PDA

View Full Version : What a nice place to procrastinate the day away!

Al
Fri Jun 18, 2004, 05:37 AM
Hi All,

I am a UNSW engineering (mech) student and have been keeping Discus for about 2months now. I am really enjoying the chanallenge at the moment, mostly because it is not uni related! I should be studing for exams but find looking after the fish so much more enjoyable!

If only there were a way to combine both uni-work and discus keeping...
(maybe automated water changes??!)

I'm thinking of adding CO2 to my tank at the mo, but i am told that having food to eat is more important than having nice plants... not sure about that yet!

Proteus
Fri Jun 18, 2004, 08:31 AM
Al, welcome to DF.com

Nice set up you have there, and lucky you to live so close to Discus Central... (SLS)

I am thinking right now if I lived that close I would either be living on the streets (thrown out of home due to my addiction)... or, have Kev & George place a restraining order on me to not visit them 8hrs a day... EVERY day... lol

:wink:

discman
Sat Jun 19, 2004, 01:16 PM
:D HI mate this the top of all the discus sites going u can pick up a lot
from here and nice fish thay look good :twisted:

kalebjarrod
Sat Jun 19, 2004, 11:55 PM
nice to have you on board.

don't forget once you get on this site you'll want to expand your collection, that degree could come in handy to pay the ever growing bills!

greta site, great people

nice to have you abord.

p.s let me know how you go with automation, its a current project of mine. :wink:

AdelaideAnt
Sun Jun 20, 2004, 12:02 AM
Hey Mate,
Welcome to the forum, i know exactly how ya feel, the other day i had the choice of either studying or going to buy a new canister filter....you can guess what i did...as a result i was up late lastnight trying to get an assignment done thats due this moring....oops.

Anthony 8)

tennhound
Mon Jun 21, 2004, 06:53 PM
Al welcome to DF hope you enjoy the site.

MARIE