PDA

View Full Version : Water Cloudy after GEO Solution Treatment??

discus_maniac
Tue Mar 07, 2006, 12:36 PM
Hi folks,

Anyone in here use GEO Solution before?
The aquarium guys told me to test the filter by putting in the GEO Solution and if the filter is working properly then within 3 hours the water will be cystal clear, BUT after 24 hours my water is not that clear and on the bottom of the tank there is like some kind of white powder after using the products.
So i am just wondering whether i should sell the my current filter (Fluval 304)and buy another brand like Ehime

DM

Proteus
Tue Mar 07, 2006, 05:17 PM
Does Geo liquid have an expiry date at all???

discus_maniac
Wed Mar 08, 2006, 05:37 AM
No, looking at the bottle there are no expiry date!
I got it from a repuatable aqurarium guy in Melbourne, the bottle stated "Totally Natural, Geo Solution Liquid, High Suspension Molecular Filters".

DM

revkev
Wed Mar 08, 2006, 07:24 AM
Hi the water will go cloudy with GEO solution but will clear up after a while depending how much suspended particals are in your water. The GEO solution traps the particals and the filter removes it all. The water should be clear in a day or two unless you put to much in the water?
I have used GEO solution in a 6ft planted tank with 2 canister filters with no problems.
Hope this helped Revkev

Ben
Wed Mar 08, 2006, 02:21 PM
DM

is there any chance of a picture?

geo liquid will usually clear the water within 24 hours.

How long has it been since the fluval
been cleaned?

goldenpigeon
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 06:44 AM
3 hour = totally unrealistic.

24 = normal - bit unusual

Bill T.
Thu Mar 16, 2006, 02:49 AM
I have been using geo-solution, which I got from OAFI. The guy there makes this stuff himself. It does take a bit longer for the water to clear than geo-liquid, but costs a lot less. My discuss usually lay eggs within 48 hours of using the geol-solution.