PDA

View Full Version : BD Need Help!!

dachoo
Sat Jan 28, 2006, 09:49 AM
I've a BD around 2.5" Suddenly stop eating 14 days ago.
The only symptom is turning black & once done W/C the body turn white but the rest stay black then turn back to black under 1 hour.( temp do drop >1 during W/C. Another symptom is between the cheek & gill cover is redish in color.It was with another 9 discus until yesterday, the rest of the discus are healthy.
I've run out of idea with this BD. :!:
Anyone come across please help THank......

sammigold
Sat Jan 28, 2006, 10:14 AM
If you could post your water parameters... ie.. ph, gh, kh, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate...

has he been bullied by any of the other 9 discus?

have you seen the colour of his poo?
(I know he hasnt eaten but maybe before he stopped eating?)

Has he been flicking/scraping up against anything in the tank...

the answers to these questions may help with diagnosis as would maybe a photo if you have any...

I'm sure someone should be able to help you....

dachoo
Sat Jan 28, 2006, 10:39 AM
Water Ph around 6.0-6.8 for Nov & Dec PH 6.6 until now
GH - 3dGH.
Amo- 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate was 20 when it first turn black, last two week -3.

Was bully for the first two week in Nov.The fisrt 5 in the tank.Add another 4 after 2 week.Everyone was find after.(some chasing around during feeding)

Poo was normal the last time I saw.

Have other fish flicking/scraping sometimes but never see him done that before.

BD is in Q/T for the last 24+ hour,no enough light there at the moment. Photos will post tomorrow if...got a blur photo just now.

sammigold
Sat Jan 28, 2006, 10:50 AM
Dachoo, just so you know.... I am not an expert.... but it could be that he got funny about being bullied... now that he is in tank by himself he may eat...

What do you feed your discus.... sometimes you can encourage them to eat by offering them frozen brine shrimp, or I think other people offer frozen bloodworm (apparently discus love that!!)

Just as a start, Maybe you could try that to see if he starts eating again...

other than that I cant help much but I am sure that some others here will have some great ideas.... HTH

dachoo
Sat Jan 28, 2006, 11:12 AM
Thank Sammi,
Have try dif. food for breakfast, lunch & dinner but no luck. BD will come to the front of the tank when I walk near the tank but will just swim past the food I offer.The only thing I can think of is a tumour but.... I've never seen one & the symtom.. no idea!!Notice a lump on the body on top of the pectoral fin this morning but without food for 2 week.. anyone
Thank.
David.

sammigold
Fri Feb 03, 2006, 02:26 AM
Dachoo, How is your blue diamond... has he started eating.... I have noticed a few posts in the illness med area where people are having similar probs... have any of those suggestions helped....
Have you got a photo of him?

Merrilyn
Fri Feb 03, 2006, 04:52 AM
Hello Dachoo, sorry I must have missed this post. Can you give me an update on your fish. How is he looking now, and has he begun to eat.

It may well be time for a course of antibiotics. This could be a case of Hex, in which case you'll need to get some Flagyl or Metro tablets from your vet.

Turning dark, and not eating are classic symptoms of hex. Have you noticed any white jelly like poos in the tank? That's another symptom, but if he hasn't eaten for 2 weeks or more, you may not see any.

dachoo
Fri Feb 03, 2006, 01:22 PM
Thank you for asking BD will live. Very unfortunely my smaller mega-pixel camera suddenly gone dead on me on Monday. Did took some photo with my D-SLR for future references but the sizes too big for posting.

David

Merrilyn
Sat Feb 04, 2006, 12:46 AM
Glad to hear he's on the mend. I've replied to your emails :P