PDA

View Full Version : Anyone bought from exoticdiscus.com

sharkbaitnemo
Sun Dec 18, 2005, 10:52 PM
Just after some feedback from anyone who has bought from exoticdiscus.com ; if it is negative feedback you can PM instead as I don't want this to start a defamation law suite.

kevkoi
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 02:37 AM
do a search using the search function. This subject has come up numerous times on this forum.

axelfaz
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 05:14 AM
hi mate exoticdiscus have just changed owners old feed back on the forum wouldnt be fair on the new owners. from what i have heard they are using a local importer with a very good rep.

all the best
Cameron

nicholas76
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 05:19 AM
Try G & S aquariam I think they are local to you

theres a few quality importers aswell that are also local so check those out !

goldenpigeon
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 08:05 AM
G&S have just gotten a new shipment in. try them.

i have thought about buying from exotic discus a few times but have not bothered because of the price tag. it might just be me but for a 8-10cm fish you are looking at over $100 for a blue diamond which is one of the more common strains available today. i dont want to defame them and as i said it could just be me.

madaboutfish
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 10:02 AM
Hi,

I realised that exotic discus has recently dropped their prices. their 8-10cm blue diamond is now $85.

Nick

G-1000
Mon Dec 19, 2005, 10:27 AM
85 bucks for a blue diamond is still on the pricey side - it would have to be a very nice, show quality fish at that price.

G

kevkoi
Wed Dec 28, 2005, 07:04 AM
The new owner Bob Kroll's a nice guy and a very good fish keeper.... Wish him all the best in his new venture.

8-10cm discus (depending on if they take Standard length or Total length) is nearly a 3.5"-4" fish. That's at least a sub adult fish. $85 is a very decent price for that size fish IMO especially if the quality is good (ie good high body shape, the pelvic fins are fully blue and not lined with black, the caudle pendecule is clear of any black bar and the eye is fully red.).

A lot of retail shops in Sydney sell 5cm blue diamonds for about the $80mark by comparison.

the_oracle
Wed Dec 28, 2005, 05:31 PM
Hey guys, for me, I go for quality, not strain neither pricing...............
If I really like that particular fish, I'm willing to fork out the amount no matter how much it costs. Might think it's a lil bit crazy but if you have budget constraint, maybe shop around a lil and get a cheaper alternative...........
Give them your best TLC, and they'll do good for ya.............

Sanie.

cichlidfan
Thu Dec 29, 2005, 11:50 AM
Hi All,
Just a note from the new owner Bob Kroll that he won't be taking over until the 7th January 2006
Regards
Allan

Ben
Sat Dec 31, 2005, 11:49 PM
All the best in the future Bob Kroll.
Cheers
Ben

grumpyold
Wed Jan 04, 2006, 11:05 AM
Hi people,
Thanks for kind words and we sincerely hope to offer a good quality fish with good service at a reasonable price. List will slowly be extended to offer some of the more unusual finny things that we breed too.
Hoping everyone has a happy and safe 2006.
Cheers Bob & Linda Kroll

grumpyold
Sun Jan 22, 2006, 05:37 AM
First new shipment is now in and available for sale soon. All looking great too.
Also lots of specials on carry over stock ATO so don't hesitate to contact if your're looking for some good deals
Cheers Linda

Wholesale Only

Merrilyn
Tue Jan 24, 2006, 02:56 AM
A very warm welcome to the forum Bob and Linda. Lovely to know we have another retailer out there selling good quality fish.

All the best with your new venture. :wave

sunshinediscus
Tue Jan 24, 2006, 09:18 PM
Good luck with your new business venture Bob and Linda, i hope it is enjoyable and successful for you.

Regards

Rod Lewis

grumpyold
Wed Jan 25, 2006, 12:24 PM
Thanks Merrilyn.
Hi Rod... Where have you been lately, havn't seen you in ages.
Cheers Linda

sunshinediscus
Wed Jan 25, 2006, 08:27 PM
Hi Linda,

Been keeping myself busy with the fish etc, and doing a bit for Kev Magna.

Just became a granddad a couple of months ago :D

My sister in law is in Cairns, next time we are up visiting i'd love to come over and check your new place out.

Rod

grumpyold
Thu Jan 26, 2006, 11:08 AM
You're most welcome Grandaddy.
Congratulations...Linda

nicholas76
Wed Feb 08, 2006, 12:09 PM
Just became a granddad a couple of months ago :D

congrats Rod!