PDA

View Full Version : Going to the Gold Coast

chris
Wed Dec 21, 2005, 11:45 AM
Hi Guy I'm heading up to the Gold Coast for New Years can anyone recommend an LFS to visit or a visit to Rod Lewis?

goldenpigeon
Wed Dec 21, 2005, 11:53 AM
koolies :D yes the best LFS for discus up here is G&S aquarium. also aquarium warehouse on brissy road i think it is. go see rod lewis too. he is a great guy but lives in brissy.

you are welcome to come and see my joint if oyu wish also ;)

cheers

chris
Wed Dec 21, 2005, 11:21 PM
Cheers for offer Junior can you give me some more details about G&S Aquariums why is it so good? :wink:

goldenpigeon
Wed Dec 21, 2005, 11:45 PM
ok they firstly have the very best service and knowledge about discus and all the other fish that they stock.

it is very rare that i see one of their tanks with a disease.... must have been a few month now since they have treated for anything.

they always have great fish in stock and get fish in each week.

i dont know if your into plants a lot but they get plants in every week.

they import all their discus from various farms overseas (they are the only shop that i will buy discus from).

they now have a good salt water section (marine).... personally i dont have a marine tank but they have explained how the marine system works and all about it. i thought it was very accurate.

they test your water for free ;) hehehehehehe

ALL DISCUS FORUM MEMBERS GET 10% OFF EVERYTHING AT G&S AQUARIUM (unless marked no disscounts.... i havnt seen an item in the shop with "no discounts before)

thats about it. they r very nice folks too. and their reputation speaks for itself because there is always someone in the shop..... i have been there and it took me an hour to get served hehehehe (that was one time) but i like to look at the fish for a while before i get down to buisness hehehehehe

HTH

cheers

David

chris
Fri Dec 23, 2005, 10:31 AM
Hey David sounds like a good place mate, what the address I going to have to check it out mate. Chris :wink:

goldenpigeon
Fri Dec 23, 2005, 10:19 PM
2/380 Oxley Drive, Runaway Bay.

their number is 5529 0394

where are you going to be staying?

chris
Sat Dec 24, 2005, 10:27 PM
Morning Dave and mery Xmas in staying on Kavel Ave where ever that is :roll:

goldenpigeon
Sat Dec 24, 2005, 11:25 PM
oh ok i know where that is :D Merry Christmas to you too mate! :D hope your having fun :D

if you pm ryan (KJ) he might want to have a bit of a get togeather.