PDA

View Full Version : Discus shows? Who knows?

Bill T.
Mon Oct 24, 2005, 11:16 PM
I notice that last year in November there was an International Discus Show in Sydney. Will the same thing be happening this year? Are there any other exhibitions scheduled for Sydney/Melbourne?
If anyone knows, please tell me so.

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 25, 2005, 01:53 PM
Bill, from what I understand, there will not be any discus at this year's show in Sydney. There is another show in Melbourne some time early in the new year, but not sure if discus will represented there.

Perhaps Wayne, from the Australian Discus Club will be able to shed more light on this.

WrxAnt
Wed Oct 26, 2005, 03:25 AM
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where Fish Shows/Exhibitions etc are advertised?

I'm sure they occur but I've never seen them publicised.

Cheers
Ant

Proteus
Wed Oct 26, 2005, 05:10 AM
The large shows get advertising on radio, TV etc, however they are usually only held once a year in the major cities.

Other shows are usually held by local aquarium groups or associations.

If time permits over the next few months I will add a calender of events to here and the other forums that we administrate.

nicholas76
Wed Oct 26, 2005, 01:28 PM
i hope its in melbourne this time!!!!!!!!!!!!

DiscusMan
Thu Oct 27, 2005, 01:09 AM
At present there isnt a show planned in the foreseable future by the ADA.

There is talk among the members of putting on a smaller show.

At one of our meetings we will talk about starting to organise a show i think. Perhaps jsut a smallish show of maybe 50 tanks maximum with judgind and prizes and that sort of stuff. Sausage sizzle and perhaps ajumping castle for the kids... i dunno something small but enjoyable to bring the family along to. Charge small entry fee perhaps $2 a person or $5 a family to help raise funds to pay our clubs debts.

As soon as i know of any event our club is organising rest assured that i will alert all teh forum members of all the details.

Thanks

Wayne

marg
Thu Oct 27, 2005, 01:16 AM
Hi Wayne,

A Discus Show sounds great - maybe some of the Sydney Breeders could bring along any excess stock that they have for sale as well - that would encourage people to attend. Maybe make it coincide with the monthly Discus meeting and include a Guest Speaker - you might pick up a few new members that way - make it a really Fishy day!!

If something like that could be arranged I would certainly travel from Wagga to attend - it would really be something to look forward to :D :D .