PDA

View Full Version : Quarantine Facility

kswong34
Mon Oct 31, 2005, 11:07 AM
Hi all,

Does anyone know is there any quarantine facility around that I can hire?? or ...

Cheers

Proteus
Mon Oct 31, 2005, 11:47 AM
There are a few around, but the costs involved might make you reconsider, on top of the extra work that is required to keep things to certified standard (most QT facilities only allow designated people or employess enter them as per there licensing requirements - hence why most QT rooms have a nice big AUTHORISED PERSONS ONLY notice at the entry point).

Maybe contact kevkoi, he might be able to suggest what the best method of attack over something like this would be.

tank
Mon Oct 31, 2005, 12:26 PM
been there done that good luck if u want to import your own fish

sunshinediscus
Mon Oct 31, 2005, 01:50 PM
Try Kevin at Aquarium Warehouse on the gold coast, he might be willing to help if he has spare space in his room. As Rohan said however, you will not be allowed to do it yourself due to AQIS laws ,the charges will be high and the risks will be all yours. It's the way to go if you want to buy a better discus than is normally available here in Australia. Another option would be Dave at AWL , he is just north of Brisbane and has helped out other hobbiests in the past.

Good luck!

kswong34
Tue Nov 01, 2005, 05:04 AM
Hi guys,

Sorry! I should had made it clearer. I am only thinking to import Siamese Fighting fish at the moment :oops:

Cheers

Proteus
Tue Nov 01, 2005, 08:12 AM
same deal, no matter what sort of fish