PDA

View Full Version : Is he a he

Crocky
Sun Dec 18, 2005, 04:12 AM
I have this solid blue ss that would always have females ( 3 different ones) hang around it and try to get to spawn with them but it would eat the eggs.I have placed it into a tank with one of these females and she laying every 6 t 7 days but its not eating the eggs anymore and looks after them.I have never seen it run over them and the eggs always turn white,its my biggest fish and would love small babies out of it.

Brad

Merrilyn
Sun Dec 18, 2005, 04:19 AM
Brad, as you know, the snakeskins are slow to colour up and slow to mature. How old is the fish ? He may simply be too young. Are you seeing a breeding tube, and are you sure he is a definate male ?

The other thing is, some male fish are just defective breeders, and never go over the eggs and fertilize them the way they should. Those fish make love display fish, but are useless for breeding.

Hopefully your boy is just slow to mature.

Crocky
Sun Dec 18, 2005, 05:50 AM
HI Ladyred

It has had its tube out and its small like a males its 2 years old nearlt to the day and 6+inches size.I have sent andrew a few pics of the fish to ask him what it was,he think its a male.

Brad