PDA

View Full Version : Summer Storms

tank
Mon Oct 24, 2005, 10:49 AM
Here we go again the storm season has already begun here
I was interested how people out there prepare themselves for blackouts etc I for one will take some advantage with the brooders, cold water changes and see if we cant stimulate a spawn
what do u guys think

AussieStar
Mon Oct 24, 2005, 10:52 AM
well im trying a generator out for the first time this yer, its an inverter so has almost a constant wavelength so able to run computer from it, but did cost a bit, but will use it whenever we go camping for the race cars and take a telly

wyldchyld01
Tue Oct 25, 2005, 02:03 AM
know what you mean tank, as soon as we have a storm here it seems i am going to be affected by a blackout. generator the only way to go for me
am messing around with solar panels charging a set of car batteries linked in line through 12 to 240v converter (read about the amish doing something like this but without converter).

Brenton

kalebjarrod
Tue Oct 25, 2005, 09:19 AM
cold water should do the trick especially if you can hold off on water changes before hand mate

i know you your changing the water in those tanks every 5 mins LOL

delay scheduled water changes before hand and then hit them with a 50% one

should work! :wink:

Ben
Sun Oct 30, 2005, 09:55 AM
As far as black outs go, a battery operated air pump or 2 will come in handy. As most places in Australia during summer time will be quite hot, the biggest problem will be oxygen depletion in heavily stocked tanks.

Tank i like your idea to stimulate the brooders!

Cheers
Ben