PDA

View Full Version : hikari frozen food

G-1000
Wed Dec 21, 2005, 05:40 AM
Can somebody please tell me if their local fish store sells the following hikari frozen food (in sydney):

tubifex worms
spirulina enhanced brine shrimp
mysis shrimp

Thanks

G

goldenpigeon
Wed Dec 21, 2005, 06:11 AM
for a little bit of extra work you can grow your own brine shrimp and feed them spirulina. cost alot less and as fresh as u can get ;)

Mattzilla
Wed Dec 21, 2005, 06:34 AM
try trans at canley vale

they seem to have a good selection of hikari frozen foods

i was there today to buy some hokari blood worms and brine shrimp and they had more selections to chose from

G-1000
Wed Dec 21, 2005, 07:13 AM
Thanks Matt,

Funnily enough I normally go to trans to get my fish food but the guy swears he only has BW and BS.

Any other suggestions ?

G

DR.V
Wed Dec 21, 2005, 10:08 AM
I got my mysis shrimp from Strictly Aquarium at King Georges road.

I never seen frozen hikari tubifex worms ??

Mattzilla
Wed Dec 21, 2005, 10:08 AM
i am sure they had some other frozen food there. the freezer was full so they may have just gotten a fresh shipment in.

i can't remember the other types that where there but i am sure i saw at least one other than bloodworms and brine shrimp

give them a call.

have you tried monaco around the corner?

DR.V
Wed Dec 21, 2005, 10:11 AM
Matt did trans still have the tetra bits on special ??

I might go there tomorrow, need more tetra bits and blood worms.

Thanks

dreamer
Wed Dec 21, 2005, 10:18 AM
havent seen mysis at trans for ages.... bloodworm and brine shrimp thats what they usually have. they do have daphnia once in a while. the rest just other brand bloodworm and brineshrimp

Mattzilla
Wed Dec 21, 2005, 10:23 AM
actually i think it was mysis shrimp that i saw today....

not too sure about the tetra bits. didn't really look at them....sorry

might be time to head down there or give them a call cause the freezer is full. they might only stock a small amnout of some things.

they had some nice flowerhorns ther but none a sgood as Mo....welll, maybe i am a little bias!!!! hahah

kevkoi
Thu Dec 22, 2005, 02:28 AM
Atm, hikari only have a small representation of their frozen foods in Australia. It's mostly Bloodworm and Brineshrimp with mysis available occasionally. I'm very sure there's no frozen tubifex in Aust.... only freeze dried.

AgeofAquariums
Sat Dec 24, 2005, 05:43 AM
If it is of any help to qld based discus freaks here is a list of frozen food we have available.

Orca frozen bloodworm

1pk $3.00

10pk $20.00

20pk $35.00

Intrafeed Mysis shrimp & daphnia

1pk $5.00 or 10pk $40.00

POS AQUA FROZEN FOOD

Brine shrimp

beef heart

turtle dinner

discus dinner

cichlid dinner

Baby Brine shrimp

vegie

marine

marine green

community

1pk $4.00 or 10pk $35.00

Baby brine is 1pk $6.00 or 10pk $50.00

Ben :D

G-1000
Wed Dec 28, 2005, 05:49 AM
Hi Guys

I have been able to source the following

Hikari frozen Brine Shrimp with spirulina
Hikari frozen tubifex worms
Hikari frozen mysis shrimp

I will get it in about 2 weeks - when i do I will let you all know the secret location of where to get it from.

G

dreamer
Wed Dec 28, 2005, 08:34 AM
now someone need to bring in cyclops

Ben
Sat Dec 31, 2005, 11:51 PM
Grant,

let us know what you think of the Hikari frozen Brine Shrimp with spirulina. Its a recently made product by Hikari.

Ben

xmasfish
Mon Jan 02, 2006, 10:39 PM
I recently sourced this at Thornton Hunter valley and both juveniles and adults have responded to it well. It appears to be of the high quality that I have come to associate with Hikari.

oscar
Fri Jan 06, 2006, 10:07 PM
I can also get the Hikari frozen Krill, which is the larger shrimp type product. I haven't used it yet but i'll give it a try soon.

mistakes r crucial
Sat Jan 07, 2006, 05:59 AM
Hi Ben,

That's a bloody good price considering I buy wholesale (200 packs a time) and pay $1.65 inc GST per pack. Please either email me or PM me with a price for 200 Orca Bloodworm packs per pick up.
Cheers
MAC

SLS
Sat Jan 07, 2006, 07:17 AM
Hey Guy's,

We carry at all times
Hikari Bloodworms
Brine Shrimp
Mysis Shrimp
Ocean Plankton
Mega Marine Angel

Can also get Hikari Dafnia, Tubifex, Spirulina Brime Shrimp, Krill, Mega Marine Algae and Rotifers.

We also carry all Fish Fuel Dinners and Pos Aqua Baby Brine Shrimp.

Cheers,
George