PDA

View Full Version : Eggsitement!!!!!!

sammigold
Tue Jan 24, 2006, 01:31 PM
well tonight I found out why all the angst in my tank the last couple of weeks.....
My babies are growing up... I think I have two boys fighting over a Lovely lady(my super red).. whom from now on will be named in honour of our very own Lady red...

So I went out, came home and my man tells me that while I was gone..."Lady red" had laid eggs on the sideglass of the tank... whilst PB was chasing angel away and trying to swim over them... nice effort but unsuccessful as "Lady" soon ate them all up...... so I missed out on seeing it....

Now I know why my PB and my BBT have been at loggerheads - I was watching and "Lady red" cant decide between the two so she goes from one side of the tank to the other and has been cleaning the glass on both sides.... and the two boys have drawn an imaginary line in almost exactly the middle of the tank and if one trys to cross it.... well :twisted: :twisted: they have a good go at each other... somehow my blue diamond is just a bystander... I dont think he/she is old enough maybe...... anyway I'm EGGcited!!!!! :D

mistakes r crucial
Tue Jan 24, 2006, 07:06 PM
Congratulations Sammi, it's great to watch them grow up isn't it.
MAC

Merrilyn
Wed Jan 25, 2006, 05:18 AM
Ohhhh Sammi :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I do hope that scarlet lady chooses between the two boys quickly :lol:

Congratulations on the eggs. Seems she's just too busy playing the field to be a mother just yet. :wink:

sammigold
Wed Jan 25, 2006, 06:18 AM
Yes, well when I went to bed last night it seemed that she was sleeping with the blue turq and then when I got up this morning she was back on the other side having a nap with the pigeonblood.... (I know being in a community tank the likelihood of babies is extremely rare but its exciting anyway! :D ) I'm sure she'll make up her mind eventually...... :roll:

am getting some newies off crocky on sunday so once they come out of quarantine they may be able to settle the angst a little... and my boys might not fight so much...