PDA

View Full Version : New Breeding Pair

Mattzilla
Sun Nov 27, 2005, 11:58 AM
Just got these babies into the tank a few hours ago from my very good friend Moses (mopondo).

He is getting out of the hobby for a while and i have been lucky enough to buy some stunning discus off him lately.

here is a couple of pictures of the monster male pb...he is at least 7" from nose to tail...amongst the biggest discus i have ever seen

Mattzilla
Sun Nov 27, 2005, 12:01 PM
he is still settling in and i just kind of sitting around....can't wait to see him relaxed and with erect fines etc...

here is the female of the pair...she is about 6" and absolutely stunning. she is 100% clean and has an amazing blue tibng through her fins...

Mulisha
Sun Nov 27, 2005, 12:01 PM
ahhh your so lucky !!

Looks awersome :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mattzilla
Sun Nov 27, 2005, 12:02 PM
mate you don't muck around...that was quick

lol

glad you like them ...i am over the mooon

Mulisha
Sun Nov 27, 2005, 12:04 PM
I bet your are :wink:

Mattzilla
Sun Nov 27, 2005, 12:04 PM
the other discus addition today is a ...well...i am not entirely sure....

i think it is a leapord turq..... maybe someone could help me out here

this guy/girl beat itself up on the trip home in the bucket and is looking a bit worse for wear.... it's still showing strong stress bars and again i am dying to see it under lights when it has fully settled in.

it's about 5" and has great pattern. would love to pair this one up with one of my spotted snake skins

Mattzilla
Sun Nov 27, 2005, 12:06 PM
i took a couple of other pics tonight that truned out ok so i might as well share them here ... here is me new red rose and 2 spotted snake skins

would love to hear some comments and feedback

Mulisha
Sun Nov 27, 2005, 12:12 PM
jee mate what are you trying to do cause some discus addict like me to break into your house lol there spectacular :shock:

Catch you on MSN ?

Mattzilla
Sun Nov 27, 2005, 12:13 PM
the red rose spawned last night with a my smaller pb male...but my resident big mumma snake skin did not want to have that happening in her tank so she really picked on the red rose...they full on fought for about half an hour,,,lip locks galore

not to be outdone, the resident big mumma female snake skin is spawning as i type with he little lesbain friend the smaller pb (who usually pairs up with the smaller pb male)... are you confused yet? i am

talk about love triangles

here is a really bad picture of the resident big mumma ss female and her lemon frined spawning right now

Ben
Sun Nov 27, 2005, 12:58 PM
WOWSER MATT!!!!!

those discus are awesome mate!

you should be breeding some very soon!!!

the size of that PB is huge!
i bet it even looks bigger in real life than the photo!

thanks for the pics and keep em comming!

cheers
Ben

Mattzilla
Sun Nov 27, 2005, 01:06 PM
thanks ban, i have turned off the lights now and it is swimming around normally....my god it is huge!!!!

i will definately be taking some more photos very soon

cheers

Benny
Sun Nov 27, 2005, 01:28 PM
Great lookin fish, we should have some great quality local bred discus on the market very soon :D

Liverpool_pete
Sun Nov 27, 2005, 08:22 PM
What can i say but nice fish...

Cant wait to see the babies.

Peter

discusme
Mon Nov 28, 2005, 03:22 AM
Very nice discus Matt :)
Time to get more tanks :). Seems crowded :D.

Regards,
Ronny

axelfaz
Mon Nov 28, 2005, 04:12 AM
nice looking pair Matt well done.

Cameron

Katie
Mon Nov 28, 2005, 04:17 AM
Matt will you run away with me? We could have some beautiful discus together :lol: :lol:
Their just lovely. That red rose is gorgeous!

Mattzilla
Mon Nov 28, 2005, 04:24 AM
hahaha

thanks kate

goldenpigeon
Mon Nov 28, 2005, 07:41 AM
some very nice fish there mate :D

u must b a very proud person ;)

nicholas76
Mon Nov 28, 2005, 08:55 AM
awsum fish !!

well done!!!!!!!

discus000
Mon Nov 28, 2005, 10:46 AM
Matt,
One of the best looking fishies i've seen on the net.

Excellent purchase mate.

Mattzilla
Mon Nov 28, 2005, 10:56 AM
i guess you'll have to come over and take a look at them erwin....and that is an open invitation to anyonw who wants to come over for a sticky beak and a bit of fish talk

cheers
matt

Mattzilla
Mon Nov 28, 2005, 10:59 AM
hey erwin, the smaller female pb of the pair you are interested in is laying eggs again right now....she only laid last night...... she is one randy little thing..... hahahah

marg
Mon Nov 28, 2005, 11:01 AM
Lucky you Matt, they are just beautiful.

Hope you get heaps of beautiful babies.