PDA

View Full Version : URGENT HELP NEEDED

phear
Sun Dec 11, 2005, 01:12 PM
hi guys i just got home from a big nite turned the lights on saw that my discus were really dark and laying nearly on there side.. i then did some quick water tests all is fine. the tank light was only off for a hour before i got home. there eyes are almost hanging out of there heads and are still dark but have impoved and are standing uprite but not swimming around they were eating and acting fine up untill now

what could be wrong or do discus do this when thye are asleep??

please help

Jamie

DR.V
Sun Dec 11, 2005, 02:00 PM
Discus may turn a bit darker after the lights are out.
Just do your regular water changes for now ....

Mulisha
Sun Dec 11, 2005, 02:04 PM
Maybe turn your room lights on for 5mins then turn your tank lights on after that so u don't go from pure darkness to full light.. it's like when you have been sleeping and someone runs into your room and your in pure darkness and turns on the light and shines a torch in your eyes !!
And remember the fish can't close there eyes lol..

HTH :lol:

sammigold
Mon Dec 12, 2005, 09:35 AM
I have definitely read that when some discus sleep they do on their sides.. not all but some... and they do darken when lights are out which is probably to do with natural camoflage things that they would have to do out in the wild... I think it may have been a case of waking the poor buggers up with a shock of light at a time that they were not used to.... just keep a good eye on them over the next couple of days and maybe spy on them whilst their sleeping with the lights out. see what their normal sleeping habits are... hth

phear
Mon Dec 12, 2005, 11:33 AM
thanks guys i watched them last nite for a while and they were fine thats just what they do when they are asleep :) they are fine acting normal and eating / doing everything the same and look the same

just didnt know what they looked like when they sleep and they were just asleep

cheers Jamie

Mulisha
Mon Dec 12, 2005, 12:42 PM
Don't worry mate when i got my first discus about 3 weeks ago i turned on the room lights and saw 2 of the discus on it's side and i neally had a hard attack lol and found out they sleep like that lol

have fun..

Ben
Mon Dec 12, 2005, 09:18 PM
Jamie, if there is any possibility try and take a photo and put it on this thread.

A picture speaks a thousand words.

Ben

Mulisha
Wed Dec 14, 2005, 12:57 PM
Have your fish gained any other symptoms since :?: And i didn't know photos had a mouth LOL

Joking .. :wink: :wink: :wink:

phear
Thu Dec 15, 2005, 03:30 AM
hey guys it was just that they were asleep! they are fine and im just waiting for them to breed! i will post pics when they lay eggs!