PDA

View Full Version : FS: Geophagus altifrons *rare discus companions* SOLD

locaso76
Tue Dec 20, 2005, 02:42 AM
hi everyone,

I have 5 of these fish for sale. these were purchased 1 year ago from SLS.

Fish are now ready to breed and have coloured up well with beautiful finnage also.

All are around 15 cm mark.

$100 each or can do a deal for all 5.

beautiful fish but just getting to big for their tank.

I would love to keep 2 and sell 3 but I cannot sex them, I'm sure I have at least one pair out of the 5 as their recent behaviour suggests they may be doing the spawning dance.

Pics on request - I just do not know how to post them on the site.

thanks

Namn8r
Sun Dec 25, 2005, 12:58 PM
pls email pics to nvs_1@hotmail.com

Proteus
Sat Dec 31, 2005, 06:39 AM
Are these still available?

locaso76
Sat Dec 31, 2005, 11:27 AM
They are still available. I'm open to offers!

Proteus
Sat Dec 31, 2005, 11:40 PM
Removed from thread due to innapropriate nature

Mate i saw these in an aquarium the other day for $25 each, My mate also bought a collony of 1 male 4 female all @18-20cm for $130

Let me clarify something from the point of view of someone that works in the industry. If they were $25 each, they were either hybrids or not altifrons. They are in limited numbers nation wide, and the original breeder no longer has his breeding stock. They have only been seen in stores around Sydney for between $70 & $90 ea, and I have been told similar prices in both Melbourne and Brisbane, so sorry $25 just isnt realistic, maybe another Geophagus species, but not altifrons.

In regards to the removed reply, please refer to the Classifieds terms of use.

gotti
Sun Jan 01, 2006, 12:33 AM
Mate they are alti's also known as alti threadfin,His fish are NOT hybrids.
He also works in the industry and I find it hard to beleive there are limited numbers as they are easy to breed.

Proteus
Sun Jan 01, 2006, 01:22 AM
Threadfins are heckelli.

Your friend needs to learn a little about fish I would suggest.

Threadfin Acara - Acarichthys heckelli

Geophagus altifron are not the easiest fish to breed

Proteus
Sun Jan 01, 2006, 01:40 AM
btw locaso, where in Syd are you located.

I will send you a PM as I am interested in taking all 5.

Merrilyn
Sun Jan 01, 2006, 01:43 AM
I also have a group of 5 of these G. altifrons. They are very rare fish in Australia. There are a lot of very similar fish out there in the marketplace that are masquerading as altifrons, but are not the true deal.

I know the breeder of these fish, and I know his stock. These are true altifrons. I have personally been offered a huge amount for my colony by a Melbourne breeder who specializes in eartheaters.

Just so we all know which fish we are talking about, I have added a picture. Gotti, maybe your friend has something similar, but I very much doubt that they are true altifrons, especially if they are easy to breed.

Merrilyn
Sun Jan 01, 2006, 01:45 AM
and another

Proteus
Sun Jan 01, 2006, 02:29 AM
add another... my pair

gotti
Sun Jan 01, 2006, 07:22 AM
HAHAHA they are called alti threadfin maybe YOU should learn a little about fish.
Stop trying to rip people off they aren;t worth anywhere near $100 each.
What a joke

Proteus
Sun Jan 01, 2006, 07:59 AM
This Classifieds area is for the buying and selling of aquarium related items only.

Questions in regards to items are welcomed, yet opinions, comments, etc from this point in time are not permitted.

Replies violating this request will be removed, and access to this forum will be removed for the user in question.

If you have nothing good to say or contribute, then dont say anything.

Thank you

The gotti account has been suspended for 48hrs.

In regards to 'alti threadfins' refer to Google - no such thing

In regards to the price, people that have a thorough knowledge of South American eartheaters will know the value of such fish. I feel sorry for your friend gotti, as they are the ones who have been ripped off.

Proteus
Mon Jan 02, 2006, 11:47 AM
Given that there is some interesting posts on the varied types of Geophagus available, I have split further discussion to here > http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5392

Proteus
Sat Feb 04, 2006, 08:11 AM
update: ALL SOLD