PDA

View Full Version : Agressive male

pj and fishy
Tue Mar 07, 2006, 09:13 AM
Hi everyone...I have just recently purchased a well I think exy pair of discus..my only time with discus (3 of them) was 2 years ago for 6 months but then I shifted from Syd to Cairns and was told not to take my babies with me as we were spending 4 days traveling...any way back to my prob...I bought this beautiful pair a month ago, I have them in a 2ft tank, do 30% water change twice a week, no subtrate, went from plastic plants to live plants 1 week ago, up until then the two of them go on really well together, always swimming/eating together...since I have introduced a heap of real plants he is always having a go at her even when I feed them...(she has no bits out of her finage) he seems to mainly go for her about middle body, is this, a, about to be spawing thing (I also have fighters so am used to this with them) she doesn't seem too worried about it, she just goes off to a corner...but I don't like it....don't ask the name of the plants...I don't know....but the LFS I bought them (the plants)from has a lot of discus for sale and heaps of different plants for sale...so I asked them which was the best plant that would be ok with my discus...so I can't really see how the plants could effect the attitude of the male....so what is his problem. all help greatly appreciated...lol am actually thinking about putting my 8" oscar in there to sort him out..lol in his dreams...thanks for any help, it will be greatly appreciated...my other babies are fighters...and buffhead (oscar) and angels...fighters and buffhead travelled on the front floor of my car during the shift..
pj....aka Annette

Daetarek
Tue Mar 07, 2006, 08:44 PM
i would say that they are just picking out some space for themseleves as you have just changed the tank around a bit the territories are just being remade as it were. I was told that it can take discus up to a month to settle into a tank or after a change.

ta
Rob