PDA

View Full Version : How old before i start selling them?

Mike
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 07:58 AM
What will a re turq/ blue violet make? and when and how much would i sell them for?

Merrilyn
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 09:08 AM
Hello Mike. Your local aquarium shop would be a good place to start. Ask them if they would buy locally bred discus off you, and how much they would pay, and at what size.

Just to give you an idea, they usually pay you around 25% of what they sell them for, and they like them at about 2 inches in size.

Your red turk/blue violet will give you a percentage of both colours, possibly 50/50, but I think you'll find the majority will be red turq.

Mike
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 09:33 AM
So will the babies have both colours or how does it work? or just half is red turq and haalf is blue violet? 0_o

Merrilyn
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 09:49 AM
Some will look exactly like the red turq, and some will look exactly like a blue violet, and some will be a combination of the two, like a turk but without vertical stripes.

Mike
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 10:32 AM
oic hmm how about a malboro red and a snow white? what would i get outa thoes 0_o? wouldnt that make ugly babies?

Merrilyn
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 12:35 PM
I believe that one's already been done.

Asian breeders have crossed a Marlboro Red with a Rose red to develop a Red Melon.

The red Melon crossed with a snow white gave them a fish they called a 'red white'. Very pretty.

Mike
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 12:54 PM
oh really its a mixof red and white hmm.. i think that would look funky?