PDA

View Full Version : Orbost. Victoria.

clothahump
Mon Nov 28, 2005, 12:25 PM
Any of you live near Orbost, East Gippsland, Victoria?

sammigold
Mon Dec 05, 2005, 10:23 AM
No... but I've been there.... my engine fell out of my car and I had to take it to an engineer to have the mountings re welded.... if anyone needs to know it was a Volkswagen stype s/wagon and it was a very very bumpy road! :lol: :lol:
They were very nice to me up there once they found out that I was a muso and not a greenie in my handpainted volksy.... :lol:

clothahump
Mon Dec 05, 2005, 10:27 AM
Are they still ripping out the old growth Rainforest? they really should find something else to do instead of Raping the Enviroment.

sammigold
Wed Dec 07, 2005, 03:00 AM
I dont know what they are doing? This was a very long time ago... ie. over 10 years and at the time there was a huge hullaboo over Browns Mountain... at that time I was a very young 21 year old... had never heard of browns mountain and was totally unaware of the environmental issues up there in regard to logging...the man who fixed my car was not going to fix it if I was a "greenie" because he thought i was going to tie myself to trees or something... when he realised I was totally ignorant to what he was talking about his whole attitude toward me changed and he was very nice and did it quite cheaply etc... anyway it was beautiful up there when I went and I hope it still is...

clothahump
Wed Dec 07, 2005, 08:35 AM
From what I hear they are still logging it out, even area's that have not even seen a White man before, makes me sick that they cause such destruction just to build crappy furniture etc...

sammigold
Fri Dec 09, 2005, 03:22 AM
Unfortunately this happens but on the other side of the coin I suppose people have to make a living and the loggers rely on this as their livelihood.... I dont agree with logging forests that are hundreds of years old I prefer the idea of the specially grown plantations... but there is valid arguements on both sides of the coin I think..