PDA

View Full Version : Decapsulated brine shrimp eggs

CMDiscus
Sat Nov 12, 2005, 12:09 PM
Hi! Mates,
Does anyone out there using the decapsulated brine shrimp eggs for their baby discus? I found this product save the labour in preparing the salt water to hatch the brine shrimp eggs,just rinse them in fresh water and feed to the fries,fast and easy in your feeding program with same growth rate,Do you get the supplies in Australia?

If there is still no supply ,perhaps,I can find you a place to get it,please send me a PM if you interested.

DR.V
Sat Nov 12, 2005, 01:35 PM
Some people do hatch their own brine shrimp.

Its very easy to get the eggs in australia.

Mostly LFS got them, order online , or ebay.

Try http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au

CMDiscus
Sun Nov 13, 2005, 04:08 AM
But this new product need no hatching equipment and no salt water vapour which might corrode house appliances,what you have to do is just ringse them in fresh water and feed accordingly. Thanks

Benny
Sun Nov 13, 2005, 04:33 AM
my understanding of decapsulated was that u still need to hatch them, but theres a much higer hatch rate, and there are no letf over eggshells or whatever afterwards..

Ive never raised live bs, so i dont really know

DR.V
Sun Nov 13, 2005, 08:52 AM
But this new product need no hatching equipment and no salt water vapour which might corrode house appliances,what you have to do is just ringse them in fresh water and feed accordingly. Thanks

The salt water you using is not a lot. So it wont effect any of your appliances.

DR.V
Sun Nov 13, 2005, 08:53 AM
Check this out :

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3757

Posted by one of our advisor.

HTH

Merrilyn
Sun Nov 13, 2005, 09:38 AM
You can certainly feed the decapsulated brine shrimp eggs to fry without hatching them, by simply rinsing them first. I've done this myself, and the fry seemed to enjoy them just as much as newly hatched brine shrimp.

You can also put them in the microwave, and cook them like popcorn before feeding, but I must confess, I've never done that.

Ben
Sun Nov 13, 2005, 11:05 AM
decapsulating artemia cysts can be done at home with basic house hold items.

Ben

CMDiscus
Mon Nov 14, 2005, 05:33 AM
They packed in a tin like normal brine shrimp eggs except no shell,so,you don't need to use bleach to decapsulate them again,that's so simple.