PDA

View Full Version : Arowana?

MangoR34
Wed Dec 14, 2005, 03:33 PM
I've seen many tanks with the mixture of Discus and Arowanas. Quite nice IMO. I have the same in my tank and they seem to like to swim peacefully together. Im in the process of aquascaping my tank so images will come soon.

Anyone tried this before?

Mango~

kevkoi
Thu Dec 15, 2005, 01:12 AM
It never works long term. :?

goldenpigeon
Thu Dec 15, 2005, 03:11 AM
kev will arowanas get big enough to eat an adult discus?

paradox_108
Sun May 07, 2006, 02:03 AM
yes the arowanas will eventually kill the discus.

Phlipper
Tue Jun 13, 2006, 12:18 PM
I seen a show on Arowanas on telly a little while ago...........these fish get big and nasty, on the telly show they were snatching monkeys out of low trees overhanging the water :shock: :shock: :shock:

OscarManAlpha
Tue Jun 13, 2006, 11:52 PM
I seen a show on Arowanas on telly a little while ago...........these fish get big and nasty, on the telly show they were snatching monkeys out of low trees overhanging the water :shock: :shock: :shock:

That would have been a South American one then LOL

They sure look pretty in planted tanks !!

Anyone breeding feeder monkeys ???

Phlipper
Wed Jun 14, 2006, 01:15 AM
Sorry, no feeder monkeys yet.......perhaps when I've got over the fish keeping bug I'll look into it :monkey :lol:

Are thise pictures yours Mark, they are brilliant....why weren't they entered into the photo comp ?

OscarManAlpha
Wed Jun 14, 2006, 02:23 AM
Are thise pictures yours Mark, they are brilliant....why weren't they entered into the photo comp ?

The pics and the tank are mine :D

But the fish I share with someone else. I was shy to post him, being such an elongated discus and all :wink:

When I started my membership with the Discus Forums, they were running a photo comp.

I was lucky enough to have won the comp.

I must say looking at other members pics is really really good fun.

Cheers,

Sand Whiting ( Sillago ciliata ) Silly Me

Phlipper
Wed Jun 14, 2006, 08:50 AM
Well please dont enter any again.....we dont want you winning all the time :lol: 8-)

sharn
Wed Jun 14, 2006, 09:57 AM
how big is he? he still looks quite small (judging on his head compared to the plants next to him). id love a red one day, and plan to have one when ive managed to get myself a 1000L+ lol