PDA

View Full Version : HELP:clear gel with white dotted stuff appear in discus tank

redmelon
Sun Mar 05, 2006, 10:12 PM
Hi All,

Can you please tell me about some clear gel with white dotted stuff start appearing in my discuss tank,... Firstly, i have some tetras, 3 angel fish and 3 silver shark, 3 bristle nose with lots of plants in my discus tank. over the weekend i change 50% of water. i put prime, discuss geo liquid, acid buffer in my aged water. few days later i found some CLEAR GELL with dotted white spots,.. i do not know what it is,... can you guys able to identify it for me... is that harmful for my tank and if it is how can i remove them. i also try to remove the snails that appear in my discuss tank..

Dangerous Dave
Sun Mar 05, 2006, 11:02 PM
Sounds like snail eggs.

Do you have snails in your tank?

Daetarek
Sun Mar 05, 2006, 11:05 PM
I have to agree sounds very much like snail eggs, you also mentioned you have had snails popping up ... have you introduced any new plants, thats how i have noticed them sneak in.

apparently loaches are really good at getting rid of snails

redmelon
Mon Mar 06, 2006, 02:12 AM
yup, i have new plants and i noticed also that baby snail is poping-up in my tank... i will watch out if it is realy a snail egg, which i think it is most likely..

thanks guys...

kevkoi
Tue Mar 07, 2006, 04:23 AM
picture of this mysterious gel?