PDA

View Full Version : cheap way to catch pain in the butt fish

rytis
Sun Oct 23, 2005, 11:26 PM
discus are easy to catch... but not that stupid pleco that i put in there... i already had given up saying maybe he wont do too much harm, but inside i knew these last 2 weeks that this monster pleco is definetely causing some wounds and stress to my discus..... today i came up with idea, i had a while ago, but i improved and its working...

a cut piece of 3 liter soda bottle... at the end i made small holes and tied a piece of beefhearth thru it... leting him get used to it.... entrance is easy for now... then in 2-3 days i will put the other end so it's like a trap and i will take him out.... hes been inside that bottle 80%of the time for the last few hours chewing on that thing..... hehe

endless
Mon Oct 24, 2005, 12:51 AM
LOL nice one

Ben
Mon Oct 24, 2005, 04:53 AM
LOL

very clever!

heheheheeh

piranha-discus
Mon Oct 24, 2005, 12:17 PM
i dunno why you say your fish a pain in but to catch, as when i braught discus from finland aquarium there was one of those big sucking fish same as yours in tank as catch the discus that sucker fish doesnt even move off the wall of the tank, mabe u had teach yours how to play chase? hhummm mabe ..... ben

rytis
Mon Oct 24, 2005, 12:31 PM
its very aggressive on the bottom when the food sinks.
i got these concrete decorations which are very hard to take out so he just hides behind those anytime i put a net in the tank...

Stuart
Mon Oct 24, 2005, 03:31 PM
lol Necessity really is the mother of invention - excellent idea - let us know how it works out :)

rytis
Tue Oct 25, 2005, 02:31 AM
update: HAHAHAHAHAHA the sucker has been busted!!!!!!!!!1 without any effort. the lights turned off a few minutes ago, and i decided to take out the bottle for the night coz i know these plecos need air, and i found it inside!! hehehe, it wasnt as big as it looked though.
:D

Merrilyn
Tue Oct 25, 2005, 01:58 PM
Hehe good one Rytis.

and the score is Humans - 1

Plecos - nil

Stuart
Tue Oct 25, 2005, 03:24 PM
lol I think the score is more like Pleco 10, humans 1 :D

But it's the one that counts :)

Discus Dan
Thu Mar 08, 2007, 12:31 AM
Wonder if that would work for YoYo loaches? Too boistrous for my tank...

Will give it a try.

Robdog
Thu Mar 08, 2007, 07:07 AM
Be very careful implementing anything that Rytis has employed in his tank. You might end up with a Greek Acropolis in your tank! :wink:

FishLover
Thu Mar 08, 2007, 02:39 PM
I took my yoyos out because they were picking on the discus. They also picked the eyes out of my cories.

When I did the water change, I dropped the water level to half of the tank and that made it much easier to catch them.

djceri_g
Sat Mar 10, 2007, 11:00 AM
I have a plec and doesn't bother my Disucs for far! so good! But I think discus doesnt like him!