PDA

View Full Version : breeding pair - pigeon blood

kswong34
Mon Nov 14, 2005, 07:14 AM
Hi all,

Just want to get an idea how much will a pair of pigeon blood breeding pair worth. They started spawning since 11 Sep but they were in a community tank. Had just recently moved them to a breeding tank.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/CoryFan/DSCN2028.jpg

Mattzilla
Mon Nov 14, 2005, 11:40 AM
they look very nice

OscarManAlpha
Mon Nov 14, 2005, 12:03 PM
kswong34 What kind of camera are you using ? that shot is very clear. Besides the fact that the glass and tank are very clean.

mcloughlin2
Tue Nov 15, 2005, 12:15 AM
It all depends on how old they are, how many times they have laid eggs....and if they have raised some babies...

By the way, i think they are a very interesting colour... :wink:

HTH.

Merrilyn
Tue Nov 15, 2005, 12:45 AM
Hi kswong, they are a lovely looking pair of fish, but unfortunately, at this stage they are not a true breeding pair.

You can't class them as a breeding pair until you have actually seen some live wrigglers. They could still be two females, or a female and an infertile male.

At the moment, the price will only be the same as two single fish. Once they have live wrigglers, even if they don't raise them, then they are a mated pair, and the price will rise accordingly.

For a nice mated pair, you could expect anything between $300 and $600, depending on your local demand.

kswong34
Tue Nov 15, 2005, 07:01 AM
Thanks all for the reply.

The camera I use is a nikon coolpix 3200. I had shoot the picture from a downward angle so that there isn't any reflection on the flash :lol:

Will keep an eye on them. Will let u all know if they successful have live wrigglers.

Cheers :wink: