PDA

View Full Version : road, track and mountain cycling

Darth_discus
Thu Nov 24, 2005, 06:12 AM
i was just asking does anyone do any of the above, and if they are pro at it because i started track and road and looking to become very good at it i hope.

goldenpigeon
Fri Nov 25, 2005, 09:23 AM
hey darthman im getting into road.

how long u bin into it?

sammigold
Fri Nov 25, 2005, 01:30 PM
I dont... :lol: but I did have a friend I used to work with who was into road cycling he used to get up at 6 in the morning ride from Hawthorn to Mornington and back Twice!!!! then go home have breakfast and ride into work (innercity melb) do a 3hr childrens pantomime and then ride home.. this was all after having done a full nights work the night before performing in a comedy show and getting home after 1 in the morning.... I called in sicko!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: But all his road cycling buddies were the same... I couldnt even make to the end of the street and back without puffing my guts out!!! :oops: :lol: :lol:

Good luck Darthdiscus... hope you do well at your new chosen sport!

sammigold
Fri Nov 25, 2005, 01:31 PM
:oops: I mean't to say I called Him Sicko!!!! :lol: :lol:

Littlefish
Sat Nov 26, 2005, 02:37 AM
Aahh - I see! Pantomimes and comedy shows!

So that's why they wear those ludicrous outfits!

Fred :P

goldenpigeon
Sat Nov 26, 2005, 03:31 AM
lol

up here its about a 5-5:30 start :twisted: problem is some of the men dont wear undies cause they ride up their.... kind of a disgusting view .......

Proteus
Sat Nov 26, 2005, 04:24 AM
I used to do a lot of Mountain biking, until I had 2 bikes stolen in 9 months (1 x Giant all terrain bike, 1 x Specialized Downhill dual suspension).

It is something I want to get back into, however I will wait till I move, being that even 1/2 inch gauge chains didnt deter thieves previously (I still have the front tyres and seats which I always detached).

Once you work out which interests you most, i.e. road or track, get yourself set up with some good gear, and you wont go wrong. (brands such as Trek, Giant, Specialized etc are highly recommended)

Darth_discus
Mon Nov 28, 2005, 07:32 AM
thats good to hear everyone.

I started about 2 months ago and started uup with brunswick cycling club at a valedrome.

I also wake up about 5:30 sometimes which is alright besides going down a hill and becoming frozen and you then can't move at all. At the moment i used to have a GT dual suspension, but now that i don't like mountain any more i've started to do road with a Scott Speedster 5.