PDA

View Full Version : F2 Wild Angel BREEDING PAIR have EGGS!!!!!! FERTILE

goldenpigeon
Mon Jan 02, 2006, 01:24 AM
Hi guys!!!!

OMG!! i walked out to one of my tanks this morning to find my favorite angel pair with a huge amount of eggs!!!!! they spawned on the sponge filter pipe and filled it completely with eggs! this was their first spawn and it is much bigger than a lot of discus spawns!

so far i gather that they spawned last night because 2/3 of the eggs have gone white...... still 1/3 eggs fertile FIRST GO!!!!!! they are protecting these little eggs like an experienced pair would!!! so aggressive! the female generally fans the eggs while the male protects the teritory.

there is the pair up one end of the tank and all the other fish up the other lol :lol:

here are some pics of them in action!

cheers all
David

goldenpigeon
Mon Jan 02, 2006, 01:27 AM
some more.......

sorry about the poor quality pics.... i didnt do my morning water change because i dont want to disturb them.

goldenpigeon
Mon Jan 02, 2006, 01:30 AM
i have a tank im getting ready for these guys to breed in. i will let them have a few more spawns then get down to buisness :twisted:

this pair is still growing very well so future spawns will be larger i hope :D

Kenneth
Mon Jan 02, 2006, 02:46 AM
Hey Junior, what a good start to the new year eh

I too have a soft sport for Angels and might I say, what a lovely pair they are. I've never seen baby Angels so keep the pictures coming okay. Good luck with it.

Kenneth

the_oracle
Mon Jan 02, 2006, 03:34 AM
Junior,
A Happy New Year to you, and looks like you're already enjoying your new year......
Keep it up. If the eggs turn bad, consider moving them to your breeder tank you have on standby.........They'll spawn again soon.
Keep the pics. coming .................

Sanie.

goldenpigeon
Mon Jan 02, 2006, 03:38 AM
thanks for the comments Kenneth and Sanie :D

i think they will go bad.... thats to be expected. i want the pair to learn that they have to protect the eggs before i put them in the breeding tank.

the wild blood is really comming out in them. great parenting very very aggressive and nice black bars :D

cant wait to see fry :D

Ben
Mon Jan 02, 2006, 03:45 AM
Well done kiddo!

keep us posted mate!

Ben

the_oracle
Mon Jan 02, 2006, 03:48 AM
Junior,
It's best that you put them in the breeding tank a.s.a.p. They can be very agressive when they're in spawning mood. They'll attack anything that comes near their eggs, even if the intruder is way bigger than them. Once they're settled in the new tank, they'll breed again for sure. Just give a lil time though.
Good luck.........

Sanie.

goldenpigeon
Mon Jan 02, 2006, 05:33 AM
ok Sanie... thanks for the advice mate! if anyone else has any tips for me post em here cause i want remember mcuh about breeding these guys anymore....

goldenpigeon
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 12:44 AM
Well they ate the eggs this morning :( they did great for their first time so im hapy with that.... better luck next time :D

the_oracle
Tue Jan 03, 2006, 06:06 PM
Junior,
Keep on trying. Move them to the breeding tank and they'll do their thing again...........
It'll be fun to see them ...............

Sanie.