PDA

View Full Version : A Challenge

tank
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 03:54 AM
To the Mods and forum
Could it be possible that we have our own discus Show
Each state have their own competition with finals and then winning finalist show off against other state finalist. Same as the big boys do with categories. Could we have a look at this for the 2006 year
Well, what do you think?

Mattzilla
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 05:23 AM
sounds great but it will cost. there wqould have to be an entry fee(and a hefty one) in order to get it off the ground.

perhaps it would have to be hosted/sponsored by a well known discus importer and seller with an outstanding reputation for quality discus (sls hint hint nudge nudge)

i'm definately in of there is a show!!

Ben
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 11:21 AM
Sounds like a great idea!

But it would be selfish of me to enter as i would get 1st place!

lol

Mulisha
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 12:49 PM
Good idea sounds great i have to wait a year or so untill I enter :wink:

G-1000
Tue Dec 20, 2005, 01:52 AM
I think a competition would be an awesome idea. But seriously - lets just all go to Ben's house and save ourselves the embarrassment. We all know he would win hands down anyway. lol.

G

Ben
Tue Dec 20, 2005, 10:58 PM
:shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :wink:

goldenpigeon
Tue Dec 20, 2005, 11:39 PM
i have an interesting fish for the competition ;)

Merrilyn
Fri Dec 23, 2005, 09:54 AM
Hey Ben, I'll put my red gold diamonds up against your blue diamonds any day :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now here's a fish for you to drool over LOL

Ben
Fri Dec 23, 2005, 10:04 AM
heheheeheheh

Very Nice Merrilyn! :D

But i now have new contenders as ammunition! :shock: :wink: :P

Cheers

Ben

Merrilyn
Fri Dec 23, 2005, 10:37 AM
LMAO Okay Ben. Looks like the challenge is on.

Okay folks. Post pics of your best looking discus. We'll have our own informal discus competition. This is just for fun folks. Post your pics, and then after new year, we'll have a vote on them all. Winner gets ........................ummmm boasting rights for the next month :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bad Inferno
Fri Dec 23, 2005, 10:37 AM
what a gerat pic...mind if I steal it for my desktop picture ?????

I will drool all day

kevkoi
Fri Dec 23, 2005, 10:42 AM
Different class guys... different class. :lol:

SLS
Sat Dec 24, 2005, 01:30 AM
A Discus show/contest would be a fantastic idea.

Mulisha
Sat Dec 24, 2005, 01:46 AM
no fair on us beginners LOL :lol:

Merrilyn
Sat Dec 24, 2005, 04:48 AM
Everyone's in with a chance Rick. Just post a pic of your best looking discus. Remember to clean the glass before you start taking pics, and if you use a flash, stand at an angle to the tank, to remove the glare from the flash. Make em look pretty guys. All the members will have a chance to vote on their favourite fish.

To be extra fair, there will be two sections. One for members pictures, and another one for moderators pictures. The prize of boasting rights is the same for each section LOL.

C'mon everyone. Let's have some fun :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Bad Inferno
Sat Dec 24, 2005, 07:35 AM
What about a section for best group shot....for those of us who don't really have one great fish !

Anyhow I'll get my camera charged....

Mulisha
Sat Dec 24, 2005, 08:29 AM
This sounds fun might have to do a "Google Search" LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

axelfaz
Sat Dec 24, 2005, 12:23 PM
heres a pic or two i hope u like :D

Cameron

Mulisha
Sat Dec 24, 2005, 01:38 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: very nice fish cameron do u have a special light on those Turks because there very intense colours 8-)

nicholas76
Tue Dec 27, 2005, 11:03 AM
batter up!

what u see is what you get

Mattzilla
Tue Dec 27, 2005, 08:27 PM
as if you're not going to win nicholas with that pic.....i am so freakin jelous of you it's not funny

Ben
Wed Dec 28, 2005, 12:04 AM
my pic.

GLSS

may the best man (or lady) win! :shock: :D :wink: :wink:

Cheers
Ben

Ben
Wed Dec 28, 2005, 12:07 AM
almost forgot the pic! :oops:

G-1000
Wed Dec 28, 2005, 12:51 AM
Ben,

I think you will have to withdraw that entry. We all know you have edited that picture to have a blue tinge through the fins and nice coloured spots! Oh wait - my bad, its just an awesome fish. haha

G

G-1000
Wed Dec 28, 2005, 12:51 AM
Ladyred,

Can we have a new picture of the RGD's ? Please....

I want to see them with their trademark colours....

G

kevkoi
Wed Dec 28, 2005, 02:33 AM
All very nice fish.

Maybe we could start a thread on the photo album section for an online discus picture competition for the month of January?

To be fair, we maybe should say this month we are going for certain class fish, so we can compare apples and apples first.

Say, maybe this month we go for blue class? Or red patterned class?? I don't know... u decide.

The winner maybe should be decided in early Feb by member votes (say 40%) and maybe by 2 reputable international judges, say Andrew Soh and someone else?

We can arrange for some substantial prizes to be awarded to the eventual winner?

Ben
Wed Dec 28, 2005, 02:39 AM
Sounds like a great idea Kev!

maybe these class's

Solid colour
pigeon blood
spotted
albino
wild type
etc.....

Just an idea......what do thers think?

Ben

G-1000
Wed Dec 28, 2005, 05:58 AM
Geez guys,

Im sure I am not the only one who gets frustrated by how Ben and Kev are always right and hit the nail on the head right ?

Anyhow - those classes sound awesome Ben.

Kev - what prizes ? Perhaps a trip to penang to see discus ? haha ok worth a try though.

G

kevkoi
Wed Dec 28, 2005, 06:55 AM
:lol: I doubt it, but if you ever do come down to Malaysia and have 2 days to spare, I would be more than happy to take you on tour around to some discus farms. :wink:

So, maybe we start with Solid Colours for month of January?

Proteus
Wed Dec 28, 2005, 07:06 AM
So, maybe we start with Solid Colours for month of January?

I am good with that.

piranha-discus
Wed Dec 28, 2005, 08:11 AM
hi if there is ever a competition set on a date and every thing is well organised better not say too much etc class etc cos some importers like kev might import some best to win every class of the competition there for wont be fair!!!

Merrilyn
Wed Dec 28, 2005, 01:58 PM
As requested, latest pics of the Red Gold Diamonds.

G-1000
Wed Dec 28, 2005, 02:08 PM
OMG !

They get better with age.

Man I gotta get me some of them.

G

nicholas76
Fri Dec 30, 2005, 07:20 AM
I like the idea of having members vote for the pictures!

Theres should be some clarification regarding the standard set for photos and how they are taken e.g. edited, enhanced, photoshopped, flash, no flash allowed etc etc.

In terms of prizes I dont think you need much . Bragging rights for the photo of the month pic in the photo section ( say a sticky section for the next 12 months ) would be good enough for me and it costs Ro nothing.

nicholas76
Fri Dec 30, 2005, 07:22 AM
as if you're not going to win nicholas with that pic.....i am so freakin jelous of you it's not funny

cheers mate

not that far off from getting a spawn !! Ill keep everyone posted :D

goldenpigeon
Fri Dec 30, 2005, 09:32 AM
Here are my entrants....... female white leopard

kevkoi
Sat Dec 31, 2005, 03:17 AM
We need to make some clarification for people who have not entered shows and understand the "class" system.

Solid colour is a terribly loose class.... only ever used on very small competitions with insufficient entrants. Usually it's Solid blue class, Solid Red class, Solid yellow class etc.

Either way, the snow leopard is always in the 'Open class'.....

Shall we start with a Solid Blue class this month?

That includes basically Blue diamonds and solid cobalts (Reflection D, Blue knight etc et with minimal striations).

Ben
Sat Dec 31, 2005, 12:30 PM
mmmmm........

did someone say blue class???

Ivan if you are reading this dont even think about it mate!

goldenpigeon
Sat Dec 31, 2005, 03:12 PM
hmmm i think i might get a pic of my hi fin blue diamond to beat you Ben :) herhehehehehe