PDA

View Full Version : HELP please with Dupla 400 reactor.

fishes zd
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 04:24 AM
Hi - I hope someone is online who has experience with the Dupla 400 reactor.

I just picked up my Dupla Delta 400 co2 system.

Installed it no prob. BUT...

I am just tryng to figure out the reactor, mmm, it's the internal reactor 400 and the bubbles are going through just fine (one per sec), but they just go up the side and pop out of the black hole in the top - def. not correct.

The co2 bubbles are supposed to fizzle out of the bottom.. (much smaller mushed up bubbles I assume) I have read and reread the instructions.. the pet shop is half an hour drive away so I am not going back. I took out plug no. 1 from the side - no change, so I put that back in and took out plug 2... no change.. maybe I should plug the hole in the top??

Any ideas ? I am not feeding it into my cannister filter - YET, lol!

TIA.
Kerry

fishes zd
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 04:42 AM
ok I have just realised I need to get water from my filter running thru it..

this of course must be the fun bit (cynical larf)...

I assume I use my outlet tube so it will go from the cannister, thru the reactor bypass and out into the tank..,(with some trickling in the reactor).

Is that right?

kerry

Mulisha
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 05:23 AM
Yeah that's right u use your outlet from your canister to push the co2 through the bottom it should come out a small vent in the bottom.

How big is your tank by the way anu pictures :D ?

Good Luck let me know if u need any help I got the same reactor for my 4x2x2ft plnated tank

Let me know how u go... :thumb

fishes zd
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 05:56 AM
Yeah that's right u use your outlet from your canister to push the co2 through the bottom it should come out a small vent in the bottom.

How big is your tank by the way anu pictures :D ?

Thanks Rick, I'm just fiddling with the diffuser now. I have a 2ft cube. Will post some pics soon.

Kerry
<_><|

Mulisha
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 08:04 AM
nice hope all goes well with my 4x2x2ft planted tank i do 2 bubbles per sec if that helps at all with regulating it :D

GoodLuck...

Mulisha
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 08:23 AM
Hey Kerry,

Ok hope my pictures are kinda clear for you to see..

In the one of the picture you will see a "L" shaped pipe that's my outlet for my canister filter which then joins onto my reactor and my reactor has a hole in the top for a my outlet to go throw and help push the co2 around my tank.

In the 2nd picture you will see the bottom of my reactor and it has the bubbles your talking about comming out the bottom.

Once you have it all set up you will notice a very large change in your plants growth but rember now your adding co2 make sure you dose Iron and all the other nutrients or you will cause algae :?

I recommend Seachem products they are one of the best :mrgreen:

Hope I helped in some way if possible :thumb

Good luck

fishes zd
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 11:21 AM
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the great photos which really help me. BTW nice Angel : - >

I notice you don't have any of the plgs out on your reactor. I will try that because I have been trying taking the plugs out (one at a time) like it recos in the instructions. But I haven't had the bubbling like your pic on the bottom of the reactor. mmm... will try that because my ph hasn't come down and the Co2 permanent test (dupla) is still blue.

Do you have the Dupla permanent co2 test in ur set up ?

TIA!

Kerry'

Mulisha
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 10:32 PM
yeah I have one there really handy when regulating etc and keep an eye on the ph all the time :D

I took a picture of it and yeah it's good idea to have one I never used to have one then I got one so i didn't have a bad feeling in the back of ya head knowing the ph could be all wrong.. if that makes all sense.

Any more questions just let me know... :D

Keep up the good stuff :thumb