PDA

View Full Version : 7 Adult Discus for sale

jim
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 12:50 AM
Hi,

I have 7 large discus for sale..all of them are around 11cm long.
Sorry I am not able to ship to other state, don't want to risk my fish.
Please pm me if you interested.
I accept reasonable offer if you like to buy the lot.

Cheers

jim
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 12:56 AM
more

jim
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 12:59 AM
Seperate photo of my red Turq and snow white

jim from sydney
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 01:35 AM
Jim....have you identified male/female???

jim
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 01:42 AM
I think the snow white is the female and the turq is the male... they lay eggs on the driftwood twice a month...
cheers...

Daetarek
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 02:37 AM
Well they are all gorgeous i wish i could get some .. .alas my wallet says no :( i love the pearl pigeons and white butterfly especially :)

good luck with the sale .... but why would you get rid of such beautiful discus ?

jim
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 03:26 AM
Thanks Daetarek,

I am selling them as my wife does not like them :'(
She says they look ugly after they grow big....
Guess she only like SMALL cute discus...my GOD...
Anyway...I am welling to get rid of them for my wife to avoid further complains...
I will let her pick the discus that she like after I sold them...

I hand feed my discus everyday and it's really hard for me to sell them... I don't want them to end up in the LFS and suffer..I want to sell them in this forum..at least people here have good heart for discus and know how to look after them...

Daetarek
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 04:06 AM
my gf is the same she prefers them small and cute but she still likes big discus, just not as much :?

well i hope they find a good home :) i envy whoever picks them up as they are beautiful :)

Davo
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 07:04 AM
Jim,

I have PM you.

Dave.

Swan
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 08:27 AM
Jim

Sell the wife!

Swan

goldenpigeon
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 08:56 AM
^ thats what i think! they are your fish so it doesnt matter. if she wants "nice ones" getv her her own tank.

if i was in sydney atm i would grab that white butterfly and the second pearl pigeon off you right away!!!

very nice fish!!!!

marg
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 09:23 AM
No matter what you buy, they are all going to grow.

Lovely Fish.

Myself I love to buy them small and watch them grow - I have a Male Red Marlboro and a Male Blue Turquoise amongst my Discus that I purchased when they were really tiny - they are really big now and I just adore them!!.,

I get a real thrill watching them grow and could never part with them.
Regards,

Marg.

beblou
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 09:45 AM
i want the white butterfly, can i pick him up this weekend? knowing me ill take more when i get there pm me...

beblou
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 09:47 AM
will take the pearl pigeon to his left to if possible

jim from sydney
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 10:04 AM
I WOULD RE-CONSIDER SELLING THEM YOU MAYBE SORRY THEY ARE TOP FISH........MY ADVICE IS KEEP THEM

jim
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 12:57 PM
Thanks guys for the support... It's kinda hard for me to sell them..but they have to go...
I think the relationship is more important...if I really have to choose...at least I still got to keep my fish tank....
Guess I still have to sell the next batch after they grown....heart brocken once a year...

fozziwozzi
Fri Mar 10, 2006, 01:26 PM
wow what nice tiger lotus you have in the background :)

jim
Sat Mar 11, 2006, 11:07 AM
Hi Guys,
to avoid confusion, I will post a resent photo of my white butterfly of how it looks like now. It's around 8-9cm.
Quite a few black peppering due to heavy planted tank. Hope it will turn back to how it looks like before if you don't have any plant in your tank..cheers

goldfish
Sat Mar 11, 2006, 11:21 AM
does the plants effect the discus peppering is it?

jim
Sat Mar 11, 2006, 12:10 PM
Yah...the plants will cause peppering for pigeon blood...red melon..etc..
These discus are very clean in the aquraium, as there is no plant in the tank....

Daetarek
Sat Mar 11, 2006, 09:47 PM
Why does it cause peppering ? do we know ?

Even with the peppering i adore that white butterfly :)

jim
Sun Mar 12, 2006, 07:10 AM
Thanks Daetarek,

No idea how it happened...but I am sure u can find out from discus books..
Also check out the some red melon pic under my name...and the red melon I am selling...u can see it had developed some peppering on the nose and the fins...

jim
Mon Mar 20, 2006, 12:09 AM
Hi guys...
2 PB sold...
please pm me if you are still interested with my discus...
also open for reasonable offers..

Cheers

Daetarek
Mon Mar 20, 2006, 02:43 AM
sorry if i am asking a dense question whats left ?
and what are the prices ?

jim
Mon Mar 20, 2006, 04:48 AM
Hi Daetarek,

I still have white butterfly, red melon, rose red, snow white&red terq pair left.

The prices is on page 1 of this topic below each photo. You can also give me an offer of the fish you like.
Had Jonesy pick up 2 PB last Sun, was not sure which fish he will really buy. So I think I better ask around again after he pick up the fish. Just in case I waste people's time.