PDA

View Full Version : My Couples

Jeroen
Wed Feb 08, 2006, 01:57 AM
Finally found some time to make pictures of my couples, I promised also pictures of my breeding setup, but I didn't have enought time, I will post them later.

Jeroen
Wed Feb 08, 2006, 01:58 AM
part 2

Jeroen
Wed Feb 08, 2006, 02:02 AM
part 3

Mattzilla
Wed Feb 08, 2006, 02:33 AM
wow they look great

Merrilyn
Wed Feb 08, 2006, 03:08 AM
Jeroen, you have some lovely fish there. Excellent colour and shape. Congratulations.

Love to see more pictures of your breeding set up when you have the time.

Bluefish
Wed Feb 08, 2006, 11:50 AM
Hey

Excellent pictures there. :D I really love them nice work.Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us. 8-)

Cheers

Bluefish

II j L c II
Thu Feb 09, 2006, 12:32 AM
The first two pictures are remarkable.

Jon

Jeroen
Thu Feb 09, 2006, 12:58 AM
Hi Matzilla....thanks, you got some nice fish yourself too

Lady red: as promised....unfortunally didn't have time to photograph setup, I will do that when I have the time for it.

Bluefish: pictures where taken quickly (didn;t have so much time) next time will try to do better

Jon...Couple 1 and 2 are my favorite ;-) and one of those favorite had a nice surprise for me today...EGGS

I had many problems with the eggs....everytime they were eaten after 30 hours, but I think I found the problem, the couple is in a diffrent setup now, and this is the fiest time they had eggs in their new enviroment....so I am very excited :-)

Jeroen

DarrenJThomas
Thu Feb 09, 2006, 04:22 AM
I too like the first 2 couples.

What do you think the issue was in regards to eating the eggs?

Darren

Jeroen
Thu Feb 09, 2006, 12:23 PM
Wel I have fount a succes yet by the breedig but I will try to tell in short my story

When I bought these couples I found with couple 1 & 2 (they where in the same (split in 2) tank
Both where eating the eggs after aprox 30 hours (each time)
THEN I tought it was the filter problem, to small filter capacity...so I set up a second (temp) setup with a very large biological filter...

In this new setup nothing happend so far

The other 2 couples where in the same rack but with a few more in a community tank and were not showing so much action there.

When couple 1 & 2 moved to setup 2 I had the change to move couple 3 & 4 to seperated tanks (1 tank split in 2)

As soon they were there they to start lay eggs (in a few days)
and guess what: both 30 hours, and they were gone :-(

NOW: I have mentioned in another topic that I really thought one of the equipment was leaking a electricity (very small)
I noticed this a few times when I had a little cut in my fingers/hand and when I touched the surface of the water.

Unfortunally I have no equipment to measure that (this weekend I finally do have that)

But all together it feels (and I am so sure) there is a little electricity in the water, 4 couples having the same problem....call me crazy, but I really believe it is this problem....Since I have this couples I think (wild guess) I had a about 16 or 18 times eggs....and all eating after 30 hours.

I hope this answer your question darren....
Will let you know when things go better

Jeroen

DarrenJThomas
Fri Feb 10, 2006, 02:00 AM
If you "electricity leak" is from a 240V supply i recon it will be as a result of an earth leakage / bad earth. This could be from a peice of equipment (filter, heater)

If it was from the active your circuit breaker would trip.

To eliminate the possibilities turn off each peice of equipment independantly and see if the feeling stops.

If this fails run an extension cord to another power point and run your aquarium from there. This will identify the power outlet to be the problem.
Have you had your house rewired recently?

I would put my bet on faulty equipment.

mcloughlin2
Fri Feb 10, 2006, 10:13 PM
Great looking fish u have there jeroen.... :wink:

Jeroen
Fri Feb 10, 2006, 11:50 PM
I am pretty sure allready it is the bad equipment, but not sure wich piece....so far tested I am doubting between to pieces...(maybe both)

This weekend I will know more...hopefulle solve the problem also :S

The ammount is apparantly so small that the adult discus don't have a problem with it, but it seems to be a problem for the eggs...

Anyway: I have to fix this...don't want to kill my discus