PDA

View Full Version : Calcium Lactate

DarrenJThomas
Tue Nov 29, 2005, 02:43 AM
Hi

This quesiton is directed to Ben (Advisor) but if any one else can help that would be great.

The Calcium Lactate Powder in your fish food i can get from a local chemical supplier. The data sheet is attached.

http://www.chemsupply.com.au/files/catalog/1CHJQ.pdf

Do you think this is the right stuff or should i look towards a health food shop.

Thanks

Ben
Tue Nov 29, 2005, 03:39 AM
DarrenJThomas

Calcium lactate is simply pure calcium derived from milk.

After reading the site it looks ok, but i would still make a phone call to see if it is %100 calcium lactate. Better to be safe!
I have tried every health food shop in Melbourne and no shops stocked it or can get it in them selves.

If you would like some i can spare some of mine.

Cheers
Ben

DarrenJThomas
Tue Nov 29, 2005, 07:46 AM
Thanks

I will give them a call to find out exactly what it is. This is the same place i get my chemicals to make my own fertiliser.

If i can get my hands on some would you like some.

Darren

Ben
Tue Nov 29, 2005, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the offer Darren!
i recently bought 500 grams for $66-

cheers
Ben

Trebs
Tue Dec 06, 2005, 06:34 AM
Hi Ben,

I presume you are using this primarily for better growth/ shape development of your fry when growing them out? If so have you noticed any difference between fry raised with this additive as compared to those without?

Thanks.

Ben
Tue Dec 06, 2005, 06:54 AM
Trebs, very good question!

After growing many batches of discus without using the CL and using it now it is very good!

I have been getting excellent growth. The body shape seems the same though.

feeding CL to the adults is making a difference aswell, they seem to be getting very thick in the body.

HTH

Ben

Crocky
Tue Dec 06, 2005, 07:13 AM
Ben

What the amount you put in per 1 kg.

Brad

Ben
Tue Dec 06, 2005, 07:24 AM
Brad,

i was using 1 heaped tablespoon per 4 kilo of mix but now i use 1/2 tablespoon per kilo of mix.

Ben

Crocky
Tue Dec 06, 2005, 07:38 AM
Ben

Whats that in grams, or is it a rough measurement.

Brad

Ben
Tue Dec 06, 2005, 07:41 AM
Thats just a rough measurement Brad!

next batch i make i will weigh it to see.

cheers
ben

DarrenJThomas
Thu Dec 08, 2005, 03:33 AM
I spoke to the chemical supplyer and they advised that it is tech grade and can be used in food. They normally sell it for use in cheese.

I bought 500g for $48.