PDA

View Full Version : Sera Discus Granules

seecuta
Thu Dec 08, 2005, 03:19 AM
Hi guys.

Im about to place an order for some fish food. Normally id get so many containers of colorbits however this time i want to try something new.

Anyway i saw this product on Aquatic Life, "Sera Discus Granules" and im thinking about getting 4.5kgs. Ive never heard of anyone using this food particularly for discus so i need a second opinion. I know Sera makes quality products but i want to hear opinions from other discus keepers.

Ta,
seecuta

Ben
Thu Dec 08, 2005, 03:58 AM
Hi Mate,
welcome to the forum!

i have tried sera discus colour food granules and found it did not do much to enhance the blue colour but the discus seemed to take a liking to it.

I have to tried the standard discus granules though

Ben

electric molecular
Thu Dec 08, 2005, 07:20 AM
Hi Seecuta,

Not so long ago I tried my discus on the Sera granules, but I have to say that they rejected this food outright, even when I mixed it with their other food, so I didn't persist. I didn't try starving them and then giving it to them though. I just figured what is the point when they already have a varied diet.

To be safe, maybe you should start off buying a small amount of the granules from your LFS, so if your discus actually like the stuff you can feel confident in buying in bulk.

Claire.

G-1000
Fri Dec 09, 2005, 03:47 AM
I'll just add my 2 cents worth.

I have both the discus red and discus blue granules from sera - which I used about 3 weeks ago for a 2 week period. I found that there was a very minor improvement in colour (be it red or blue). However, a mate of mine has used the product for about 6 weeks on his blue diamonds and their colour is exceptional. So in my opinion, I reckon with enough time the stuff will work but having said that, that main colour enhancing ingredient in the mix is spirulina (hence the greenish colour of the discus blue granules), which may be cheaper and more effectively added to a beefheart mix.

G

brad_v
Sat Dec 10, 2005, 01:04 PM
My fish will also not touch the Sera Discus Granules, I've tried for several months. I use it up feeding my peppered cats.