PDA

View Full Version : anybody use a grounding probe

Bad Inferno
Sun Mar 05, 2006, 09:45 AM
I have been reading that there is quite alot of stray voltage in the tank given off by heaters, pumps & UV. Does anybody use one of those titanium grounding probes, they seem quite cheap ~25.00

I would of thought these to be a cheap investment

Daetarek
Sun Mar 05, 2006, 09:54 AM
well i had a cracked heater and didn't notice for four days, and the discus were all ok, so i don't think it really affects them, however my knife fish was a different story ... he did not go so well :(

if it will give you peace of mind i say get it ... all i suggest is make sure its easy to install and has no side effects etc

Bad Inferno
Sun Mar 05, 2006, 10:43 AM
I was reading that the knife fish actually give out electrical impulses at a very regular intervals and can be measured in the water with probes.

The amount of energy they give out is directly associated with their water conditions. They had been trying to genetically breed them so that they are sensitive to different chemicals / toxins in the water. This would allow us to use them as living chemical analysers.

Daetarek
Sun Mar 05, 2006, 09:29 PM
yeah i read something similar about them being bred for water testing in germany