PDA

View Full Version : NOW OPEN - New Australian Online Retailer

Discus co-op
Wed Jan 11, 2006, 09:56 AM
After consulting with the powers that be, I wish to get an idea of interest if aquaria products and plants were made available at near wholesale prices.

If this was to go forward, business would commence some time in early February once an appropriate warehouse/distribution centre was found.

We would be one of the only, if not the only supplier that will stock almost every possible brand you can imagine, from Hagen right through to Fluval, Aqua-One, E-heim & Aqua-Medic.

Due to our proposed buying strategies, we will be able to pass on big savings to you.

Here is a sample of what we may be offering as a launch special:

Eheim Professional 3 Filter 2080 (with 3 Year Warranty) - $649.00
- Filter Media Set for 2080 - $185.00

Eheim Automatic Fish Feeder - $80.00

Sera Florena 5Ltr (Iron & Mineral plant fertilizer liquid) - $95.00

Sera C02 System (inc. 500g bottle, Regulator, C02 Reactor/Bubble Counter, C02 Hose, C02 Long Term Test, Hose Fittings) - $365.00

Sera C02 Controller (inc. Audible Alarm, Probe Condition Indicator, Illuminated Display, Inbuilt Magnetic Valve) - $525.00

Sera C02 System (Package includes both the System & Controller) - $825.00

Aqua Medic Terralit 5kg (Slow release fertilizing medium for mixing with gravel substrates) - $55.00

Aqua Medic Nitratreductor 400 (Freshwater & Marine) - $195.00

DeBary Aqua-UV Electronic UV Sterilizer 25 Watt (For aquariums up to 1500 litres) - $490.00

DeBary Aqua-UV Electronic UV Sterilzer 55 Watt (For aquariums up to 6000 litres) - $760.00

Aquel Canister Filter 650l/h (inc. 5.2Ltrs Bio-Mechanical Media, 9 Watt UV Sterilizer) - $350.00

Plus discounts on bulk plant purchases and frozen foods.

dreamer
Wed Jan 11, 2006, 10:01 AM
any t5 lighting pendant and eheim universal pump?

Discus co-op
Wed Jan 11, 2006, 10:12 AM
Which particular Universal Pump were you interested in? (Indoor or Outdoor).

As For T5 lighting, we will be able to supply several brands, however I cant give any specific indication on price or availability at this time.

dreamer
Wed Jan 11, 2006, 10:17 AM
eheim 1260 or 1060 and eheim 1250 otherwise my 2nd choice is ocean runner 2500. any chance of getting needlewheel pump ie. sedra 3500, aquabee 2000/1 or ocean runner 1700?

as for t5 im looking for 4x39w high output.

Discus co-op
Wed Jan 11, 2006, 10:28 AM
eheim 1260 or 1060 and eheim 1250 otherwise my 2nd choice is ocean runner 2500. any chance of getting needlewheel pump ie. sedra 3500, aquabee 2000/1 or ocean runner 1700?

Eheim 1060 is no longer available (spare parts are still available)

Eheim 1260 (2400Lph) - approx $245.00

Aqua Medic OR2500 (2500Lph) - approx $130.00 (from personal experience this is a great & reliable unit)

I will have to get back to you on the Needlewheel pump question

Ben
Wed Jan 11, 2006, 10:46 AM
Sounds great Discus co-op!

Keep us posted on how it all develops!

Cheers
Ben

Discus co-op
Wed Jan 11, 2006, 10:46 AM

I will have to do some checking in the morning as to what other companies have available, but at this stage I can give you a rough idea.

Aqua Medic AquaStarLight T5 (4 x 39w) - approx $690.00

oscar
Wed Jan 11, 2006, 10:55 AM
I'm sure you'll get support for your company.
Everybody loves a one-stop shop.

I'm pretty sure the Bunnings concept worked in the hardware industry. ;)

dreamer
Wed Jan 11, 2006, 11:03 AM
what quick responses :)

thanks

Discus co-op
Wed Jan 11, 2006, 11:07 AM
I'm sure you'll get support for your company.
Everybody loves a one-stop shop.

I'm pretty sure the Bunnings concept worked in the hardware industry. ;)

Thank you, ideally once things are fully established, we will have access to every brand available in the hobby, and hopefully a few new things that havent hit our shores yet.

As for the Bunnings concept, that would be nice.

Ben
Wed Jan 11, 2006, 11:12 AM
One problem though...........

Why do you have to set it up in Sydney!

Melbourne is the place to be!

Discus co-op
Wed Jan 11, 2006, 11:16 AM
Why do you have to set it up in Sydney!

Melbourne is the place to be!

Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, wherever

Thats what next day couriers are for :wink:

rupes88
Wed Jan 11, 2006, 01:27 PM
Sounds good....... when will you have a site up with more details ?

Are you already established in the commercial (retailer, wholesaler) side of the industry ?

rupes

Mattzilla
Wed Jan 11, 2006, 01:32 PM
sounds great to me!

jho51e
Wed Jan 11, 2006, 01:36 PM

Do you have a price on the 150cm 4x80w Aquastarlight T5?

And I for one would be on the look-out for your store. :-)

Discus co-op
Wed Jan 11, 2006, 10:27 PM
Sounds good....... when will you have a site up with more details ?

Are you already established in the commercial (retailer, wholesaler) side of the industry ?

rupes

Hopefully there will be some form of online presence in the next few days, we want to make sure everything is tested and functional before putting things through there paces.

Of the four people involved in this project, three have extensive experience in the aquarium/aquaculture industry, and two have extensive business management experience.

Discus co-op
Wed Jan 11, 2006, 10:32 PM

Do you have a price on the 150cm 4x80w Aquastarlight T5?

And I for one would be on the look-out for your store. :-)

Aqua Medic AquaStarLight T5 (4 x 80w) - approx $890.00

(looks like some people have good tastes in the products they use :wink: )

dreamer
Wed Jan 11, 2006, 11:38 PM
i dont mind which brand. anything cheap and good even better :lol:

Merrilyn
Thu Jan 12, 2006, 12:14 AM
Congratulations. I'm sure you will get great support from the members of this forum.

Good luck with your new venture. Anything that helps the hobbyist is very worth while.

I'll be happy to support you.

discusmaster
Thu Jan 12, 2006, 02:37 AM
seriously, are these the real prices, or is there a catch?

catfish man
Thu Jan 12, 2006, 03:06 AM
Hi Just wondering if you are a shop front as well
I am aware that the people that import eheim will not deal with anyone that isnt a shop front

Cheers

Catfish man

Discus co-op
Thu Jan 12, 2006, 03:12 AM
I am aware that the people that import eheim will not deal with anyone that isnt a shop front

Cheers

Catfish man

We will certainly have a direct retail presence as well (i.e. shopfront).

That is why we will be able to offer some products that other online retailers are unable to obtain.

endless
Thu Jan 12, 2006, 04:09 AM
awesome .... another online shop. I buy 90% of my stuff online cause its cheaper and delivery is generally fairly quick. You'll definately have me as a customer if you have a good range of products and your price is right

marg
Thu Jan 12, 2006, 04:10 AM
Whereabouts in Sydney are you going to be located?

Discus co-op
Thu Jan 12, 2006, 09:21 PM
Whereabouts in Sydney are you going to be located?

That cant really be disclosed at this time.

By no means is this a small project, and the end result should be a compliment to what is already available online.

Other items which will be carried;

Quality built tanks (to your specification) (This will only be available to Sydney, Central Coast & Illawarra residents at first due to delivery restrictions).

Substrates (Gravel, Sand, Crushed Coral, etc) no quantity too small or large (delivery restrictions may apply)

Discus co-op
Thu Jan 12, 2006, 09:24 PM
Fluval FX5 (3500Lph, incorporating Smart Pump Technology) - $375.00

Sime76
Thu Jan 12, 2006, 11:52 PM
It all sounds very good, I'd definitely buy from you.

Substrates (Gravel, Sand, Crushed Coral, etc) no quantity too small or large (delivery restrictions may apply)

Some of the hard to get specialty plant substrates would be good too.

discusmaster
Sat Jan 14, 2006, 03:48 AM
The more I read this, and the less that is being presented as evidence that this shop will start, the more I think it is an elaborate hoax or tease.

The prices are just too good to be true, or to be the real item anyway.

food for thought maybe?

Repz
Sat Jan 14, 2006, 11:19 AM
im wondering about the plants
and the species list

Ben
Sat Jan 14, 2006, 01:24 PM
discusmaster mentioned this might be a hoax.

As it is a new business just getting off the ground lets give them time.

So far i am very impressed.

Ben

rupes88
Sat Jan 14, 2006, 01:47 PM
I agree Ben.......... the internet is a great source for competition and if it means savings for us BINGO..... As discus keeping isnt cheap, I'm more than happy to say good luck guys, hope your up and running soon.....

Discus co-op
Sat Jan 14, 2006, 09:03 PM
The more I read this, and the less that is being presented as evidence that this shop will start, the more I think it is an elaborate hoax or tease.

The prices are just too good to be true, or to be the real item anyway.

food for thought maybe?

Other than my word, and that of a few others I cant do anymore to dispell any rumours or allegations of this being a hoax, etc.

I will state that it is not a new business as such, yet an existing business venturing into totally new territory.

Following is a sample layout to give you some indication that things are very serious. Obviously key information such as names and prices have been removed, but it still gives an idea of what to expect.

Discus co-op
Sat Jan 14, 2006, 09:07 PM
im wondering about the plants
and the species list

I will try and get a list of plants for you soon.

All plants will be heavily discounted however common plants such as Valisnera, etc will only be offered in multiples of 5 to 10 (priced as such that by buying in bulk would be the same as buying 3-4 retail)

jho51e
Sun Jan 15, 2006, 04:25 AM
I am from Sydney and just wondered if there will be an option for picking up the goods to save on delivery?

APW
Mon Jan 16, 2006, 01:38 AM
I am from Sydney and just wondered if there will be an option for picking up the goods to save on delivery?

We havent finalised details on that at this time, however it would be dependant on what the goods were. Obviously for very large items arrangements would be put in place, otherwise all smaller items would be sent same-day or next-day delivery.

We are in the final steps of setting the new business up, so hopefully within the next few days we can provide some more news on things.

As per what my collegue has already posted (Discus co-op) we look forward to providing you with quality products at great prices.

Thanks

jho51e
Mon Jan 16, 2006, 06:53 AM
Thanks!

Also, do you know if you will be stocking ADA products?

cheers!

Repz
Mon Jan 16, 2006, 09:20 AM
soudns good
cant wait to get some plants

Proteus
Mon Jan 16, 2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks!

Also, do you know if you will be stocking ADA products?

cheers!

I personally have not seen ADA products available in Australia (retail level anyway) but maybe if stuff is here someone can shed some light on things as there are some very sweet pieces of gear in the ADA range of products.

kevkoi
Tue Jan 17, 2006, 03:00 AM
ADA products are not currently in Australia yet. There are some problems with them getting approval for their products as there is no labelling of active ingredients, and their ADA soil is wet.

Proteus
Tue Jan 17, 2006, 03:05 AM
what about the tech equipment, I am sure all it would take is for someone to ship some stuff in, no approval required (diffusors etc)

jho51e
Tue Jan 17, 2006, 03:16 AM
what about the tech equipment, I am sure all it would take is for someone to ship some stuff in, no approval required (diffusors etc)

I am more interested in their equipment (those CO2 accessories are just to die for!) rather than the ferts or soils...

Proteus
Tue Jan 17, 2006, 03:18 AM

I am more interested in their equipment (those CO2 accessories are just to die for!) rather than the ferts or soils...

exactly... we have plenty of good substrates & ferts here anyway

kevkoi
Tue Jan 17, 2006, 03:31 AM
those I believe are already on the way. Expected in early Feb.

jho51e
Tue Jan 17, 2006, 03:42 AM
those I believe are already on the way. Expected in early Feb.

Really?? Which store will they be sold from?

Proteus
Tue Jan 17, 2006, 03:51 AM

Good things come to those that wait :wink:

phear
Thu Jan 19, 2006, 02:18 AM
sounds good! when can we start buying????

jho51e
Thu Jan 19, 2006, 02:23 AM

Good things come to those that wait :wink:

*waiting... waiting...waiting* 8-)

APW
Sun Jan 22, 2006, 11:16 AM
sounds good! when can we start buying????

Soon.......

Hopefully sometime in the next week an official announcement will be made as to when the launch date will be.

Is there anything, or any type of products that you would like to see listed that are hard to find as it is?

Ben
Sun Jan 22, 2006, 12:26 PM
Discus breeders premium dried food would be a great product to put on your shelves!

Various good quality books with all subject’s relating to the aquaria would be good to.

Ben

aussiem
Wed Jan 25, 2006, 11:25 AM
Indian Almond leaves would be a good item to stock ?
Aussie

APW
Wed Jan 25, 2006, 11:49 AM
Indian Almond leaves would be a good item to stock ?
Aussie

We are looking into a couple of options regarding Cattapa leaves or extract.

Books and associated media is one area we are seriously looking into, as for Breeders Premium dried food, we would need to have discussions with one of the suppliers, however if we can get it, then it will be made available to the public.

Proteus
Thu Jan 26, 2006, 06:03 AM
...word around the traps is that a large proportion of the ADA range of product will be exclusively available from this new online store.

Now where is that fly on the wall when you really need it?

:wink:

Merrilyn
Thu Jan 26, 2006, 06:11 AM
Okay, now I'm really intrigued. This sounds like the best thing to happen to the aquarium industry in a long time.

Top name goods at a really low price ....... count me in.

I have way too many tanks to be paying retail, and as much as I love my local fish store, I just can't afford their prices.

When do we get a sneek peak at the products and prices.

jim from sydney
Thu Jan 26, 2006, 09:17 AM
Are you thinking of importing discus as well????

phear
Thu Jan 26, 2006, 09:41 AM
the more i read the more it seems so unreal but if it is it will be great!
when i see some web addresses and i can order i will be very happy. esp if they have live stock too!

Jamie

Merrilyn
Thu Jan 26, 2006, 10:37 AM
Don't think they're selling livestock. Plenty of good outlets for them already. It's the hardware and food that I'm interested in.

Will you be able to get the DeBary UV units and any ideas on prices.

APW
Thu Jan 26, 2006, 12:43 PM
The full range of DeBary AquaUV units will be available, stating from approx $300 and going up from there.

At this stage we will only be dealing in dry goods, and equipment.

When do we get a sneek peak at the products and prices.

We are still finalising the nitty gritty details of things, however expect a launch announcement in the next few days.

jim from sydney
Thu Jan 26, 2006, 11:26 PM
Plenty of good outlets for them already. It's the hardware and food that I'm interested in.

maybe in Melb., but Sydney can do with some more competition. good live stock at reasonable prices is hard to find.

Proteus
Thu Jan 26, 2006, 11:52 PM
Jim, I think your comment almost explains iteslf, quality fish.

There are many LFS around Sydney that have reasonable prices, and then there are a few that have the higher quality stock.

I guess if you want the good stuff you have to pay for it (I am only stating this as an example, personally I would love to be able to buy A-Grade fish for C-Grade prices, but sadly that doesnt happen, and supply and demand dictate that).

I am certain that if there is a market for selling livstock online the thought will be entertained, I mean looking at the SLS ad's on here, and that of other private sellers there doesnt seem to be a major hassle in selling fish, or a lack of a market out there.

I am sure the right people will see this, and who knows what may happen...

jim from sydney
Fri Jan 27, 2006, 09:39 PM
Jim, I think your comment almost explains iteslf, quality fish.

There are many LFS around Sydney that have reasonable prices, and then there are a few that have the higher quality stock.

sent pm

Proteus
Fri Jan 27, 2006, 10:14 PM
sent pm

nothing recieved :?

jim from sydney
Sat Jan 28, 2006, 01:49 AM
will send again...Jim

APW
Sat Jan 28, 2006, 08:31 AM
*** ANNOUNCEMENT ***

After all the talk and hype, finally we have some action in regards to launch dates and other details.

On Friday the 17th of February the Online Store will be opened up to the public.

Aside from providing one of the largest inventories of Aquarium related stock in the country, we will also be the exclusive retailer of several niche brands, bringing you products and related items not yet available in the Australian market - more on that closer to the launch date.

Whilst competitive pricing is going to be a major part of our strategy, another large part of the business is to have specialty items in stock or available when you want them, not having them listed and unavailable. We have been very selective over the brands that we will carry, using our own experience in the industry, plus utilising years of customer feedback and comments. At the end of the day we wish to cater for all levels of the fish keeping hobby, whether you have a budget of $100 or $1000.

Launch Promotion

To celebrate the launch of the new online store, we have some special give-aways for you.

All customers who make a $50-$99 purchase between the 17th of February and the 31st of March 2006, will be entered into a draw to win a
AquaOne CF500 Canister Filter valued at $85

All customers who make a $100-$999 purchase between the 17th of February and the 31st of March 2006, will be entered into a draw to win a
AquaOne CF1200 Canister Filter valued at $120

All customers who spend in excess of $1000* between the 17th of February and the 31st of March 2006, will be entered into a draw to win a
AquaOne AR850 Curved Glass Aquarium with cabinet valued in excess of $665
* based on a minimum of 10 customers meeting this criteria

Stay tuned for more information regarding our official name, and the launch of our new logo.

Thank you,

From the APW team

Dee
Sat Jan 28, 2006, 09:55 AM
Great News !

Im looking forward to seeing an online catalogue and maybe placing an order in the not too distant future :D

Cheers,

Dee.

Guppygal
Sat Jan 28, 2006, 10:30 AM
Sounds great.

Might have to check what needs replacing or upgrading :wink:

Merrilyn
Sun Jan 29, 2006, 05:12 AM
Yaaaay can't wait.

piranha-discus
Sun Jan 29, 2006, 12:22 PM
whats the online web site?
it will be nice to see what we can get and order.
ben

APW
Sun Jan 29, 2006, 12:49 PM
whats the online web site?
it will be nice to see what we can get and order.
ben

The website is in the final stages of being prepared and thoroughly tested.

Whilst this is occurring it has been locked down from everyone aside from the technical team.

If there is anything you are specifically after, by all means feel free to mention it here, and if possible we will reply with an idea on price and availability.

jim from sydney
Mon Jan 30, 2006, 04:45 AM
it will be interesting.....i am sure.....Jim

Merrilyn
Mon Jan 30, 2006, 11:03 AM
Welcome to our newest Sponsor - Aquarium Products Wholesale.

We hope you enjoy a very successful time with us here, and I'm sure you'll receive great support from the members of Discus Forums.

Ben
Mon Jan 30, 2006, 11:47 AM
Just a quick question..

Will you guys be selling aquarium plants or will look into selling of real aquarium plants in the future?

11 days to go!

Cheers
ben

APW
Mon Jan 30, 2006, 12:00 PM
Just a quick question..

Will you guys be selling aquarium plants or will look into selling of real aquarium plants in the future?

We will be selling a very wide range of general and specialized aquarium plants.

To ensure they all arrive to you alive and in good health, they will only be shipped out on a Tuesday or Wednesday by same day or overnight courier.

Ben
Mon Jan 30, 2006, 12:03 PM
Awesome!

You had my attention before but now you really have it!

Cheers
Ben

Proteus
Mon Jan 30, 2006, 12:07 PM
Awesome!

You had my attention before but now you really have it!

Cheers
Ben

So I guess nobody has to get naked then???

:shock:

phear
Mon Jan 30, 2006, 12:41 PM
looks like im going on a shopping spree and dont have to leave the comfort of my home and computer hehe sounds great cant wait to c some prices!

Jamie

APW
Mon Jan 30, 2006, 10:06 PM
Some of the many books that will be available online:

The Naked Truth by Andrew Soh

Discus Catalogue by Martin Ng

Penang Discus by Shaifullah Yeng

Malaysia Discus II by the Malaysian Discus Society

Baensch Atlas's

and many more

Noddy65
Tue Jan 31, 2006, 12:28 AM
Are you guys likely to supply DIY gear. I was thinking of T5 ballasts, end caps etc.

Mike :D

Proteus
Tue Jan 31, 2006, 01:22 AM
Mike, are you after any particluar brand? or the stuff that usually comes out of an electrial supplier?

That may help a bit with an answer

Noddy65
Tue Jan 31, 2006, 02:54 AM
No particular brand...55W double T5 ballasts are around $50 - $60 in Aus. Interested to know if these guys can be more competitive?

It would be nice to be able to get everything (ballasts, end caps, tubes etc) from the one stop rather than picking them up from all over the place.

Mike :D

upikabu
Tue Jan 31, 2006, 07:26 AM
Any plans for carrying Python gravel vacs in the future?

Also some aquatic plants and aquascaping books (e.g. Amano's Nature Aquarium series, Diana Waldstadt's Ecology of the Planted Aquarium, Kasselmann's Aquarium Plants, etc.) would be nice.

Looking forward to checking out the new store! :)

APW
Tue Jan 31, 2006, 07:53 AM
Any plans for carrying Python gravel vacs in the future?

I dont believe they are currently available on the Australian market, however, I believe the Lees Gravel Vac is based on the same design (although the tap fittings are compliant with the general size taps we have down here). I will double check things and get back to you on this.

Also some aquatic plants and aquascaping books (e.g. Amano's Nature Aquarium series, Diana Waldstadt's Ecology of the Planted Aquarium, Kasselmann's Aquarium Plants, etc.) would be nice.

Nature Aquarium World I, II, III will all be available

As for the other books, I cant find a supplier at this time, however if there is a demand for them we will look further into obtaining them off-shore.

No particular brand...55W double T5 ballasts are around $50 - $60 in Aus. Interested to know if these guys can be more competitive?

It would be nice to be able to get everything (ballasts, end caps, tubes etc) from the one stop rather than picking them up from all over the place.

We will look into this over the next few days and hopefully have an answer by the weekend. Given some of the T5 products that we will be carrying, it may be just as cost effective to buy a complete unit.

Noddy65
Tue Jan 31, 2006, 08:29 AM
Hopefully youll be carrying the high output T5 (ie 50+ Watt). Ive seen some in the LFS but theyre all lower wattage.
Mike

APW
Tue Jan 31, 2006, 09:02 AM
Hopefully youll be carrying the high output T5 (ie 50+ Watt). Ive seen some in the LFS but theyre all lower wattage.
Mike

We will be carrying or have access to the 54w and 80w T5 systems

Noddy65
Tue Jan 31, 2006, 09:07 AM
Now that IS good news.
Mike

Sime76
Tue Jan 31, 2006, 10:31 AM
ooo yeah some good lighting like the AH Supply retro fit kits would be awsome! I bought 2 kits from them a year ago so will need to source 55w power compact 4 pin linear bulbs soon.

ozarowana
Wed Feb 01, 2006, 12:15 AM
Hydro sponges?

APW
Wed Feb 01, 2006, 01:05 AM
Hydro sponges?

Hydro Sponges 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 should all be available.

APW
Wed Feb 01, 2006, 09:38 AM
Just a quick question, how many people would be interested in items such as "Tropical Fish Hobbyist" magazines?

We could get a limited supply of each edition, and list each one as we recieve it, and leave it in place till we sell the stock we have on hand.

Pricing would be around the $6-$7 mark, which is about 30-40% cheaper than what most Newsagents stock it for.

Ben
Wed Feb 01, 2006, 10:33 AM
Count me in for a copy every month for TFH Mag.

Ben

OscarManAlpha
Wed Feb 01, 2006, 10:47 AM
Just a quick answer,

Me loves magazines about Aquariums : ) TFH and PFK

So count this as a VIEOI ( Very Interested Expression Of Interest )

If there under $10 including postage, and you guy's can get back issues i'll buy the current one and the last four ( TFH ) for starters.

I'll save that in petrol trying to find a newsagent in Sydney near my place that even stocks them !!

Cheers,

Mark

APW
Wed Feb 01, 2006, 10:56 AM
I am going to confirm postage costs tomorrow, however it should not be any more than $2 - $2.50. (based on only purchasing a magazine on no other products, otherwise standard shipping costs will be incurred)

If backorder editions are available, we will certainly get them for you.

What I am considering is getting a certain number of each edition every month, listing it on the online store, and it stays listed until all copies are exhausted, that way if in 3-6 months time if you realise you are missing a copy, or have an accident and damage or lose a favourite edition you should be able to get a replacement in a matter of minutes online.

Obviously this will only be in effect from the launch date (with the exception of special requests such as by OscarManAlpha)

jim from sydney
Thu Feb 02, 2006, 12:18 AM
any prices available yet on standard size tanks???.......Jim

Merrilyn
Thu Feb 02, 2006, 02:55 AM
Counting the days :blob

I want to see that price list :book

APW
Thu Feb 02, 2006, 03:37 AM
any prices available yet on standard size tanks???.......Jim

Due to the nature of trading online, some items such as standard tanks wont be listed as such (although we will be offering complete packaged tanks). However, we will be more than happy to recommend a reputable supplier/manufacturer in your area if we know of one.

APW
Fri Feb 03, 2006, 09:53 AM
Looks like TFH is going to be definate, and we should have editions available at least 2 weeks before the month cover date.

Mark, we are also waiting for an answer regarding Oct, Nov, Dec '05 & Jan '06 edition, however it should not be a problem.

OscarManAlpha
Fri Feb 03, 2006, 10:25 AM
I'm looking forward to my first copy or copies if the back issues are obtainable.

I'd like all the back issues but since its been in publication for over
50 years that would be a bit out of the budget LOL.

Thanks,

Mark

goldenpigeon
Fri Feb 03, 2006, 10:32 AM
if the mag is with postage for about $10 i would like to be down for a copy please :D

APW
Fri Feb 03, 2006, 11:10 AM
if the mag is with postage for about $10 i would like to be down for a copy please :D

It will certainly be less than $10, including postage anywhere in Australia.

goldenpigeon
Fri Feb 03, 2006, 11:32 AM
awesome! will we have to order it off you every month or can we get a subscription off you for say 6 month blocks?

cheers and thanks for your help

rupes88
Fri Feb 03, 2006, 02:01 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked but what sort of billing system will you use for your site ?

APW
Fri Feb 03, 2006, 02:09 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked but what sort of billing system will you use for your site ?

Details are still being finalised, however all member/sign in areas of the website will be SSL encrypted.

Visa, Mastercard and American Express are confirmed, we are also looking at offering Direct Deposit (EFT) as well as accepting Bank Cheques and Money Orders (Goods wont be shipped until the Chq or Money Order is recieved).

All shipped goods will contain an itemised reciept, and once a transaction is finalised all electronic records of the Credit Card will be deleted from the server permanently.

I hope that answers your question.

Merrilyn
Sat Feb 04, 2006, 01:20 AM
I would like to express interest in an order for TFH magazine please.

Good luck with the new venture. Looks like you're doing a wonderful job bringing us the best possible prices.

Looking forward to being able to order.

APW
Sat Feb 04, 2006, 09:45 AM
FYI, Some of you may have noticed the countdown to the launch date has changed.

Originally the launch date was to be the 17th of February 2006 with a pre-launch opening (just to look around) on the 10th of February 2006.

Going forward, the launch date will remain unchanged, however the pre-launch has been cancelled for the time being.

The reason for this change is a move to a much more powerful and secure web server, as well as the opportunity to add hundreds of more products, for which aren't readily available on the internet, let alone in Australia at the moment.

On a positive note, aside from providing a safer environment for you to shop online in, and more products and brands than any other supplier offers, if such works are completed earlier than expected, a pre-launch will go ahead.

Thank you

enigmatic
Mon Feb 06, 2006, 12:08 PM
Hi,

Saw this thread linked from another forum and had to come and join in ;-)

Just wondering if you will be stocking any of the the Rena Filstar XP products?

I'm in the market for an external filter as I'm replacing my hood/lighting. I'd consider one of these if I can get them in Australia and the ongoing maintenance stuff.

Failing that, what sort of prices will you be doing on say an Eheim Professionel 2224 Plus?

Will you stock Glosso?

Thanks and look forward to the grand opening.

APW
Mon Feb 06, 2006, 12:17 PM
Hi,

Saw this thread linked from another forum and had to come and join in ;-)

Just wondering if you will be stocking any of the the Rena Filstar XP products?

I'm in the market for an external filter as I'm replacing my hood/lighting. I'd consider one of these if I can get them in Australia and the ongoing maintenance stuff.

Failing that, what sort of prices will you be doing on say an Eheim Professionel 2224 Plus?

Will you stock Glosso?

Thanks and look forward to the grand opening.

We will be stocking the full Rena XP range.

Eheim Pro 2224's with the Plus pack, around the $260-$270 price range

Glosso is on our stock list, so long as it is available through suppliers (down the track for popular plant items such as Glosso and some others we will be setting up holding tanks so we can ensure we have adequate stock at all times).

I hope that answers your questions.

enigmatic
Tue Feb 07, 2006, 11:15 AM
We will be stocking the full Rena XP range.
Great news. When will you be able to give some prices for these?

Glosso is on our stock list, so long as it is available through suppliers (down the track for popular plant items such as Glosso and some others we will be setting up holding tanks so we can ensure we have adequate stock at all times).

Again, great news. What sort of price will you be charging for Glosso and are you able to say what other plants you may have? Will you be able to get any plants that are not currently available in Australia like Hemianthus Callitrichoides / "Cuba"?

I hope that answers your questions.

It does, but it prompts me to ask others (and check my bank balance). Will you be stocking any of the JBL aquascaping products:

http://www.jbl.de/uk/zube/uk_diverse_art.html

Specifically the CombiFix and AquaTerra Tool P1?

Thanks,

Chris

enigmatic
Tue Feb 07, 2006, 11:21 AM
Oh, and another couple of things. Will you stock CO2 reactors eg JBL or Aqualine?

Thanks,

Chris

APW
Tue Feb 07, 2006, 11:24 AM
Prices for Rena products will be released next week.

If you are after a specific piece of equipment, let us know and we should be able to give you an idea of what price it will be.

Glossostigma elatinoides should be around the $5-6 price range.

We wont be stocking the 2 items that you mentioned as we will be stocking another brand, which I am sure a lot of people will be more than happy to see being available in Australia.

We will have a wide range of C02 products from brands such as JBL, Sera, AquaMedic, and a few others as well.

http://www.ab-aqualine.de/freshwater/en

taksan
Tue Feb 07, 2006, 11:49 AM
Get a account with Seachem ..........

APW
Tue Feb 07, 2006, 11:51 AM
Get a account with Seachem ..........

We already have the entire Seachem range listed

Was there anything specific you were after?

taksan
Tue Feb 07, 2006, 12:13 PM
Well I use practicaly all Seachem products as I find them to be simply the best available. Flourish and Flourish Excel for planted tanks. Prime and netrual regulator for water conditioning and PH. Cichlid Salt for GH and KH and Trace for ...I don't even know what it does anymore :?
The few places I see carrying it don't stock the big sizes like 2 litres and up so If you stock those at a good proce I'm sure I'll buy heaps of it off you.

APW
Tue Feb 07, 2006, 12:22 PM
Well I use practicaly all Seachem products as I find them to be simply the best available. Flourish and Flourish Excel for planted tanks. Prime and netrual regulator for water conditioning and PH. Cichlid Salt for GH and KH and Trace for ...I don't even know what it does anymore :?
The few places I see carrying it don't stock the big sizes like 2 litres and up so If you stock those at a good price I'm sure I'll buy heaps of it off you.

All items you mentioned are already listed, in sizes from 100ml, through to 2L & 4L (4kg) where applicable.

Pricing will be available next week, closer to the launch date

Merrilyn
Tue Feb 07, 2006, 12:26 PM
Counting the days, and looking forward to seeing those prices.

enigmatic
Wed Feb 08, 2006, 07:26 AM
Prices for Rena products will be released next week.

If you are after a specific piece of equipment, let us know and we should be able to give you an idea of what price it will be.

Glossostigma elatinoides should be around the $5-6 price range.

We wont be stocking the 2 items that you mentioned as we will be stocking another brand, which I am sure a lot of people will be more than happy to see being available in Australia.

We will have a wide range of C02 products from brands such as JBL, Sera, AquaMedic, and a few others as well.

http://www.ab-aqualine.de/freshwater/en

Great news. I have to same I'm going to be in serious trouble with the financial controller (wife).

You open the day before my birthday. A shame in some ways as anything that is ordered won't get to me for the 18th. I guess I'll just have to ask the wife for an IOU 8-)

Merrilyn
Wed Feb 08, 2006, 09:22 AM
Will you be stocking the Waterlife range of products?

APW
Wed Feb 08, 2006, 10:54 AM
Will you be stocking the Waterlife range of products?

Yes, Sterazin, Protozin & Myxazin

We have some stock on hand already, after that it comes down to what stock is available as supply levels fluctuate a lot with this brand.

Merrilyn
Wed Feb 08, 2006, 11:21 AM
Great, I need all of them. :P

It's been very hard to find recently.

APW
Thu Feb 09, 2006, 10:54 PM
1 week to go!!!

DarrenJThomas
Fri Feb 10, 2006, 01:54 AM
With all this interest i recon your server will crash as soon as it opens to the public LOL

I wish you the best of luck and am looking forward to purchasing from your on line store

Darren :lol:

APW
Fri Feb 10, 2006, 03:34 AM
With all this interest i recon your server will crash as soon as it opens to the public LOL

I wish you the best of luck and am looking forward to purchasing from your on line store

Darren :lol:

Given the investment that has been placed on obtaining our own equipment (server) I would not be expecting any system crashes, however if it is so busy that things are strained, I have no problem with that :wink:

Thank you for the good wishes.

phear
Fri Feb 10, 2006, 10:03 AM
damn that means im gonna be in the gold coast so ill miss out on the opening day ordering :(
ah well at least the mad rush should be calming down next weekend.

are u stocking bat operated air pumps and electro magnetic air pumps also?

hope so jamie

APW
Fri Feb 10, 2006, 10:35 AM
are u stocking bat operated air pumps and electro magnetic air pumps also?

We will have both Battery operated air pumps and electromagnetic air pumps available (the electromagnetic airpump may be a special order item, I will confirm that early next week)

Ben
Sat Feb 11, 2006, 01:32 AM
7 more sleeps...............

Proteus
Sat Feb 11, 2006, 04:12 AM
Ben, unless I cant count, it is more like 6 sleeps...

:P

Ben
Sat Feb 11, 2006, 09:22 AM
LOL oops, 6 sleeps.

endless
Sun Feb 12, 2006, 12:39 AM
5 more sleeps!!!

Proteus
Mon Feb 13, 2006, 09:14 AM
Make that 4...

lol

APW
Tue Feb 14, 2006, 08:49 AM
With only a couple of days to go prior to the launch, here is an idea of the range of products we will be opening up with.

Some of our featured manufacturers:

API
Aqua Medic
Aqua One
Aquarian
Aquasonic
Arcadia
ATI
Carib-Sea
CPV
DeBary AquaUV
EcoSystem
Eheim
Hagen
HBH
Hi Flow
Hikari
JBL
Kent Marine
Laguna
Mag Float
Omega One
Pondmaster
Red Sea
Rena Air
Rio
Schego
Seachem
Sera
Sfiligoi
Tropic Marin
Tropical Fish Hobbyist
Vortex
Wardley
Waterlife

Plus many more, with new products and brands to be added on a regular basis.

jim from sydney
Tue Feb 14, 2006, 09:38 AM
looks impressive..........can't wait.......Jim

Phenomena
Wed Feb 15, 2006, 01:17 AM
I don't see NLS, will you be stocking it? :(

dreamer
Wed Feb 15, 2006, 01:32 AM
ocean nutrition and cyclops would be good addition

Merrilyn
Wed Feb 15, 2006, 02:35 AM
Credit card ....... get ready to take a beating LMAO

Bluefish
Wed Feb 15, 2006, 03:32 AM
Hey

What time can we get on line to order?

Cheers

Bluefish

jho51e
Wed Feb 15, 2006, 06:35 AM
HI there APW,

will you be stocking ADA?

cheers!

APW
Wed Feb 15, 2006, 12:26 PM
I don't see NLS, will you be stocking it? :(

Given the large amount of products we either have in stock, or already have committed to NLS wont be on the stock list, at this point in time anyway. As things progress we will certainly look into adding it to our range.

ocean nutrition and cyclops would be good addition

Cyclops? are you refering to copepods?

At this stage Ocean Nutrition is not commercially available in Australia, I do know that within the next few months it will be, so watch this space.

Credit card ....... get ready to take a beating

Aside from Credit Cards (Visa, Mastercard & American Express) we will also accept Direct Deposit, Cheques and Money Orders. (goods will be shipped once payment has been processed).

What time can we get on line to order?

We expect to have the site publically available sometime tomorrow evening.

will you be stocking ADA?

YES, we will be the first in Australia to carry the ADA range of products.

Stock is on its way, however we will be taking pre-orders on pretty much the entire ADA range of products and substrates

dreamer
Wed Feb 15, 2006, 12:33 PM
i was refering to cyclop eeze

Proteus
Wed Feb 15, 2006, 12:40 PM
Dreamer, I think you will find that Omega One make a similar food and are also based in the same area (Alaska).

I believe the new store will have the full Omega One range.

APW
Wed Feb 15, 2006, 12:44 PM
i was refering to cyclop eeze

At this stage no we wont have that product, but after reading some of the data it may be something we will look into.

As previously stated, we will have available the entire Omega One range of foods, which is one of the best aquarium/aquaculture foods available on the market worldwide.

Here is a link for more information if you are interested: Omega One (http://www.omegasea.net)

endless
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 12:14 AM
woohoooo .. no more sleeps!!

jho51e
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 12:20 AM
YES, we will be the first in Australia to carry the ADA range of products.

Stock is on its way, however we will be taking pre-orders on pretty much the entire ADA range of products and substrates

YOU ROCK!!!

discus21
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 01:13 AM
how do we get online to see it all

when i try to go online is says restricted area!!!!!

we should be able to see the products even if they do not have
prices yet

please advise
discus21
ps. cannot wait to order from a reputable and quality supplier
not happy with past sponser used tooooo cheap quality

APW
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 04:50 AM
how do we get online to see it all

when i try to go online is says restricted area!!!!!

we should be able to see the products even if they do not have
prices yet

please advise

Everything on the site is locked down whilst the final touches are put in place.

All products are already listed with prices so once the security login is removed it is open access to everyone.

The site should be open within the next couple of hours at the latest, just need to finish loading ADA products plus announce a few launch specials.

APW
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 05:06 AM
Some opening specials. (valid till Friday 17th February 2006 5:00pm AEST)

Eheim Automatic Fish Feeder - $69.95

Eheim 2006 Pick Up Internal Filter - $39.95

Eheim 2008 Pick Up Internal Filter - $42.95

Eheim 2010 Pick Up Internal Filter - $45.95

Eheim Professionel II Filter 2026 - $329.95

Eheim Professionel II Filter 2028 - $449.95

jho51e
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 05:29 AM
any chance of getting an opening special for the Eheim Pro III 2080? :-)

APW
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 07:02 AM
any chance of getting an opening special for the Eheim Pro III 2080? :-)

The price we have set the Pro III at is the cheapest in Australia according to what is listed on all the other online aquatic store websites, so at this stage, no opening special on this unit, sorry. However we will gaurantee that we will try and always have the best quality products at competitive prices.

jimmilfish
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 07:39 AM
is now open

APW
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 07:49 AM
Just an FYI in regards to the ADA product range.

Everything is on its way to Australia as we speak, excluding the Stainless Steel Canister Filters and Solari Lighting Systems (they will be coming later).

Given that there will be only a limited supply of each item, we are accepting pre-orders on all items (i.e. first in best dressed).

Currently, only the Substrates are listed, over the next few hours another 120+ ADA items will be loaded.

Thank you

jho51e
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 08:08 AM
Thanks for that...

Also just wondering, I saw that you have Carib-Sea.. will you also stock EcoComplete?

goldenpigeon
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 08:16 AM
just had another look around!!! looking fantastic!!!

endless
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 08:38 AM
time to do some shopping!!!

APW
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 08:42 AM
I have just recieved some quality feedback that I feel should be shared.

Standard Shipping is from AU$9.00 to anywhere in Australia (refer to the FAQ link at the bottom of every APW page). Any item that is designated as Special Order Item may incur additional charges due to weight or size.

Feel free to ask here about unusual or bulky items and we will be more than happy to provide you with an exact costing.

endless
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 09:14 AM
Ok just finished giving my credit card a beating. How long will it take for me to receive the goods in Melbourne.

APW
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 09:52 AM
Ok just finished giving my credit card a beating. How long will it take for me to receive the goods in Melbourne.

Thanks for the order.

Just looking at the 4 items, I know for sure that 3 of them are ready to pack and send, the other I wont know until the morning till I go through the stock.

You will be updated by email once the order is processed.

If everything is available, you should have everything by Monday at the latest (via Express Courier)

Ben
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 10:58 AM
APW,

i would like to put a small order to start off with.

Do you have these in stock?
If not when will you get them in?

TFH magazine, feb and march, if possible Jan would be good too.

Anubias barteri ''Coffeefolia''

Anubias Paco

I look forward to your reply,

Ben

duck
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 11:07 AM
How much will it cost to send about 6 bags of the Aqua soil Amazonia 9L to WA

APW
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 11:23 AM
Do you have these in stock?
If not when will you get them in?

TFH magazine, feb and march, if possible Jan would be good too.

Anubias barteri ''Coffeefolia''

Anubias Paco

Hi Ben, I wont be able to answer the question regarding the plants till the morning, however we will contact you as soon as availability is known.

TFH Feb & March will be arriving mid to late next week, there was a small bloop on my part as to where they were to be sent to (an address usually helps). We should also be recieving the April edition 2-3 weeks time as well.

APW
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 11:24 AM
How much will it cost to send about 6 bags of the Aqua soil Amazonia 9L to WA

We will contact you regarding this.

Thanks APW

enigmatic
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 12:08 PM
A great looking site - congratulations.

I'm going through adding to my cart. Can't decide between a Rena XP2 and and Eheim Professionel II Filter 2026. What is the lead/shipping time on these as they are both special order?

I need to complete my order ASAP as it is my birthday on Sat ;-)

Cheers and best of luck!

Chris

enigmatic
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 12:16 PM
I guess I should also ask about whether you will be stocking filter media for the XP2 as well. I can see prices for the Ehiem model but nothing for the XP2.

Cheers,

Chris

APW
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 12:22 PM
Can't decide between a Rena XP2 and and Eheim Professionel II Filter 2026. What is the lead/shipping time on these as they are both special order?

The XP2 would need to be ordered which would mean you will recieve it late next week.

The Pro II 2026 is in stock, and it is one of the launch special items which has had its price reduced for tonight and tomorrow only. If you went ahead with this unit depending on where you are you should have it by Monday. (If you are in Sydney, please let us know and other arrangements may be able to be made so you have it for your special day).

I guess I should also ask about whether you will be stocking filter media for the XP2 as well. I can see prices for the Ehiem model but nothing for the XP2.

Yes we will, at this stage we havent had an opportunity to load all the stock items and accessories. They will be coming soon.

OscarManAlpha
Thu Feb 16, 2006, 01:04 PM
G'day enigmatic,

I have the Eheim 2026. Have had it for about 3 years and paid double that price.

I use it on a 350 liter tank and even though I paid twice the money for it,
I love it : ).

The tank is next to my bed and it never makes a sound.

Wish I was setting up another tank now !!

If you do get it, it will last you for many many birthdays to come.

Cheers,

Mark

APW
Fri Feb 17, 2006, 04:40 AM
All orders recieved over the past 21 hours have either been shipped, are being processed (those that took the Direct Deposit option) or notification has been sent if we are waiting on a stock item. Plus, someone who is celebrating there Birthday tomorrow will have there order personally delivered.

Firstly I must say thank you to all who have supported us on our opening day, and secondly, keep you eyes and ears open as we will always be having 24hr and weekly sales on a variety of products and brands.

Thank you

APW
Fri Feb 17, 2006, 07:27 AM
Apologies are in order for the tardiness in placing all the ADA product on the site.

The past 24 hours has been very busy to say the least, however, every effort will be placed on getting all remaining items listed tonight.

As it stands, most if not all the Substrates are loaded and visible.

enigmatic
Fri Feb 17, 2006, 10:50 AM
G'day enigmatic,

I have the Eheim 2026. Have had it for about 3 years and paid double that price.

I use it on a 350 liter tank and even though I paid twice the money for it,
I love it : ).

The tank is next to my bed and it never makes a sound.

Wish I was setting up another tank now !!

If you do get it, it will last you for many many birthdays to come.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I've gone with the Eheim and thanks to the great service, I'm all set to get it for my birthday.

About to head over and have a look at http://www.aquaticgardensaustralia.com/ now as I've not been there yet and I like my planted tanks.

Cheers,

Chris

enigmatic
Fri Feb 17, 2006, 10:52 AM
All orders recieved over the past 21 hours have either been shipped, are being processed (those that took the Direct Deposit option) or notification has been sent if we are waiting on a stock item. Plus, someone who is celebrating there Birthday tomorrow will have there order personally delivered.

Firstly I must say thank you to all who have supported us on our opening day, and secondly, keep you eyes and ears open as we will always be having 24hr and weekly sales on a variety of products and brands.

Thank you

The service has been great so far and I'm sure I'll be back as a customer. Looking forward to tomorrow ;-)

Cheers,

Chris

enigmatic
Fri Feb 17, 2006, 10:54 AM
Apologies are in order for the tardiness in placing all the ADA product on the site.

The past 24 hours has been very busy to say the least, however, every effort will be placed on getting all remaining items listed tonight.

As it stands, most if not all the Substrates are loaded and visible.

I'd be very keen to see the prices of the ADA CO2 stuff. Very interested in the pollen glass/beetle although not sure if I can afford it ;-)

Chris

APW
Fri Feb 17, 2006, 12:34 PM
I'd be very keen to see the prices of the ADA CO2 stuff. Very interested in the pollen glass/beetle although not sure if I can afford it ;-)

Chris

About to start loading the C02 equipment now :wink:

discusmaster
Sat Feb 18, 2006, 11:29 AM
ok, curiousity got the better of me.

order placed - just the essentials

WOW+++ how user friendly is the whole process, and for those of us that dont have credit cards, it couldnt have been easier.

as soon as the order was in a confirmation email was waiting, then a couple of hours later a personal email saying that my order was to be processed and sent first thing on Monday for Monday afternoon, Tuesday Morning delivery.

well done guys (or gals)

:D

enigmatic
Sat Feb 18, 2006, 11:45 AM
I have to say I am extremely impressed with what I've seen. I am most grateful for the personal service I got to deliver my new Eheim filter on my birthday - its not like Proteus hasn't got enough on his plate already :lol:

I have moved away from using the LFS for anything but fish and even then, I ended up trying different stores as there just isn't any quality of service. This site is very well designed and put together, the prices are good and there are new products that most LFS haven't even heard of.

For me though, service and attention to detail are what really make a difference and this store seems to have it in spades. If you can keep this up, I think you should get a lot of business.

Once again, good luck and you'll have another order from me for sure (just don't tell the wife :o )

Chris

Proteus
Sat Feb 18, 2006, 11:50 AM
Glad I could help out and ensure you got your new filter and plants a.s.a.p.

:)

APW
Sat Feb 18, 2006, 09:40 PM
Just a quick message to let you know that we now stock the AquaLog range of books (being loaded at the moment).

We also have limited numbers of the AquaJournal English editions on their way. They will be sold as a set only due to the numbers in which they will be available.

Ben
Sun Feb 19, 2006, 11:14 PM
APW,

as soon as the TFH magazines come in please let me know under this thread.

cheers
Ben

APW
Sun Feb 19, 2006, 11:19 PM
APW,

as soon as the TFH magazines come in please let me know under this thread.

cheers
Ben

Will do, hopefully they will be here in the next few days. (they were despatched from the U.S. last Wed/Thurs)

Apologies for the delay

taksan
Mon Feb 20, 2006, 02:53 AM
You got the ADA substrates in stock?

Proteus
Mon Feb 20, 2006, 03:24 AM
...as per FAQ section on the APW website

Aqua Design Amano product line

Currently we are only taking Pre-Orders for all ADA stock items.

All ADA products that are listed are in transit, so to ensure you don't miss out on the first shipment, orders will be taken in the order in which they are received.

APW
Mon Feb 20, 2006, 04:04 AM
As per previous.

Orders ae being taken as they are received, no transactions are being processed or charges made until we have a firm landing date of the products.

As it stands, some of the Aqua Soil lines will more than likely be fully reserved prior to their arrival.

As we get more details on arrival dates, and what is still available, we will pass this on immediately.

Any item which is fully reserved will be indicated on the APW site as it will be listed but be unable to be purchased ("This item is out of stock.")

Sime76
Mon Feb 20, 2006, 04:37 AM
Hey APW, thumbs up for a top new site!

I put an order through at 11:30am for a couple of plants and a couple of other things. I was curious if I made the cut off for plant orders today?

Cheers
Simon

APW
Mon Feb 20, 2006, 04:46 AM
Hey APW, thumbs up for a top new site!

I put an order through at 11:30am for a couple of plants and a couple of other things. I was curious if I made the cut off for plant orders today?

Cheers
Simon

All items will be despatched tomorrow as per order.

APW
Mon Feb 20, 2006, 12:01 PM
Current Specials

JBL Micromec (http://www.aquariumproductswholesale.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=5)

http://www.aquariumproductswholesale.com/images/micromec.jpg

Usually $29.95, now $19.95

White Intensive Biofilter Pellets for all aquariums. With ideal 1500 m2/l colonisation surface for millions of beneficial bacteria.

JBL MicroMec is a highly porous bio filter material made from sintered glass which allows the efficient biological breakdown of pollutants. It is therefore particularly good for intensive biological long-term filtering in freshwater and marine aquariums. The special conical tunnel pore structure provides beneficial cleansing micro-organisms with the best possible conditions for colonisation. Compared to rings, the greater material thickness of the irregular pellets allows different bacteria to colonise the filter in layers. Ammonium and nitrite are efficiently broken down in the outer layers, whilst the optimum conditions for the bacterial breakdown of nitrate are created in the inner section. The optimum bulk density is extremely effective even in small filters

Aqua One CF1200 Canister Filter (http://www.aquariumproductswholesale.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=497)

http://www.aquariumproductswholesale.com/images/cf1200.gif

Usually $149.95, now $119.95

The Aqua One External Filter range uses a multi-stage approach to filteration splitting a various formats of filter media into easy to access modules.

Features:
• Water turnover: 1200l/hr
• Filter media capacity: 7.5 litres in 3 baskets
• Media included: mini bioballs, ceramic noodles, coarse bio-sponge, fine poly pad
• Max distance below water level: 1.8m
• Filter dimensions: 22.5cm x 22.5cm x 50cm including taps
• Impellor Shaft: Ceramic
• For tanks up to 500 litres

Discus Catalogue (by Martin Ng) (http://www.aquariumproductswholesale.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=636)

http://www.aquariumproductswholesale.com/images/catalog.jpg

Usually $110.00, now $75.00

This catalogue provides the latest information on Discus varieties. It has also categorized the varieties based on their characteristics with explanations on how some of the varieties are created.

This book is well illustrated with over 600 color photos on most of the different colour patterns and varieties.

To make sure that this catalogue continues to serve Discus enthusiasts as a timeless and comprehensive guide, it is published in ring bound form so that new information can be added-on from time to time.

With 160 pages and a fold poster, this book is a must for serious breeders, dealers, and hobbyists alike!

APW
Tue Feb 21, 2006, 10:04 PM
Just an FYI, over the next hour some of the Plant care section will be unavailable as new categories are set up to make searching for items a lot easier (Fertilizers especially).

APW
Tue Feb 21, 2006, 11:49 PM
All Plant fertilzers relocated to their new homes.

Finding the product you want is now just that little bit easier.

enigmatic
Wed Feb 22, 2006, 07:53 AM
Hi,

Just wondering if you will sell any type of PMDD solution and especially the Plantex CSM like at http://www.gregwatson.com/PMDDStoreInfo.htm?

Thanks,

Chris

APW
Wed Feb 22, 2006, 10:08 AM
Hi,

Just wondering if you will sell any type of PMDD solution and especially the Plantex CSM like at http://www.gregwatson.com/PMDDStoreInfo.htm?

Thanks,

Chris

As much as we know people use PMDD, I will use a quote from one of the most recognised figures in the Planted tank scene worldwide, Tom Barr.

"No chemistry lesson is needed at all; you can make cereal right? Add enough cereal to fill the bowl, add 2 cups of milk, 2 teaspoons of sugar.

Or I can say add 250 grams of endospermous carbohydrates and 9.5 grams of sucrose to 450mls of bovine lactate exudate."

We want to try and make keeping beautiful tanks simple, so it can be enjoyed. No chemistry lesson required like in mixing PMDD. Just one cap of your favourite complete fertilizer to... xx Litres, done.

There are also legal issues, in regards to some of the ingredients used to make some forms of PMDD.

refer: http://www.nrm.qld.gov.au/mines/explosives/pdf/nitrate_fert_guide.pdf

From 30 June 2005, a license will be required to manufacture, import, store, sell, transport or use SSAN. Cal-Am and a number of Nitram and Cal-Am blends are classified as SSAN. Separate
Guidance Notes are available of the transport and storage of SSAN products.

Diligence is also required with some other fertilisers.

Merrilyn
Thu Feb 23, 2006, 02:08 AM
Just received my order yesterday. Thankyou APW for the super prompt delivery. The plants are fantastic, and much bigger than I had imagined.

Fantastic service and fantastic products.

I'll be ordering again. :P

APW
Thu Feb 23, 2006, 06:53 AM
Just received my order yesterday. Thankyou APW for the super prompt delivery. The plants are fantastic, and much bigger than I had imagined.

Thank you.

Ben
Thu Feb 23, 2006, 11:15 AM
Any update on the TFH magazines?

Cheers
Ben

APW
Thu Feb 23, 2006, 11:19 AM
Any update on the TFH magazines?

Cheers
Ben

Checking the mail everyday.

I was hoping by today at the latest, fingers crossed it wont be long. Bear in mind it isnt a couple of magazines that are in transit, it is quite a large bundle/package.

Ben
Thu Feb 23, 2006, 11:35 AM
Please keep me posted when they arrive at your end!

I need some bed time reading!

Also on the subject of TFH magazines, which monthly editions will you be getting?

Cheers
Ben

APW
Thu Feb 23, 2006, 11:39 AM
Please keep me posted when they arrive at your end!

I need some bed time reading!

Also on the subject of TFH magazines, which monthly editions will you be getting?

Cheers
Ben

Every month starting from now (Feb 2006)

We have requested some back order copies (last 5-6 months) but wont know what we have got until the package arrives.

taksan
Thu Feb 23, 2006, 12:03 PM

Plants?
I can see I'll have to save you from yourself ....again
8-)

Proteus
Thu Feb 23, 2006, 12:08 PM
Looks like Red is going Green... lol

Dee
Sat Feb 25, 2006, 01:55 AM
A big thanks to the APW team for extremly prompt shipping and great customer service :)

I'm very happy with my DeBary AN11E and Eheim Compact pump I bought from APW.

Looking forward to future purchases :thumb

Cheers,

Dee :)

Merrilyn
Sat Feb 25, 2006, 01:59 AM
Taksan, you're too late. I've already put in another big plant order :roll:

Seriously, these are way better than anything I have seen locally, and the prices are excellent :P

APW
Sat Feb 25, 2006, 02:09 AM
Thank you for the compliments.

The majority of orders have been sent out on the same or next day, with a couple that required special orders to be completed sent out soon after.

There are a couple of outstanding orders due to hold ups with suppliers, however everyone has been notified where things stand.

The feedback, both here and via e-mail has been very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Sime76
Sat Feb 25, 2006, 06:26 AM
hey LR ,

What plants did you get?

APW
Sun Feb 26, 2006, 12:28 AM
Just a reminder if anyone is interested in ordering plants this week, orders must be received by 11.00am AEST Monday morning.

taksan
Mon Feb 27, 2006, 01:02 PM
Got the books today and they are excellent .... substrates to follow I guess. :D

Merrilyn
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 08:34 AM
Just got my second delivery :D thanks.

DeBary UVs, breeding cones and some of the biggest and healthiest looking plants I have ever seen. Well done APW on your excellent quality and prompt delivery :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Liverpool_pete
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 11:10 AM
In the begining there was mention of a shopfrout in sydney has that happened and if so what is the location???

Many thanks
Peter

APW
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 11:23 AM
In the begining there was mention of a shopfrout in sydney has that happened and if so what is the location???

Many thanks
Peter

At this point in time, all business relating to the online store, is to be kept as online only.

We are more than happy to answer questions and help in any way possible, and we have plenty of customers who can verify the level of service and product that we provide.

We are 100% owned by an existing Aquarium business which does provide a shopfront, however as stated previously, all online matters are kept as is, online. This way we can pass maximum savings onto our customers.

Down the track there may be a physical point of pressence where large/bulky items can be collected from, but given that we are set up in a warehouse type environment, we wont be able to function as a normal store.

Merrilyn
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 12:03 PM
Hey, if you open up a shop, does that mean the overheads will go up, and the prices will go up in turn ??????

Then I'm happy if you never open a shop.

Online shops can offer the best prices because of low overheads. I don't want to visit a pretty shop. I just want the stuff as cheap as I can get it.

Have you checked out the prices of those Seachem products. Geesh now I gotta give the card another belting.. :roll:

Dee
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 12:07 PM
Hello APW Team,

Im interested in the TFH mags mentioned earlier in this post, I just wanted to check thier status prior to placing another small order :D

Thanks for your time !

Cheers,

APW
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 12:08 PM
Our aim is to keep prices as low as possible.

Being that we have only been operating online for just on 2 weeks, there are a lot of things ahead of us, and we will tackle them as we move forward.

Rest assured, we are here for the long haul.

APW
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 12:12 PM
Hello APW Team,

Im interested in the TFH mags mentioned earlier in this post, I just wanted to check thier status prior to placing another small order :D

Thanks for your time !

Cheers,

Dee, although they are visible, they are still listed as an out of stock item. (if you look at the actual listing, you can't purchase them).

There were a few hiccups with the shipment, however I can confirm that not only are the February and March editions due to arrive any day now, the April editions were sent out early this week, and we hope we will have them in 2-3 weeks (due to the large size of the package it takes a little longer than usual - even by air mail).

Once we have any of the TFH magazines, announcements will be made on all the forums.

Dee
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 12:15 PM
Hello,

Thank you for the info, much appreciated. Will keep an eye out for when they arrive.

Thanks again !

Cheers,

MangoR34
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 02:03 PM
Any discounts for forum members? :P

Im thinking of ordering lots of Hokari Koi food :D

APW
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 02:06 PM
If you send an email to sales@aquariumproductswholesale.com stating what you are after and in what quantities, we should be able to work something out for you.

We may also be able to establish a discount for Koi Association members as well if you are interested.

MangoR34
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 02:22 PM
Nice, I will send you an email about it :D

MangoR34
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 03:09 PM
Plus discounts on bulk plant purchases and frozen foods.

Just wondering what types of frozen foods you have for sale? Also how do you send them?

Regards
Mango

APW
Fri Mar 03, 2006, 11:10 PM
Just wondering what types of frozen foods you have for sale? Also how do you send them?

Regards
Mango

Frozen foods havent been added yet.

It may be some time before we load them onto the site as we would need to acquire additional freezing units to store stock in.

Sending is quite simple. Dry ice packs and/or special insulated foam boxes.

MangoR34
Sat Mar 04, 2006, 07:33 AM
APW, Ive sent you an email, can you please reply to me asap? :P

APW
Sat Mar 04, 2006, 07:43 AM
APW, Ive sent you an email, can you please reply to me asap? :P

You have mail.

Thank you

APW
Mon Mar 06, 2006, 11:30 AM
Just an FYI, we are in the process of simplifying the pricing structure on the APW website.

Going forward, all items will be standard priced, not on sale. (Unless they are on sale of course)

What this means, is our everyday normal price, is our reduced sale price.

So far the Plant fertilizer section has been completed, and aside from the changes just mentioned, many prices have been reduced even further, in particular the Red Sea and Sera range of products.

APW
Thu Mar 09, 2006, 12:11 PM
Just a reminder:

Launch Promotion

To celebrate the launch of the new online store, we have some special give-aways for you.

All customers who make a $50-$99 purchase between the 17th of February and the 31st of March 2006, will be entered into a draw to win a

All customers who make a $100-$999 purchase between the 17th of February and the 31st of March 2006, will be entered into a draw to win a

All customers who spend in excess of $1000* between the 17th of February and the 31st of March 2006, will be entered into a draw to win a

enigmatic
Fri Mar 10, 2006, 08:24 AM
hi,

Just wondering what the schedule is for adding compact fluorescent tubes to your site is? I've got some tubes for now but might be looking to get others in a few weeks time.

Cheers,

Chris

Davo
Fri Mar 10, 2006, 10:15 AM
Do you stock Carib-Sea Eco Complete in the 18.4kg bags? If you do how much is it?

Also will you be able to source a 55W CF tube made by GE. It is the GE 9325K tube.

The description is -

F55BX/AR/FS GE 55 WATT 4800 LUMEN 9325K 67 CRI 20.70 INCH FRESH SALTWATER.

This tube is not available over here. It is apparently one of the best if not the best planted tank 55w tube available.

Thanks,
Dave.

APW
Fri Mar 10, 2006, 09:09 PM
Just wondering what the schedule is for adding compact fluorescent tubes to your site is? I've got some tubes for now but might be looking to get others in a few weeks time.

Power Compacts will be added mid-way through next week.

Do you stock Carib-Sea Eco Complete in the 18.4kg bags? If you do how much is it?

Not as yet, if there is a demand for this at a reasonable price we will certainly look at adding it to list. As it stands we already have the Seachem range of substrates, the Red Sea/Dupla range (which is one of the best sources of true laterite in a substrate) plus of course the ADA range which is en-route to Australia right now.

Also will you be able to source a 55W CF tube made by GE. It is the GE 9325K tube

We will look into the availability of this item

Lucifer
Sun Mar 12, 2006, 09:58 AM
I would like to bulk buy some plants
Do you have a start package, Med. package or large package plants?
I try PM you but I cant, Admins locked me out!

APW
Sun Mar 12, 2006, 10:04 AM
If you add a list here or send an email to sales@aquariumproductswholesale.com we will see what we can do.

As it stands most plants have already been discounted heavily and can't be found cheaper anywhere else online, however we are more than happy to look at individual requests.

As for sending a PM, you will probably find because our Inbox was full no messages could be sent, that should be fixed now.

In regards to plant orders, if an order is in by 11.00am Monday, you should have your plants within 24-48hrs. (Monday 11.00am AEST is the weekly cut-off for plant orders).

Merrilyn
Mon Mar 13, 2006, 01:41 AM
Thanks APW. Best looking plants I've ever seen, and I agree, the price was the lowest around. :P

APW
Tue Mar 14, 2006, 10:23 AM

Triphosphor, Bio-Lux & Marine Blue Compact PL tubes now online.

They can be found HERE! (http://www.aquariumproductswholesale.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=84)

Combo/Mix PL Lamps will be loaded tomorrow morning (Triphosphor/Bio-Lux & Triphosphor/Marine Blue)

APW
Tue Mar 14, 2006, 10:25 AM
Thanks APW. Best looking plants I've ever seen, and I agree, the price was the lowest around. :P

Thank you, glad you are happy with your new plants (btw, those Amazon Swords were huge)

OscarManAlpha
Wed Mar 15, 2006, 05:41 AM
Well I just received my order from APW.

After much pondering I added three books to my collection.

Here is a photo shot of them.

With the money I saved on the books I bought some Prime and plant fertilizers and food.

Well I can't write too much now as I am very absorbed in the books at the moment.

Thanks APW I plan to order some more books soon.

I don't know if it's just me or others feel the same way, but often books as rare as this get flicked through by many until they are sold, not only was the price lower the books are in mint condition.

BTW I have done a brief review here is the link.

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=52294#52294

Cheers,

Mark

APW
Wed Mar 15, 2006, 05:50 AM
I don't know if it's just me or others feel the same way, but often books as rare as this get flicked through by many until they are sold, not only was the price lower the books are in mint condition.

Thank you for the compliment Mark.

We know exactly how you feel, paying good money for a quality book, only to have the edges and corners a little tattered from people skimming over the pages, not a good look at all.

All books we sell are either pre-shrink wrapped, or wrapped in plastic by us, they have never been opened and are kept in mint condition.

btw, who needs to go to the Gym when you have one of those Axelrod books, they have some weight on them for sure.

OscarManAlpha
Wed Mar 15, 2006, 06:07 AM
btw, who needs to go to the Gym when you have one of those Axelrod books, they have some weight on them for sure.

Well I way 78kg without the book and 82kg with so that's 4kg :lol:

APW
Thu Mar 16, 2006, 08:02 AM
ATTN ALL DISCUS FORUMS MEMBERS

DISCOUNT EXPIRED

This offer is valid till 6.00pm AEST Friday the 17th of March.

ellwa
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 01:35 AM
Made my second purchae yesterday, got my UV-C in and running.. lets see how long it takes to get happening.. I think I need to clean my hoses, too... :oops:

Nothing but good things to say. fantastic work guys, really happy with the service, and the plants are just to die for!

thankyou!

Sime76
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 02:05 AM

Triphosphor, Bio-Lux & Marine Blue Compact PL tubes now online.

They can be found HERE! (http://www.aquariumproductswholesale.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=84)

Combo/Mix PL Lamps will be loaded tomorrow morning (Triphosphor/Bio-Lux & Triphosphor/Marine Blue)

How about these type of PC lights 24/36/55W Power Compacts?

http://www.reefculture.com.au/catalog/images/PC%20Lamp.jpg

APW
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 09:39 AM
Made my second purchase yesterday, got my UV-C in and running.. lets see how long it takes to get happening.. I think I need to clean my hoses, too... :oops:

Nothing but good things to say. fantastic work guys, really happy with the service, and the plants are just to die for!

thankyou!

Wow, that was quick. The UV only left our warehouse at 4.30pm yesterday.

Thanks for the kind words.

APW
Tue Mar 21, 2006, 09:40 AM
How about these type of PC lights 24/36/55W Power Compacts?

http://www.reefculture.com.au/catalog/images/PC%20Lamp.jpg

I will check and hopefully have an answer for you tomorrow. I know we can get them, just need to check pricing and availability.

APW
Fri Mar 24, 2006, 11:03 AM
Price Match Gaurantee

Going forward, if you find any aquarium product priced less than what we have listed on the AquariumProductsWholesale.com (http://www.aquariumproductswholesale.com) website, we will match it.

Conditions:

a) Competitor must be a registered business/company
b) Price confirmation must be publically available (i.e. catalogue, website, newspaper/magazine listing)
c) Product must be identical (brand, size, features)
d) No product will be sold below listed cost price

If you do find a cheaper priced product, let us know at sales@aquariumproductswholesale.com

Thank you

APW
Sat Mar 25, 2006, 10:51 AM
High quality testing units now listed.

Hannah PH-EC-TDS-Temp Tester - $349.95 (http://www.aquariumproductswholesale.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1575)

Ben
Sat Mar 25, 2006, 10:59 AM
What an awesome piece of equipment APW!

Might have to put that one on the "To buy ASAP list!"

Also its great to see when new products are added!

Please keep us all posted as new products arrive!

Cheers
Ben

APW
Sun Mar 26, 2006, 06:22 AM
UPDATE:

The entire range of Fluval Canister Filters have had there prices slashed to the lowest in the country.

also, don't miss the Live Plant cutoff for weekly orders at 11.00am tomorrow morning.

catfish man
Mon Mar 27, 2006, 04:13 AM

Cheers

Catfish man

We will certainly have a direct retail presence as well (i.e. shopfront).

That is why we will be able to offer some products that other online retailers are unable to obtain.

Hi I would liek to visit your retail outlet in sydney could you please supply the address

Cheers

APW
Mon Mar 27, 2006, 05:41 AM
Hi I would liek to visit your retail outlet in sydney could you please supply the address

Cheers

As has been mentioned several times already in this thread (most recently on page 9 or 10) all business conducted online stays online. If you wish to come into a shop, you will have to pay retail shop prices.

Most online stores enforce the same rule.

Is there something specific you were after?

catfish man
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 01:47 AM
Thats ok I like on the weekend to drive around and do some impulse buying
do you have fish also at your store

understand about what you say about the pricing net being cheaper
however I would like to look at things before I buy

Cheers

Merrilyn
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 09:54 AM
Catfishman, I think this has already been answered. This is an "online store". In other words you purchase the goods "online". There is no store to visit at this stage, as has already been explained.

Same as you, I like to drive around and visit shops and pick out stuff I'd like to own. Then I come back and shop online to get the best possible prices :wink:

I've just purchased two Eheim filters from APW and two DeBary UV units because they had the best prices. No other reason.

While they have the best prices, I'll continue to shop with them. And I might add, the service was terrific, and the order was shipped promptly.

A big thumbs up from me APW :thumb

catfish man
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 10:05 AM
Hi LadyRed

Sorry if I have offended you or the sponsor

However I asked If they have a retail store for two reasons

1) as I stated in a previous post the the distributor of Eheim in australia will only deal with people if they have a shop front
So I quess if that is the case which it is that the eheim on offer is a imported product that may not carry warranty ?????

2) they have a store which I was hoping was slippery little suckers as I have been told as I am heading that way on the weekend

cheers

Merrilyn
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 10:31 AM
Naaaaaah no offence taken catfishman.

Just trying to explain how 'online' stores work.

I get my fishy stuff from several online stores. :lol:

taksan
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 11:05 AM
understand about what you say about the pricing net being cheaper
however I would like to look at things before I buy

Cheers

Yeah I understand and couldn't agree with you more about looking at things before I buy and its even more important on the internet. I found a bizzare website the other day that was asking for $150 to join up so you could look at their breeding data on catfish pretty strange considering they provided absolutely nothing at all about what was inside.

The internet is a strange place full of scammers but having dealt with APW I can assure you its safe to say they ain't one of them.

APW
Tue Mar 28, 2006, 11:09 AM
To all concerned,

Aquarium Products Wholesale ONLY sells Australian Bought Products. All Products come with FULL Manufacturers Warranty.

In the case where you may have any warrantable item, the item will be replaced / repaired as per instructions from the Australian distributors and wholesalers of those brand names and products.

In relation to certain Australian Distributors policies to ONLY sell to Reatil Stores / Shop fronts, this is true and correct. APW is associated with a Retail Store. We are not at liberty to disclose to whom we are associated.

We are sure many of you have heard feedback in relation to APW products and service, all of which has been extremely positive. APW aims to supply to the hobbyist the best of products and service.

We thankyou for all your support, and APW will continue to deliver the highest standard of customer service available on-line.

Kind Regards,
APW Sales Team.

P.S. APW asks that for all future correspondance and enquires in relation to products, sales, and service, be sent in the form of e-mail directly to APW.

APW
Wed Apr 12, 2006, 11:02 AM
Launch Promotion

Stay tuned for an announcement over the Easter weekend who the lucky recipients of these great prizes are.