PDA

View Full Version : Website

Jeroen
Thu Dec 01, 2005, 10:12 PM
Hello everybody,

Normally making website for my living, few days ago started with a website for my hobby: discus.
It's just the beginning of the process but any comment is welcome
(the whole website will be available in two languages....I know I am risking lot's of grammar and spelling mistakes, but what the h...)

Let me know what you think of it so far, I'm sure you can figure out the few dutch words (topic title's) they are pretty similar to english)

Jeroen

DarrenJThomas
Fri Dec 02, 2005, 01:18 AM
I like the layout. Would be better for me if it was in english LOL

Keep up the good work.

Jeroen
Fri Dec 02, 2005, 02:44 AM
English will be there for sure, first I want to make the whole layout, subjects and things like that, when that is done it's only a matter to add extra fields to the database and make a buttons for english....
I am just orientating what to add there.

For sure is a blacklist, overhere in holland are lot's of petshops selling discus (10 cm, 4 cm heigt, color Dark, food none, water temp. 24Cel. (30 is average) and so on....that's really bad, they tell people you can have 1 or 2 discus without a problem...so therefor a blacklist
Also there will be a whitelist...
Ofcourse things from my own experience....and lot's of nice pictures (I hope)

Will keep you informed, ideas are always welcome

Jeroen

marg
Sat Dec 03, 2005, 03:06 AM
Can't wait to see it in English - should be a great new site.

Good luck with it Jeroen,

Regards,

Marg.

clothahump
Sat Dec 03, 2005, 08:47 AM
I would avoid having a Black list of shops, you will end up in big trouble, bad mouthing any business will surely see you in Court.
Strangely enough it is OK to have a White list that does not contain the shops you dislike ;)

Jeroen
Sat Dec 03, 2005, 09:49 PM
Will keep you informed here about website margot
don't worry clothahump, in holland is such a thing no problem
Something like that is really needed....I tell you: there is many petshops that should not even have a license
They sell discus that is so sick, poor, skinny....you would cry if you can see that: horrible