PDA

View Full Version : white clould

tank
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 11:49 AM
i treated for gill fluke last week and medicated with wardleys
the result has been good back to eating but i cant seem to win over the loss of slime coat it cleared up for a couple of days but there back to sheading their slime water chances have been several times a day with two at 90% two air stone no sponge and rock salt add
help

tank
Sat Nov 19, 2005, 10:42 AM
what ever happen amazing it was i had to move one pair from the tank what i thought was slime coat loss
No i dont think so it spread into the other tank`white gooey stuff with a rapid groth rate . After a 90% WC it was back within an hour total infestation within 2hrs tank is now in front yard sunnin sponge filter in sun
other tank same as first one will remove fish and clean out last tank
Haqsanyone had this before

clothahump
Sat Nov 26, 2005, 11:58 AM
What is your tap water like?
Ph?
Chlorine?
Chloramine?

Benny
Sat Nov 26, 2005, 01:49 PM
sounds like GP's discus plague thingo, sort of :S

clothahump
Sat Nov 26, 2005, 03:59 PM
OK, if your tap water is just laced with Chlorine then do a large water change with preheated tap water, do not remove the Chlorine, you will be amazed at the results.

tank
Sun Nov 27, 2005, 01:18 AM
nah not a plague fish are fine
have done several large wc and cleaned out tanks filters etc
seems to have cleared up lots
but preheated tap water and`not remove chlorine
ok thanks wil try it

clothahump
Sun Nov 27, 2005, 09:14 AM
Just make sure there is no Chloramine present, the small amount of Chlorine in tap water will just help to control bacterial problems, I had a break out of what looked like Velvet/Fungus on 5 of my Discus last week, after a 50% water change with tap water it was gone within 2 hours.