PDA

View Full Version : Angelfish suddenly has one pop eye..........

goldenpigeon
Mon Nov 28, 2005, 11:50 AM
hi guys,
i came home from school today to find that one of my young angels has got ONE pop eye........ this angel would be around 4 months old (max) and has not had any illness. this guy is one of 2 young angels i bought which have wild parents so i wopuld hate to loose this very nice fish :(

he is in a bare bottom tank which is kept extremely clean. nonew of the water parametres have changed in the tank for a long time so it is very stable. 3 days ago i added salt at a rate of 2 tea spoons per 40L of water, i suspected gill and skin flukes might be around as the fish were breathing a little heavy and rather dark. all fish are now looking excellent but now i have come home to find this angel with one pop eye :shock: i have no idea if it is like a permanent thing or could be temporary.

there is 5 discus and 3 other angels in this tank. all from the same home and its bro/sister is in there to. none of these fish have a pop eye.......

some help would be greatly appreciated :D

marg
Mon Nov 28, 2005, 03:56 PM
Sorry to hera you are having G.P., i know how well you look after your Fish.

Can you post some pictures - and is it anything like the problem that Jim from Sydney had with his Discus?

I know that Jim made contact with a Fish Vet who works at Underwater World on the Sunshine Coast - her name was Karen and the Phone Number for her Surgery is 0754 938 222. I'm pretty sure he Emailed her Photos' of his Discus when it was in trouble and her advice was pretty spot on.

From what Jim said she didn't mind advising him, so maybe you could give her a call.

Good luck and I hope this information helps,

Regards,

Marg.

sammigold
Mon Dec 05, 2005, 10:09 AM
GP sometimes this can be bacterial and you may need to first try seeing if you can get it to go down through some frequent water changes and a bit of salt as you seem to be doing.. if that doesnt work maybe you will need to get some sort of medication at you lfs. Our mono got a pop eye over night a couple of months ago and died later that same day... all other fish were fine.. no change in water parameters... it just appeared out of nowhere...we did a large water change, transferred him to a hospital tank etc but to no avail. unfortunately that sometimes happens..... hope that your angel does better than our mono.... on a positive side our silver dollar used to be very sensitive to water conditions and would sometimes get a pop eye and with water changes and a little salt it would go down.... he is still around and hasnt had a pop eye for at least 3-4 years.... Good luck!!!