PDA

View Full Version : Hello All,

Caesar
Mon Feb 20, 2006, 01:34 AM
Gday,

My name is Jason (aka caesar). I have just logged onto this excellent site.

I am extensively involoved in breeding cichlids but due to my occupation (Army Officer) I have to pack up and sell all my stock every two to three years.

I currently have 11 tanks (3 - 5 ft) with my cichlid colonies, but my big display tanks inside need a new theme, that is why I am turning to Discus for something new and exciting.

Anyway I look forward to hearing your do's and don't for discus. (I Hear they can be tough).

Ave

Jason :D

nicholas76
Mon Feb 20, 2006, 01:40 AM
Hi Jason,

Welcome to the forum, look forward to hearing from you and your vast experiences with cichlids.!

cant wait to see pictures of your tanks :D

marg
Mon Feb 20, 2006, 01:51 AM
I'll bet you take less interest in your other Fish once you get some Discus - great choice, but I must warn you - they are very addictive - once you start with them you can't seem to stop, there are so many different and beautiful colours!!

Scroll through the Forum - it is packed with advice regarding these "Kings of the Aquarium", and if you have any further Questions feel free to ask - there are many people on the Forum who would be only too pleased to steer you in the right direction.

Regards,

Marg.

Merrilyn
Mon Feb 20, 2006, 04:44 AM
Welcome again Jason. I've replied to your questions in Discus 101. :P

Hope you enjoy your time with us. :wave

Caesar
Mon Feb 20, 2006, 08:02 AM
Thanks guys,

I am already addicted to cichlids, so I am looking forward to branching into discus.

I think I have a lot of reading ahead of me.

Cheers

Jason

discus21
Mon Feb 20, 2006, 10:19 PM
hi caesar

glad to hear you took my advise
and joined this great site

full of wonderful information

regards
discus21

tennhound
Tue Feb 21, 2006, 04:24 AM
Jason welcome to Df. Glad to have you here. Good luck with the discus.

MARIE

wifey of axelfaz
Wed Feb 22, 2006, 07:53 AM
Hey there Jason

Knowhow you feel having to start again every 2 or so years. 11 moves in 14 years lol and one to come :) ( Navy family )

Fishpimpin73
Sun Mar 05, 2006, 05:24 PM
To be honest.............

If you have ever kept soft water cichlids, then Discus are going to be a breeze for ya.

Welcome to therapy :P

Anubias
Fri Mar 31, 2006, 10:38 PM
Welcome Jason,

Good to see another Cichlid enthusiast turned Discus.

Enjoy!