PDA

View Full Version : Oh No Hex Again :(

discus_maniac
Tue Feb 28, 2006, 06:34 AM
Hi all,

I am about to start treatment from HEX for one of my discus, he is not eating, got white poo, and always hide.

I also got my blue discus, i suspect he also need treatment as well....at the moment he is still eating ok, just that he colour is really dark and quite often he pointed his head down, and don't really swim just like difting.

So should i get both in the hopistal tank for treatment???

:x

sammigold
Tue Feb 28, 2006, 11:30 AM
I notice that in another post you said that this blue discus had just recovered from hex.... if you think that he is relapsing but he is still eating then I would put him in the hospital tank and treat him... because he is eating you may be able to put the medication into his food so that it goes directly to his gut ( I have read that this is an advantage in treating fish with hex)

Trust your instincts it does sound like something is wrong.... Good Luck

discus_maniac
Tue Feb 28, 2006, 01:33 PM
Yes my blue discus is on the recovery path...and it happen again :(
BTW i got a powerhead pump, should i use that in a hospital tank as a replacement of the air stone????

Just so sad my discus is sich again :cry:

sammigold
Wed Mar 01, 2006, 01:38 AM
I'm not sure.... You will want to make sure there is plenty of oxygen in the water which the airstone will provide.... depending how strong the powerhead is you might make the current too strong for your sick discus... I really dont know..... someone else might be able to help hopefully.... sorry! :oops: