PDA

View Full Version : Dupla C02 Delta 400 set up

fishes zd
Thu Nov 17, 2005, 03:36 AM
I am so excited - I pick up my Dupla Delta 400 set tomorrow (Friday)!

I will need to SLOWLY intro the co2 as my ph is up at about 7.7-7.5 which is pretty high.... how many bubbles per sec? I will get it down to 7.0 over a couple of days. Does anyone have any tips or advice on doing this. (Please!) My kh is 10d and gh 11d. Temp 26 deg.

I hope the instructions are pretty good.... I am assuming the reactor goes in the tank - because it is called a "internal reactor" - yes I am blonde but hey you never know!

I am like a kid on Christmas Eve - sickening isn't it....

Now I just need to find some interesting plants....

TIA,

Kerry

discus000
Thu Nov 17, 2005, 05:40 AM
Kerry,

Congrats on your purchase.
Where did you get it from?
I was thinking of getting a set myself.

Post some pictures on the progression of your planted tank.

:)

axl
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 12:49 AM
Hi,
congrat on the purchase i run mine at 6.34 with kh of 2.8 and that is running at 1 bubble per second depends how good your reatcor is if its a duplex it must be good. Its going to be a trial and error i turned my on to 1 bubble per second straight away and it gradually went down from 7.3 to 6.3 with out any problems, they pretty good in terms of ph swings.
cheers axl

fishes zd
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 04:18 AM
Where did you get it from?
I was thinking of getting a set myself.

Post some pictures on the progression of your planted tank.

:)

Hi Axl, I found it online, it's a petshop in Queen St Cambelltown. Dupla Delta 400 with 750g bottle. The web site has $560 but ring them and ask for the price, they gave it to me for $520.
http://www.petaquarium.com.au/products/product.asp?topcat=1&midcat=11&subcat=295&pid=1306
They also carry Sera systems.

Will post pics when it's up and running- it's pretty simple, but need to work out the reactor..

See ya!

Kerry

fishes zd
Fri Nov 18, 2005, 07:24 AM
Oppsies - sorry above post s/b addressed to "discus000".

Sorry Axl !
PS. and I will keep an eye on my ph - so far nothing exciting!