PDA

View Full Version : Aqua pro cf-1200

silkieboy
Wed Nov 23, 2005, 10:57 PM
Hey guys just wondering if any1 here has used this brand of external canister filter. I don't mind if its not as good as the generic brand such as eheim and fluvals. Just want to know if it will do the job and is reliable. i'm thiking of getting one but would like some feedback first.

Cheers guys

Johnny :)

taksan
Wed Nov 23, 2005, 11:37 PM
The CF-1200 is known to have problems with the tap design which tends to break and leak. Aqua Pro have a newer CFD-1200 with redesigned taps that is a similar price and seems much improved. Generaly these filters are ok but remember that that the media supplied is inadequte and you will to add your own media. They will also not last nearly as long as the better brand but they are so cheap that buying another isn't a issue. I'd hesitate to actualy recommend one but as you say its likely they would "do the job" ...for a while anyhow.

Mulisha
Thu Nov 24, 2005, 12:57 AM
umm I have found with my friends Aqua Pro canister such a waste of money from the day he got it all he has had is problems with dam leaking taps they leak all the time even if you buy new 1's they still leak but they have upgraded it and would suddgest them at all..

HTH

axl
Thu Nov 24, 2005, 03:00 AM
cant complain with these had two for 6 months and havent missed a beat, highly recommened and for the price you cant go wrong, i have got two 1500
and there simple and easy to use

R3dm4n
Thu Nov 24, 2005, 04:16 AM
I've had a CF1000 for 6months and it is doing a great job. The taps havent been a problem and no leaks!!!! So i can vouch that they're a good reliable unit, at least over 6 months.

axelfaz
Thu Nov 24, 2005, 04:22 AM
iam using a cf1000 with probs at all

axelfaz
Thu Nov 24, 2005, 04:23 AM
no probs that is

silkieboy
Thu Nov 24, 2005, 06:23 AM
hehe i get ya axelfaz.
looks to me like im gonna go ahead and get it.

Cheers guys

Johnny :)