PDA

View Full Version : LONG FIN DISCUS

cichlidfan
Sun Dec 18, 2005, 11:59 PM
Here is a pic of my Long Fin Blue Diamonds

brew3
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 12:08 AM
To me the shape is not natural, to each it's own.
I wouldn't keep any of them.
Mario

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mattzilla
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 12:15 AM
i swear you have a couple of everything mate!!!!!

i am with brew, not my cup of tea.

cheers
matt

dswwong
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 03:30 AM
am not a fan of the long fin ones....not natural somehow and do not aprreciate them....

no offence i hope

nicholas76
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 05:23 AM
geepers

that are damm HOt!!!! ( everyone to there own i guess )

nice addition Allan cant wait to see what the fry look like

Mulisha
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 06:43 AM
Nice fish still prefer normal discus but if you like them that's what counts :lol:

goldenpigeon
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 07:41 AM
im not a fan of long fin discus really. i like these ones but generally dont appreciate them. i love the hi fin discus! love love love hi fins!

what ever floats ya boat i guess

Ben
Mon Dec 26, 2005, 11:51 AM
i think they are interesting........

Merrilyn
Mon Dec 26, 2005, 01:08 PM
Lovely looking fish Allan. How old are they, and how long will the fins grow. I guess it will take a while for discus keepers to accept the new shape, but just like the veiltail angel fish, they will have their followers.

I personally find them a most attractive variant.

Ben
Mon Dec 26, 2005, 10:45 PM
cichlidfan, just out of a matter of interest is this long fin variant only available as a blue diamond?

Cheers
Ben

kevkoi
Tue Dec 27, 2005, 03:24 AM
The long fin variant has actually been around for well over 6years. The reason for it not being developed further is because it just never caught on and never took off.

They are available in blue diamond, cobalt, red turqs and snakeskin. Most farms have stopped producing them because there are hardly any buyers, but the few farms that still have some of these fish are not breeding these in any large numbers either.

Even though the relatively scarce numbers, these long fin discus never really command good prices, so can be gotten for relatively cheap. We've brought some in before in blue diamond, cobalt and snakeskin but they're IMO rather slow movers.

cichlidfan
Tue Dec 27, 2005, 08:34 AM
Hi All
Those fish in the pic I posted are from my own personal collection and are 3 1/2 inches in size.
I posted the pic so that other forum members can see what other variants of Discus are available and personally I like them, as they say "QUOTE: EACH TO THEIR OWN UNQUOTE"
Merrilyn, these fish are just over 12 months old and their fins should grow out another two inches up to adulthood.
Ben, Long Fins are available in Turquoise Spotted and Snakeskin variant.
As for the post placed by Kevkoi, your last sentence should be placed in the Classified section and not in the Photo Album section and I think you should stop cutting in hobbyists posts.
Regards
Allan

Merrilyn
Tue Dec 27, 2005, 09:01 AM
I rather like the look of them too Allan. They interest me.

Kev, if you can get adult pairs at very good prices, can you please get me a price on a pair of cobalts, and a pair of snakeskin long fins. Proven large adult breeding pairs please. And if I wanted 6 pairs of the one colour, could you get them? Thanks.

goldenpigeon
Thu Dec 29, 2005, 10:52 PM
i have been popping into this thread for another look over the last few days and have really grown to like these fish :D i have the long fin bug now hehehehe

if you dont mind me asking: i am aware that these fish are quite scarce in Australia but are the much more pricy than a hi fin blue diamond?

cheers
David

piranha-discus
Thu Jan 05, 2006, 11:39 AM
what happens if cross breed the long fin with a normal fin blue diamond?
comes out good high fin?

Mulisha
Thu Jan 05, 2006, 11:43 AM
LOL it could do Ben :shock: looks quite good IMO :lol:

sammigold
Thu Jan 05, 2006, 11:44 AM
I loooooove them!!!!! gorgeous! gorgeous! GORGEEEEOUS!!! :D

kalebjarrod
Thu Jan 05, 2006, 10:42 PM
i think they look hot