PDA

View Full Version : i think im in trouble

silkieboy
Fri Nov 25, 2005, 12:59 AM
Hey guys, whilst feeding my fish today and looking at them happily eating, i noticed that one of my angels in the community tank had a bunch of spikey things coming out of its anus. i'm not too sure but i think its got round worms :cry: . I've since seperated the angel but am not sure what to do with it. Is levamisole treatment the way to go? I'm scared that my discus in the tank might have it too, so what should i do? Pls guys, all the help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Im still new to the hobby and don't want to lose any of my precious fish.

Cheers guys

Johnny :(

kalebjarrod
Fri Nov 25, 2005, 01:32 AM
Its always a good idea to treat for worms on a 6 monthly baisis

A simple treatment of prazi will surfice and should clear up any problems :wink:

Merrilyn
Fri Nov 25, 2005, 04:34 AM
Hi Johnny, it's a good thing you were so observant and saw the worms. The bunch of stringy things hanging out of the anus is definately round worms and will need to be treated.

As Ryan said, a routine treatment each 6 months is a good idea. Your treatment for roundworms is levamisole, so go to your aquarium shop, and see if you can get a product with levamisole in it. Otherwise, you can get Pig and Poultry wormer from a produce store.

Each six months it's a good idea to routinely treat your fish with Prazi for gill flukes and tape worms, and levamisole for round worms and thread worms.

You will need to treat all the fish in the tank, as the angel fish would have passed them onto the discus.