PDA

View Full Version : WTB breeding pair blue diamonds

jim from sydney
Thu Feb 09, 2006, 10:51 AM
i am looking for a proven pair of blue diamonds and would prefer sydney area....any-one ???? Jim

Ben
Thu Feb 09, 2006, 11:21 AM
Hi Jim,

pm sent

cheers
Ben

Crocky
Sat Feb 11, 2006, 11:34 PM
Hi Jim

What type of discus is that yellow one your are showing.

Brad

jim from sydney
Sun Feb 12, 2006, 08:36 AM
Hi Jim

What type of discus is that yellow one your are showing.

Brad

Hi Brad
It is a yellow pigeon, a real beauty don't you think.......Jim

Crocky
Mon Feb 13, 2006, 05:50 AM
Hi Jim

I like it alot ,very nice color.
what do you feed it as I have been told if you feed yellow fish the wrong food they go red/pink.Tetrabits ect

Brad

marg
Mon Feb 13, 2006, 07:03 AM
I have to agree with you Crocky, it is a beautiful Fish. I love Blue Diamonds, they are really stunning Fish, and the Yellow Diamond looks as if it would be equally stunning.

I have also read that Tetra Bits turn Yellow Fish to Red/Pink.

I have a Gold Pigeon and a Gold Pigeon/Red Melon Cross and I have noticed that when I feed them Tetra Bits they turn a sort of Orangey colour.

As a matter of interest Jim, where did you get him/her from?

Regards,

Marg.

G-1000
Mon Feb 13, 2006, 08:11 AM
Tetra bits will turn any yellowish fish to a orangy colour.

My electrics yellows
Albino catfish
Yellow based discus

etc etc.

It is a great food tho

G

jim from sydney
Mon Feb 13, 2006, 09:04 AM
I have to agree with you Crocky, it is a beautiful Fish. I love Blue Diamonds, they are really stunning Fish, and the Yellow Diamond looks as if it would be equally stunning.

I have also read that Tetra Bits turn Yellow Fish to Red/Pink.

I have a Gold Pigeon and a Gold Pigeon/Red Melon Cross and I have noticed that when I feed them Tetra Bits they turn a sort of Orangey colour.

As a matter of interest Jim, where did you get him/her from?

Regards,

Marg.

The tetra bits is true, it will change the colour of the fish marginally. Reds and orange will become more dominant, other colours become brighter. In time when one stops using tetra bits the enhancements will reduce again. it is the chemical composition of the food that does the changing. personally i use it sparingly, and feed it only as a week-end snack.
that beautiful fish..........its origin will remain a closely kept secret i am afraid to say my friends, .....just to tease you a bit longer.... :roll: ...Jim.

nicholas76
Mon Feb 13, 2006, 10:39 AM
You should see the effects of spirulina!

Ben have you got a pic to show the diffrence, you once showed me awhile back!

jim from sydney
Sun Mar 05, 2006, 09:15 AM
i am looking for a proven pair of blue diamonds and would prefer sydney area....any-one ???? Jim

I am still looking guys.....Jim

nicholas76
Sun Mar 05, 2006, 09:23 AM
Jim whats your price range for a proven pair of blue diamonds?? what are you willing to spend?

jim from sydney
Sun Mar 05, 2006, 09:55 AM
Jim whats your price range for a proven pair of blue diamonds?? what are you willing to spend?
NIcholas.....depends on age, proven to have raised juvies etc. do you have any for sale??if so can i see some pics pl...Jim

nicholas76
Sun Mar 05, 2006, 11:55 AM
gday jim,

I have a proven pair with pics etc etc that I will consider selling. Price includes shipment to yourself say $600.

jim from sydney
Sun Mar 05, 2006, 09:59 PM
sorry Pal too heavy....JIm

nicholas76
Mon Mar 06, 2006, 05:19 AM
Jim,

If your after a "quality proven pair" you realistically will probably pay that and more.

keep in mind that if you end up with a good spawn first time the fish will pay for themselves.

Try SLS im sure kev can do you a deal on some nice fish.

good luck in your search regardless.

Jonesy
Mon Mar 06, 2006, 06:58 AM
SLS had a pair of blue diamonds at the shop for $450.. i saw them in there about 3 days ago... nice fish to might be worth going down the to have a look ...

Jonesy
Mon Mar 06, 2006, 07:06 AM
here is a link.. these are the blue diamonds that i was talking about http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6215

DiscusMad
Mon Mar 06, 2006, 06:18 PM
Jim I went to SLS yesterday ane they have a pair and they look great

jim from sydney
Tue Mar 07, 2006, 12:01 AM
Nicholas....Jonesy.....Discusmad......thanks guys will contact SLS now....Jim

DiscusMad
Tue Mar 07, 2006, 09:44 PM
how did you go jim were they still there?

jim from sydney
Wed Mar 08, 2006, 01:38 AM
how did you go jim were they still there?

thanks Buddy.....yes and i have made arrangements to collect them... :wave2 ..thanks for the help......Jim

DiscusMad
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 01:27 PM
no problem I am glad I rembered for you

DiscusMad
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 01:27 PM
oh and keep me in mind when they have some bubs!

jim from sydney
Mon Mar 13, 2006, 08:20 AM
oh and keep me in mind when they have some bubs!

Discusmad......have them home now....great looking pair.....now for breeding......i hope?????........will keep u in mind.....thanks again.....Jim

nicholas76
Mon Mar 13, 2006, 08:24 AM
What did you pay Jim... for an unconfirmed pair?

jim from sydney
Mon Mar 13, 2006, 09:26 AM
What did you pay Jim... for an unconfirmed pair?

this is a confirmed pair........confirmed by breeder as having laid eggs.....on sale for $450....a good price they are a nice looking pair....Jim

Merrilyn
Mon Mar 13, 2006, 11:06 AM
Well done Jim. Hope they give you lots and lots of fry. :P

jim from sydney
Tue Mar 14, 2006, 03:36 AM
Merrilyn......i hope so too.......i try hard enough....(maybe too hard??)..like all of us....because i just love them....

PS i am about to post an interesting Q. regarding lights.....can you comment too please ??.

here is the link
http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6301&highlight=&sid=669a4b0e50b97e3d438eeebf24fae32f

p=52163#52163.....thanks.....Jim

DiscusMad
Fri Apr 28, 2006, 02:18 PM
jim have they had any babies yet???

jim from sydney
Sun Apr 30, 2006, 10:29 AM
jim have they had any babies yet???

Hi D

the "confirmed BD pair" i was told...the larger one was the male.....
after 2 weeks the larger one laid white eggs...yes it did.....obviously a female and bad eggs...and then the other BD, the smaller one seemed to me to spawn as well...next to it.....so i have 2 females.......bugger.

am not to 100% sure about the smaller one though, as it was difficult to see what was happening, and maybe that it was the male just passing over the white eggs. The eggs were white however so infertile.

so will wait to see for a while

i may try to place them both in a separate breeding tank with a proven male to confirm. that tank however is used by another pair at the moment so either wait or buy another breeding tank, i may do the latter next weekend..........

Who said breeding was boring?????????

mcloughlin2
Mon May 01, 2006, 02:31 AM
The LFS with the best reputation can sometimes be mislead or they can do the misleading....

Try contacting SLS as im sure givin the mistake they made will be happy to do some deal with you in regards to a swap for a proven male... :P

nicholas76
Mon May 01, 2006, 07:49 AM
Yeah I agree,

especially if they told you that its a confirmed breeding pair. Perhaps they simply got one confused which is easy to do when selecting a fish out of a big tank.

SLS will do the right thing by its customers :)

Give them a call and let us know how it went