PDA

View Full Version : For the nerds amongst us (web dev)

Proteus
Tue Jan 17, 2006, 11:13 AM
I am curious as to what those that are in the know think is the best web designing platform.

Dreamweaver

or

FrontPage

Also, reasons for such would be a bonus...

Mulisha
Tue Jan 17, 2006, 11:22 AM
LOL i don't know what your talking about LOL :oops:

jho51e
Tue Jan 17, 2006, 11:52 AM
hands down DW... if you can get your hands on DW8, much better!

Proteus
Tue Jan 17, 2006, 12:01 PM
I am currently using FrontPage 2003 but am considering getting DW8 & Flash 8 plus doing the Macromedia accredited courses.

Would I be guesing right jho51e that DW is what you currently use :wink:

Mattzilla
Tue Jan 17, 2006, 12:12 PM
NEEEEEEEEEEERDS!!!!!!!!

Proteus
Tue Jan 17, 2006, 12:16 PM
all I need is the glasses and the pencil pocket...

:P

jho51e
Tue Jan 17, 2006, 12:17 PM
I am currently using FrontPage 2003 but am considering getting DW8 & Flash 8 plus doing the Macromedia accredited courses.

Would I be guesing right jho51e that DW is what you currently use :wink:

yup DW all the way...

do you use CSS? if you do DW8 has enhanced CSS support, better than MX 2004 (which is the one I have)...

DW is so much powerful than FrontPage you will enjoy using it...

Mattzilla
Tue Jan 17, 2006, 12:38 PM
i will get you one for your birthday mate....lol

Proteus
Tue Jan 17, 2006, 12:42 PM
i will get you one for your birthday mate....lol

Hopefully by November you will forget... lol

goldenpigeon
Tue Jan 17, 2006, 01:31 PM
i think DW is the best, appart from the fact that i have only learned how to use dreamweaver.

sammigold
Wed Jan 18, 2006, 04:07 AM
ok my vote is dreamweaver as that is what I have heard from most people I know as their preferred... just asked my friend who makes websites and she says frontpage is crappy as it puts lots of trashy coding into the pages... she said it is ok for simple sites and is easy to use but where she works they cant use it as it cant cope with the templates they use. HTH

exile
Wed Jan 18, 2006, 08:31 AM
Dreamweaver is the way to go.
Frontpage is well.......... microsoft :wink:

RK
Wed Jan 18, 2006, 10:48 PM
Frontpage sucks. Well it used to suck a LOT, but i bet it still sucks a lot. It adds WAY too much unnecessary code. Thats primarily for IE browsers only. And you do not want unnecessary code when making websites.

Dreamweaver has always been the best. The latest one is great because it hardly adds any unnecessary code. And you can set it to NOT alter your existing code (previously it used to change the alignment/syntax as soon as you editted in dreamweaver).

Having said that, most web programmers hand code and thus use EditPlus or UltraEdit. Which are text editors, a bit like notepad, but much more advanced.

Proteus
Wed Jan 18, 2006, 11:36 PM
Having said that, most web programmers hand code and thus use EditPlus or UltraEdit. Which are text editors, a bit like notepad, but much more advanced.

UltraEdit-32 is my choice of editor...

I must say after playing around on DW8 for the past few days, I think I will be using it in the future over FP

Dave76
Thu Jan 19, 2006, 12:44 AM
Dreamweaver is a MUCH better choice over Frontpage.

It is also great for if you get into more advanced programming languages, not to mention you can also download / write custom extensions to make things a lot faster.

HTH

Dave