PDA

View Full Version : Can you tell me what is wrong with my Discus?? pic attached

oOAnUrIsMOo
Tue Feb 21, 2006, 12:18 PM
Hello, my discus stared getting brown spots on its body all over started near its mouth. I have treated for ick and with a medication which was suppose to cover a variety of disease. (I treated for ick because my other Discus had Ick which has cleared up)

I think my water is good 0 nitrates, 7ph, 120 gallon tank with 3 discus 1 pleco.

Look at pic and see if you can tell me the problem.

oOAnUrIsMOo
Tue Feb 21, 2006, 12:24 PM
sorry here are my discus

oOAnUrIsMOo
Tue Feb 21, 2006, 12:27 PM
here is another shot. Easiest to see spots near head.

madaboutfish
Tue Feb 21, 2006, 01:21 PM
Hi,

Not exactly sure what brown spots you are refering to as I just can't see any brown spots. Are you refering to the dusty peppering on the fish? If so it is just the characteristics of the pigeon blood strain.

Nick

Merrilyn
Wed Feb 22, 2006, 12:59 AM
A very warm welcome to the forum.

It's a bit had to pick from those photos, but I think you may be referring to the black peppering around the head of the fish. This is very normal, and a part of the colouring of the pigeon blood strain of discus. It tends to develop as the fish age.

Nothing to worry about. Just part of the normal colouring.

This is a pic of my pair of pigeon blood discus. You can see the fish at the front is showing some faint spotting, and the fish at the back is showing a lot more spotting.

Proteus
Wed Feb 22, 2006, 01:17 AM
Here is a pic of my Marlboro Red with some peppering around the noggin.

HTH

oOAnUrIsMOo
Wed Feb 22, 2006, 02:44 AM
Hi thanks for letting me know about the peppering. I am glad I found this forum. I have been looking for somewhere to talk to people about discus. How did you get such great pictures of your fish??

Glad to hear that there is nothing wrong with my fish.

ozarowana
Thu Feb 23, 2006, 09:34 AM
Looks like your pics are a bit out of focus. Try putting your camera in action mode and take lots of shots and only keep the best ones.