PDA

View Full Version : post your pigeon blood discus

Mattzilla
Sat Jan 07, 2006, 05:29 AM
i have a huge soft spot for pigeon blood discus. alway have always will.

i am lucky enough to have 2 very nice pairs at the moment (not breeding....yet) and would like to share a couple of quick snaps i just took.

so i was thinking that this thread could be the place to show off your favourite pb discus.

cheers, looking forward to see your pbs!!

matt

Mattzilla
Sat Jan 07, 2006, 05:32 AM
the first pair are a young pair that i think are from the same spawn. she lays eggs every few weeks. if she lays with him he always eats them. but she has been know to pair with with other females more often than not.

the bigger pair are obviously not from the same spawn and i think are both stunning in many ways. the female has the full white pattern and is about 6"+. the male has the partial pattern and is a 7"+ monster. they clean every single pipe and surface in the tank all day everyday, but have not spawn a single time yet. i thik they need privacy....which i am working on.

i will hopefully have a breeding ank for both pairs some time very soon

cheers
matt

Lichan
Sat Jan 07, 2006, 06:07 AM
Beautiful Discus Matt, I dont have any PB's but really like the look of them, especially the first pair in your pics. Might have to try and find some for sale at a reasonable price . Wouldnt mind adding some to one of my tanks.

oscar
Sat Jan 07, 2006, 07:05 AM
Here's my contribution...different colour scheme, but a pigeon nonetheless.

I also have a soft spot for pigeon discus.

Mattzilla
Sat Jan 07, 2006, 07:38 AM
very nice pattern

Mulisha
Sat Jan 07, 2006, 08:36 AM
Awersome PB'S Matt and btw very round dhape of that last photo of your fish it's very round looks great :D

And how did u get your fish to grow so large 100% everyday and like 6 feeds a day or something?

Can't wait to see more pics :lol:

Mattzilla
Sat Jan 07, 2006, 10:05 AM
the larger pair i bought that size so i can't take the credit.

i do a 40% w/c every day and feed about 6-8 small feedings per day.... feedings consist of frozen hikari blood worms and brine shrimp, colourbits, beefheart and spirulina wafers

thanks for the kind words

oscar
Sat Jan 07, 2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks Mattzilla.

I would have to say the same of your. especially the top photo.

rupes88
Sat Jan 07, 2006, 12:08 PM
Hi

I'm just trying to get my head around all the different varieties of discus out there and how they are defined. That leads me to my question, what defines a Pigeon Blood ?

They are a stunning couple though ~

Rupes88

rupes88
Sat Jan 07, 2006, 12:13 PM
Hey Mattzilla

By any chance are you a fan of the Tarantino movie True Romance....?

Ben
Sat Jan 07, 2006, 12:18 PM
Matty, you PB's are awesome mate!

Well done bud.

Start breeding them and you will be laughing all the way to the bank!

Cheers
Ben

sammigold
Sat Jan 07, 2006, 12:21 PM
here is mine..... hope you like... his colour doesnt show up that well in the photos... the orange is quite orange but not red/orange, more orange like a fanta orange... :lol:

Mattzilla
Sat Jan 07, 2006, 01:23 PM
rupes....what the????? are you talking about?

i am really amazed that most people are saying they like the first pair the most. they are quiet common and to be honest with you are nowhere near as high quality as the second pair. i guess the photography may have something to do with it. i guess they have to be seen in person to get the real beauty.

cheers again guys and girls for the comments

Mattzilla
Sat Jan 07, 2006, 01:24 PM
and to make things funnier, i had the top pair for sale not long ago at an extremely good price and no-one wanted them.....lol

rupes88
Sat Jan 07, 2006, 10:18 PM
Hi there Mattzilla

Regarding the movie reference.......just to explain....

I was picking up on your initial line ' I've always had a soft spot for Pigeon Bloods. Always have always will' ... don't know if you have seen it but its almost exactly like a classic line from Tarantinos break through movie True Romance.

The lead character 'Clarence' (Christian Slater) is haunted by dreams of Elvis (Val Kilmer). And at the end of each dream squenece Elvis says to him...

'I've always liked you Clarence, always have always will'

Anyway sorry for sounding like a complete movie nerd but I thought you were quoting from the film... its one of my fav films.....check it out one day.....

AND BACK TO THE FISH........ :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Mattzilla
Sat Jan 07, 2006, 11:53 PM
lol..thanks for clearing that up

oscar
Sun Jan 08, 2006, 03:29 AM
Mattzilla,

rupes....what the????? are you talking about?

i am really amazed that most people are saying they like the first pair the most. they are quiet common and to be honest with you are nowhere near as high quality as the second pair.

Be that as it may. Although the second pair displayed are obviously fine fish in all regards, I just have a personal preference for the more balanced distribution of the two colours on the firts pair as opposed to a domination by one colour. Also, i'm generally not taken by partial patterned fish, but that's just me. :ug

I must have missed your ad for the first pair for sale, because i would have certainly considered. As much i would love to take some people up on their offers on this forum, i live in a challenging location especially when most are pick-up only. :(

By no way meant to offend :oops: . Just horses for courses you know. That's the beauty of discs keeping...there is so much variety on offer that there really is something for everyone. :thumb

dswwong
Sun Jan 08, 2006, 03:56 AM
I like to share with u guys my two pigeons....

Both are about 2 years old now but have not shown any interest in opposite sex thus far.

Lichan
Sun Jan 08, 2006, 05:36 AM
DSWWONG the fish in the second picture is beautiful - very nice.

oscar
Sun Jan 08, 2006, 08:17 AM
I might qualify my previous statement.

I do indeed like partial pattern fish in the vain of the pearl syle pattern in dswongs 1st pic (i oibviously prefer them without peppering.).

Merrilyn
Mon Jan 09, 2006, 06:00 AM
Wow. We have some gorgeous fish out there. Post your pics folks. Love to see them.

cichlidfan
Tue Jan 10, 2006, 02:41 AM
Hi All,
Thought I would add a pic of one of my White Pigeons
Regards
Allan

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jan 10, 2006, 02:52 AM
Wow these are some awesome pics.

Mulisha
Tue Jan 10, 2006, 03:00 AM
Great looking fish everyone :shock:

Mattzilla
Tue Jan 10, 2006, 03:16 AM
allan your pigeon is nothing short of spectacular mate

i love it!

dswwong
Fri Jan 13, 2006, 03:31 AM
lovely white pigeon (white butterfly).....

do u have the latest picture of the fish ?

Merrilyn
Fri Jan 13, 2006, 06:21 AM
Allan, that's gorgeous. I'm not normally a fan of white fish, but that one is just stunning. :shock: :D

ozarowana
Mon Jan 16, 2006, 01:32 PM
Great pigeon discus everyone. I don't understand why some people don't like pigeon discus? One of my first discus was an old-type pigeon with the blue fins.