brew3
Sat Dec 17, 2005, 05:29 AM
Albino's pictures for your enjoynment.
brew3

:) :) :) :)

Dee
Sat Dec 17, 2005, 06:03 AM
Hiya Brew,

They are some of the nicer looking Albino Snake's I have seen ! :thumb :thumb :thumb great looking fish .

Cheers,

Dee :)

DR.V
Sat Dec 17, 2005, 10:56 AM
wow lovely fish ! that pattern is cool !!

Mulisha
Sat Dec 17, 2005, 11:16 AM
Love the eyes :shock:

G-1000
Sat Dec 17, 2005, 11:17 AM
Wow!

Albinos are certainly becoming the more popular strain of discus. A number of variations starting to come through...

G

Ben
Sat Dec 17, 2005, 11:49 AM
geeez, just got to love albino's!

thanks for sharing the pic,

ben

Merrilyn
Sun Dec 18, 2005, 02:44 AM
Exciting times in fish breeding ahead of us. These new albino strains are gorgeous.

Brew, I'd be interested in your opinion of breeding Albino to Albino. Do you think the fry are weakened by the double albino gene. Is it better to breed albino to normal, and would you then get 50% albino and 50% normal, but carrying the albino gene?

brew3
Sun Dec 18, 2005, 04:01 AM
Exciting times in fish breeding ahead of us. These new albino strains are gorgeous.

Brew, I'd be interested in your opinion of breeding Albino to Albino. Do you think the fry are weakened by the double albino gene. Is it better to breed albino to normal, and would you then get 50% albino and 50% normal, but carrying the albino gene?

Hi Merrilyn,
It is not easy to breed albino to albino, water chemistry and fry attachment problem and it should not be weaken depending on the genetic of the parents.
Nowadays you have to be very careful where you buy the fish from, a lot are intermediates and do not have the background history on them and the best bet is to buy them from a reputable breeder which will tell you their history.
Breeding albino to normal - percentage of albino's will be <5%
Intermediate with intermediate - 20 to 30%
Albino to albino depends on their history, usually a pure 14 bar albinoXalbino you will get approx. 50% 9 bars and 50% 14bars.
Just send me a PM If you do require more information.
Take care
Mario

Ben
Sun Dec 18, 2005, 01:21 PM
It is not easy to breed albino to albino, water chemistry and fry attachment problem and it should not be weaken depending on the genetic of the parents.

If it is feasible, fostering under another pair of good non albino brooders would help solve some problems in relation to fry attachment.

Ben

brew3
Sun Dec 18, 2005, 03:35 PM
A lot of the Asian breeders are using foster parents to raise the fry due to problem with fry attachment but some breeders do not have any of those problem with albino X albino.
That's the trick of the trade, it is their secrecy.
Mario

Dee
Mon Dec 26, 2005, 08:48 AM
Hi Brew3,

Interesting info regarding the breeding of Albino's, thanks for posting :thumb

Cheers,

Dee :)

brew3
Mon Dec 26, 2005, 06:02 PM
Hi Dee,
Thank you.
More albino pictures.
brew3

the_oracle
Mon Dec 26, 2005, 06:55 PM
Mario,
You make me drool..................
Any babies for me yet?

Sanie.

brew3
Mon Dec 26, 2005, 09:37 PM
Hi Sanie,
The 14 albino's won't be ready for awhile and it is easier to get them from Wayne.
The fish that I have is more for a collection only, too much work to breed them, hatching BBS, etc. just getting too lazy and I rather enjoy them.
Mario