PDA

View Full Version : Spawning

exile
Sat Dec 10, 2005, 09:22 AM
I wasnt sure if my discus was spawning when i took this footage but ive only noticed that there are now eggs in the corner of my tank :D

Discus Spawning Movie (http://home.wilddsl.net.au/Q0755394113/Discus/discus.mpg)

only problem now is too keep the other fish at bay :cry:

goldenpigeon
Sat Dec 10, 2005, 10:10 AM
a very nice little discus pair you have there! i would say they were going thru their practice runs when you got that footage. look like an excellent young pair.

i couldnt see very clearly but do you have red tailed black sharks in your tank? they will quickly snap up your discus eggs. be careful with them because they are agressive little buggers and may get in a fight with your discus defending their territory. personally i would not advise keeping those red tails with discus but if it works for you then fantstic ;)

keep up the good work and have fun with your new pair :D

exile
Sat Dec 10, 2005, 09:01 PM
a very nice little discus pair you have there! i would say they were going thru their practice runs when you got that footage. look like an excellent young pair.

i couldnt see very clearly but do you have red tailed black sharks in your tank? they will quickly snap up your discus eggs. be careful with them because they are agressive little buggers and may get in a fight with your discus defending their territory. personally i would not advise keeping those red tails with discus but if it works for you then fantstic ;)

keep up the good work and have fun with your new pair :D

Thanks goldenpigeon
Yes they are red tailed black sharks in the tank as well as blue rams, tetras, fancy tailed guppies, clown loaches, gouramis, 2 apple snails and a fish that looks like a flathead and grows to about the size of 1 :roll:
I will have to go and buy another setup for my discus this morning, so i will see what happens in a couple weeks once i have them setup.

chris
Sat Dec 10, 2005, 10:55 PM
I agree Red tail Shark to aggressive for Discus, very territorial.
Nice clip though :wink:

goldenpigeon
Sun Dec 11, 2005, 12:55 AM
thats good exile! hope u get some nice bubs out of them :D but before putting them in the new tank let them spawn about 4 more times in the community tank so they get used to being territorial. makes them better parents :)

u have a good community there then. can u give a better description or picture on this flat head fish? im interested :D

Mulisha
Sun Dec 11, 2005, 02:30 AM
Hey that's a very nice pair you got there how big is the pair and how old becuase in that clip they look so young and they will turn out to be better parents if left in the tank like goldenpigeon said :wink:

exile
Sun Dec 11, 2005, 08:08 AM
I agree Red tail Shark to aggressive for Discus, very territorial.
Nice clip though :wink:

thats good exile! hope u get some nice bubs out of them :D but before putting them in the new tank let them spawn about 4 more times in the community tank so they get used to being territorial. makes them better parents :)

I bought a 3 foot tank with hood and stand for $295 today and have set it up.
I then took out some crap out of my main filter and placed it into my new cannister filter to try to help cycle it a little quicker.
meanwhile ive added some guppies (to do the deed so to speak). When the tank is cycled i will feed them to my turtles :wink:

so yeah hopefully they will spawn a few more times before i transfer the discus over

u have a good community there then. can u give a better description or picture on this flat head fish? im interested :D

I found out he is just a Pleco. atm he is about 2 1/2 inches in size.

Hey that's a very nice pair you got there how big is the pair and how old becuase in that clip they look so young and they will turn out to be better parents if left in the tank like goldenpigeon said :wink:

ive had them for a little over a month now and they are about 100mm from top to bottom.
and i dont know the age as i bought them from my lfs.

goldenpigeon
Mon Dec 12, 2005, 10:07 AM
ohhh i just realised u live on the gold coast lol ;) so do i. these fish were from G&S aquarium were'nt they? if so those fish were a great batch :D

good luck with the new tank :D

exile
Mon Dec 12, 2005, 07:50 PM
ohhh i just realised u live on the gold coast lol ;) so do i. these fish were from G&S aquarium were'nt they? if so those fish were a great batch :D

good luck with the new tank :D

i got the fish from aquarium warehouse in southport. i hope they where from the same batch from G&S aquarium by the sounds of it :wink:

Ben
Mon Dec 12, 2005, 09:27 PM
Great little clip exile!

nicholas76
Tue Dec 13, 2005, 04:59 AM
great clip!!!!

those clowns and cardinals/ neons will have a crack at eating those eggs too.

Ive had red tails and they are dammm aggressive - move them on! asap

really nice discus pair too!

Merrilyn
Tue Dec 13, 2005, 06:46 AM
Love the clip exile. Good luck with your breeding plans.

exile
Tue Dec 13, 2005, 07:56 AM
thanks for your kind words :)

Mulisha
Tue Dec 13, 2005, 09:17 AM
I hope my fish turn out any were near as good as them.. :wink: