PDA

View Full Version : PRO AQUA 16 W Inline UV Steriliser

KatStar
Fri Jan 20, 2006, 03:28 AM
Hi,

Just wanting to know more about these. If anyone is using this product or has used them, are they relatively a good steriliser unit?

Thanks Kat

axl
Tue Jan 24, 2006, 10:23 PM
Hi,
i first thought i was going to buy 1 of these until i found out that you need to clean the filter out eevrytime you do a wc and i thought thats way to much effort so i decided to pay a little extra and go for the 16w external that hooks into your cannister filter and that was the best decision i have ever made. They are great units and i havent had any diseases yet (touch woood) and this is the first time i have had discus. They are easy to setup and look good mounted on your wall highly recommened.
cheers tim

rupes88
Tue Jan 24, 2006, 11:08 PM
what are we looking at cost wise ?

axl
Tue Jan 24, 2006, 11:15 PM
Hey,
i purchased mine from the age of aquariums who are sponsor here and i paid $193 for a 15w whcik doesmy 280ltr tank no worries, give ben a ring a buy 1 well worth it.

KatStar
Thu Jan 26, 2006, 10:54 PM
This is also actually a external unit which attaches to the canister filter (inline). This item was made availble to me for appox $80. But not knowing much about the brand, I was just wanting to know any feedback on this brand.

axelfaz
Fri Jan 27, 2006, 12:14 AM
hi katstar i have one of these unit at the momnent works just fine the only problem i have had is the hose connections get brittle and break HTH

cameron