PDA

View Full Version : Golden Pidgeons

Trebs
Mon Dec 12, 2005, 12:50 AM
I just realised I never posted any photos of my Golden Pidgeon pair. These pics are about 8 months old, they are a little fatter now.

Ben
Mon Dec 12, 2005, 04:29 AM
Very nice pair trebs!

You should get some excellent offspring from them!

cheers
Ben

Mattzilla
Mon Dec 12, 2005, 04:54 AM
they have stunning yellow colour. do you feed any yellow colour enhancers???

good luckwith them

the_oracle
Mon Dec 12, 2005, 09:49 AM
Trebs,
Lovely couple you have there.............
Wishing you the best of luck and hopefully you'll have some babies soon.....................

Sanie.

goldenpigeon
Mon Dec 12, 2005, 11:41 AM
nice GP's :D the one with finer patterning looks very similar to one of my GP's :D

Trebs
Mon Dec 12, 2005, 10:12 PM
I haven't fed them colour enhancers. I actually bought them as adults probably 6 weeks before the picture was taken. I feed BH and tetrabit. No idea what they were fed before I bought them. They weren't fussy and ate anything on offer.

I did feed them colourbits for a while after the photo was taken. this has given them a slightly more orange colour around the outside of the body, middle was still the same yellow. This was because I was having problems getting the fry to attach, the slightly darker colour helped a lot.

As far as fry go, I've already raised one batch from this pair and am just getting setup to bred them again. It's taken a long time to get fully setup after moving house!