PDA

View Full Version : nice and white

barramundi
Sat Feb 25, 2006, 12:03 PM
Hi all,

Went to lfs to get supply of bloodworms and came out with this beaut.Just could not leave without it!!

john

goldenpigeon
Sat Feb 25, 2006, 12:10 PM
NICE FISH!!!!

AND OMG I LOVE UR TANK!!! what r those plantrs in the foreground?! have you done a rundown of your tank in the plant forum!!! it would be awesome!!!

marg
Sun Feb 26, 2006, 03:00 AM
Have to agree with you G.P., beautiful tank!!

What sort of subtrate are you using Barramundi, and what sort of Feretilizers - the tank looks really "alive" ?

Love your new addition - he/she really stands out.,

Regards,

Marg.

nicholas76
Sun Feb 26, 2006, 12:31 PM
stunning tank John and well done in selecting your new addition!

barramundi
Mon Feb 27, 2006, 01:57 AM
Hi all,

Thanks for the comments i did do a bit of a run down in this section called all in 5 months you might find it further down.The plant in the front is just chain sword but it has gone mad.Then i just have amazon swords, red lotus and some crypts the plant at the back grows like mad just trimed it the day took photo.Subtrate is just plain old 2-3 ml gravel.

john

Squid
Mon Feb 27, 2006, 03:56 PM
Hey Barra - nice tank. Those fish look familiar. Did you get them from Don? If so, your the one who keeps getting the reds/pigeons before I can get there each Saturday! Quick and the dead in that shop for sure. Be good to be home in April, so I can come around and have a look.

Squid

Merrilyn
Tue Feb 28, 2006, 04:33 AM
Ahhhh the things that discus make us do :roll: They just sit there with their pleading eyes saying "Take me home. Take me home." and of course, we do :wink:

Lovely fish, and that tank is to die for. Congratulations.

barramundi
Thu Mar 02, 2006, 06:01 AM
Hi Squid,

Yeh the fish came from Don but i only got the pigeons about 4 weeks ago.They are nice, so who was geting them befor you was also getting them befor me as i was after some for ages.

Took a photo into Don he just about fell over when he seen how the tank and fish had come on.You have to be in 1st to get in the recliners by the tank or my wife and neighbours get in and they dont move.It would be good to see you when you get back and get your veiws on the new discus.

Thanks for comments .......john

Squid
Thu Mar 02, 2006, 05:49 PM
Barra - The Army has made a good decision for once in its life, and they've decided to send me home early. Must be a hidden agenda somewhere, but anyway - I'll be back in Townsville on 10 Mar. Will be most likely blind for the first day or 2 (haven't had a drink for 5 months now - possibly the longest dry spell I've had since I was 4 years old). My missus bought me a new Red Marborough male from Don, as I have that real nice female with no mate. Imported one - and she paid $195 for it. Isn't she a nice lancashire lass. Talk to you soon

Squid

barramundi
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 11:02 AM
Hi Squid,

I don't belive it i wanted that red marborough if it was the one in the shop. Don had 2 a real nice large one for $195 and a smaller one.The large one was on hold for a long time i kept asking about it then one day it had gone.The small one was still there its grown now i thought about buying that one last week.Dont know which one your wife has bought, but hey they were nice so can i put in an order if you ever get babies out of them :) and what a nice wife you have.

Don has put the pic of tank shown here on his discus tank hopefully it will encourage others to take the discus plunge.

Good to hear you will be home soon look fwd to catching up.

john

RJ_Archer
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 07:46 PM
OMFG 8-) that first discus is the cleanest i have ever seen, how much did that beuity cost ya.....awsome find man

Squid
Sat Mar 04, 2006, 07:43 AM
Hi Barra - my misses is like a chinese tourist. She sees something shiney and buys it on impulse. In future, she can impulse buy any discus she wants for me! Anyway - before i left in Nov, Don had some real good quality RM's in his shop (got them from Cairns/Exotic discus). Nearly bought them both back then. She says its quite large, so I dont know which one it is. I'm going over to pick it up next Saturday when I get back. Looks like my wild caught Tefes have bred as well, and we currently have quite a few fry on differing strains. My misses has beginners luck. Talkt to you soon.

Squid

RJ_Archer
Sun Mar 05, 2006, 12:25 AM
whats the web site that u got ya discus from squid

Squid
Mon Mar 06, 2006, 07:43 AM
mate - I dont use the web often to buy fish. Those whites etc (if Barra bought them from Townsville0 are from a local breeder in Townsville who has about 20-30 6 inch specimens. Nice fish. Now my local fish supplier buys the reds/blues from Exotic discus in Cairns. The site is www.exoticdiscus.com Pretty good site, but its easier for me to drive up there to Cairns and buy up.

Squid

barramundi
Mon Mar 06, 2006, 10:08 AM
Hi all,

Squid is spot on archer i did get them here in townsville the whites $125 @ 9-10cm nice and clean.

Hey squid that exotic in carins looks good i will be there in june must make a visit, unless i cant wait that long.Just started on 2nd tank and was in don's today to get some stuff for it and that red was still there i wonder if that one is for you?

Catch ya soon.....john

Daetarek
Mon Mar 06, 2006, 09:11 PM
Does anyone know of any breeders around sydney like that ? they have a very interesting range

Squid
Tue Mar 07, 2006, 12:52 PM
Barra - I hope that is my little red boy in the shop. That fish in the picture - did Don get that from Darren out at Rangewood? I'm leaving Pakistan tomorrow morning, so I'll read your reply on Thursday when I get home.

Squid

barramundi
Wed Mar 08, 2006, 07:23 AM
Hi Squid,

Mate i don't know where Don got it from he had about 5 but i thought this one had the best shape and was so nice.I dont know Darren but he must have some nice discus if that is where its from, you will see the others when you pick your little fella up - also he has some of the pigeons in like mine .Hope you got home safely.

john